Ema Step System

Eurusd short stopped at 1.4720. This trade made me +33 pips.

stopped:
eurchf +9
eurjpy +30
usdcad +10

Iā€™m thinking on using 25 pip trailing stops instead of 15 pip.

id this thread still alive?

Yes this thread is still alive.

Yes i am still using it.

Yes i am still having success with it.

Sorry to be blunt, but that is simply how it is :slight_smile:

Maurizio ā€¦Did you give up your day job or is much easier for you to go to work (now that your making good trades)?

I just started on a demo acct and Iā€™m 2/2 so far.

Questionā€¦when looking to trade the daily and using a smaller timeframe (i.e. 30m) if the 5&1 EMA cross and point down and the Stochs are below 20 and pointing up, do you hold off on the trade, or do you not factor on the stochs and focus on the EMAs cross even on the smaller time frame?

Thanks,
Pickle

Thank so much Maurizio
I use a whole day to go thr this thread.
I would like to know the most updated version of this step is from the Post of #170 ??
Thank so much:eek::eek:

Here is quick summary of this system
I just copy from the previous post.

Slow stochsā€¦set at: 18, 3 ,3.
CCI set at: 25.
Bollinger bands set at: standard, 14, 2.0.
1 and 5 EMAs

On a short
Stochs above base line.
Price above top bollinger band.
CCI above +100 base lineā€¦breaking.

Entry Point: the opening of the candle after crossing candle

STOP LOSS: This should be placed 10 pips above the highest point of the price break of the BOLLINGER BAND
TAKE PROFIT: should be 5pips below the BOTTOM BOLLINGER BAND LINE

EXIT: when the CCI and SLOW STOCHS break upwards from their base line

Want to ask a question
Attached pic is the post #174
Why there is entry point within the bb band?
Or there are just the signal from other indicator is ok?
Thank~:confused::confused::confused:

Gee, thanks for summarizing it here instead of me having to go thru the entire thread. :D:D This is just what my poor brain needs after having me force it to read so many other posts.

This system is on my list of ā€œThings To Tryā€ now :D:D

i am trying to use this system for a few daysā€¦which is making profit~~~

About how many pips have you gotten over the past few days? Have you kept account?

Pickle, not sure what you are asking me hereā€¦
Are you asking that if there is a cross on the lower timeframe you factor that into your decisions on a trade on the daily??? Sure you factor it in, but your main decision should be made on the information provided by the timeframe you are trading on, which in your case i believe would be the daily TF.

In answer to your question about giving up my job, no i have not. A funny thing has happened actually, something i didnā€™t forsee, and that is thisā€¦ now that the pressure is off (i am making more than my wage in trades now) i actually ENJOY going to work! Honestly, i didnā€™t see this coming. My trading now seems my income and my job now seems my hobby. Itā€™s wierd, i canā€™t really describe it.

Also, if i am totally honest with you, the prospect scares me. I like the people i work with, the girls are pretty and the guys are a laughā€¦if i left work and just traded all day, i am scared i might become some sort of anti-social wierdo. LOL

hey maurizio!

dude, i gotta say this seems like a very solid strategy! i just started trading forex this past week after a 2 year break, and i am very excited about putting your strategy to the test.

i do have a couple of questions, though. do you still trade mostly from daily charts, and if so what lower TF do you go to to make sure the trend is continuing in your favor before entering? 4 hour? which pairs are you currently trading? could you post a chart of a recent trade just so i can make sure i completely understand how your strategy is working in the current market?

i know there are quite a few requests here, but i would greatly appreciate your input!:smiley:

cheers from philadelphia,
ā€“strange

Is still anyone using this system?

I am in a demo account. It has proven very successful when going at it in a covervative approach. When the setup occurs I am going for marginal gains i.e. 20-25 pips. Once I am confident and can see it I will let it run longer. I have been using it for about a week and half and it has been working so far. I will test it for about a month before putting real money into it. I have been burnt by strats(emtionall and financially) and will take my time with this one. But it is looking REAL GOOD when going at it conservatively.

So are you trading with the trend in lower TF? Or do you just enter when the system says no matter what way

enter when I see it and get out on my conservative apporoach method. I donā€™t look for big pip gains.

I will be testing this system, i have backtested it on eur/gbp, and it looks good i have picked out one trade,i will use it in a current contest, (if i get entered) 2 weeks long, and report back :slight_smile:

waiting for the next time candle to come in to play is a good tip, same step i was using with the 20 pips system, by [B]polishpips[/B],

thank you for both sharing,

wltam - their are no BB on the 1st page of this system ? in [B]Maurizio [/B]pictures their is no bb aswell, have you added it your self?,. i do flick bb on and off myself,i do this because the chart just looks over clogged,.

im sure Maurizio would agree, thank you again,.

Also looking at TRO method, which seems to have made ermm a major impact accross a few forex forums,.

I like this system and it seems to work pretty wellā€¦One question: What time of day do you normally trade. Iā€™m on Eastern Standard Time (NYC) and I have a small business as well as a part-time ambulance job. I am still able to dedicate four to six hours per day to trading and I am most mentally sharp in the morningā€¦I usually trade between 8 AM and 12 PM ESTā€¦Have you found this to be a good time to trade this system and this pair?

OOPS, one more question:
If a trend is looking really strong do you ever enter ā€œmid-treamā€ or do you always wait for the cross?

Thank you in advance for your response.

One more question just came up:
Has anybody tried this system on any other pairs yet? If so, what kind of results have you seen?
Thanks

For what itā€™s worth:
I just made 150 pips in less than 1/2 hour with this systemā€¦
Thank you for posting thisā€¦itā€™s such a huge help