Ema Step System

No, No, No, bring the book on it would be great to have, on that note is there a medication a doctor can prescribe for greed? I was up big time this week and then decided that I needed just a little bit more and well the market handed me my ass.

Hi Maurizio77,

How does the EBook come along??? Looking forward to see how the system is today and how I to put it into works.

Thanks for helping us out…as I guess many of us appreciate your efforts.
:):):):slight_smile:

Yes indeed.

Hi guys, i have just finished the first draft of the EMA STEP EBOOK.

Dobro, i have just sent it to you for review, please email me back and let me know any changes you’d like to see.

Sandpipper, check your private messages!!

maurizio77, Sent a pm to you.

Sent an email to you
:slight_smile:

Hi maurizio77

I doubt how can you filter false signals specially in choppy time? EMA1-5 cross happened too often sometimes.

Thanks,
Simon

There are three ways i attempt to eliminate fake outs.

1. I use a trendline as a guide, if it is a downtrend you want you use a trendline to link the lower highs, if it is an uptrend you want to link up the higher lows. Once done properly, when price breaks out from that trendline it will normally produce a vaild EMA STEP Entry.(Is covered in my Ebook)

2. Look at the timeframe you are using, if it is choppy, go to a lower timeframe (Wouldn’t rec anything lower than the 5Min) and trade the bounces between the bollinger bands…Once you see a vaild entry of course!

3.Try and Trade WITH the trend, for this you identify a trending pair (using 1Hr chart) ascertain which direction it is heading. So for eg, we’ll say it is an uptrend. You want to be looking for an entry on a an EMA STEP on say, the 5Min chart, [I]in the direction of the trend[/I]! That way what you are doing in essance is entering on a retrace of the trend itself. When the trend corrects, price will simply carry you with it.

Keep your eye open for my Ebook as all is explained in there. It is currently being reviewed by a few friends of mine to see if i have missed anything, once i have made any corrections i will release it (For no fee - I earn my own money from trading-don’t need anyone elses!) so stay tuned, should be posted this week!

Question is basically at what point do you determine the trend will most likely affect my trade?

Maybe this should be in the newbie thread, but I am, at this point going to use this EMA Step method, to try to gain some pips  So I figure ask here.

I can look at the daily charts � and it�ll show bars from MONTHS of trading up and down or just up or just down � I assume � IF the general trend for many months has been down for example, this could help in your decision making on whether to enter a trade or not?

OR

Keeping the above statement in mind, I look at the hourly chart, which shows a a few days of trading (maybe a week?) and this entire time, the trend has been up. Not very up, but up. Is this the trend that�ll affect my decision to enter a trade or not in lieu of the first statement.

OR

You guessed it - I want to trade on a 15 minute candle, so I see most of day, this has been actually trending down slightly compared to the last few days of trading.

OR

I gotta throw this out there too, just because maybe it would affect a decision, but at this time, I don�t think it would. Now I look at the 5 minute candle, just to see whats going on and it shows the past 4 candles, that price is moving up - - but am guessing overbought and other indicators show this may soon change its toon � or maybe not?

So again the question is at what time frame do you consider �knowing� the trend � And I�d like to add to that - (under the assumption that you�ll trade ONLY a 15 minute candle) as I realize it probably depends on when your trading and how long you want to be in the market>

OH � did I just get light bulb � Maybe the answer is - It depends on how long you want to be in the market.
Example � If you�re a scalper like seconds to minutes �IN� the market � a strong up trend on a 5 minute candle is all you need. hmmmm makes sense

Or
If you�re during the day (daytrader) the days� trend is good � doesn�t matter what yesterday was? (This seems to be to bold a statement)

Etc. .

You’re right, it depends on the timeframe you are trading and how many pips you’re expecting from the trade.

If you are going to be mainly focusing on Trading the 15m T/F, then i would rec the 1Hr T/F & 30min to guage your trend.

However, that said, if the 15min is all you want to use, just compress the chart, making the candles alot smaller, giving you a longer 15m timeframe to look at, this will also give you a good idea of what is happening. Whack a trendline on it, wait for a breakthrough the trendline, an EMA STEP should form - enter.

Trendlines are just a useful tool to use to guage the trend, don’t rely on them, just use them as a bit of extra confirmation, or an “early warning system” for an EMA STEP.

See example;

You would look to the upper time frames to find a “trend” only when you’re trading 1-2TF smaller. Eg. If I were looking to enter on the hourly chart, I would look at the H4 and D1 to find if price is heading up or down. I would NOT look at the H4 or Daily if I am looking to scalp on the 5min tf.

Because I use this ‘EMA STEP’ method to an extent on the 5min and trade the 1min, scalping for 3pips (+ spread makes it around 5pips trading EU and UJ) I look at the 15min to see where price is going… sometimes I don’t even look and I just base my entries on the 1min from the 5min TF. I also have the EMA setup on the 15min. If I see a cross on the 5min and 15min, I’ll stay in the trade longer.

Within just an hour of trading there are so many opportunities to scalp. I use this method along with a few of TRO’s.

Thanks, I appreciate your input.

Hi Maurizio77,

Any closer to publish your the latest EMA Step System?
Would like to start using the system and help in reporting the results and findings.

Thanks and Happy Trading :slight_smile:

Maurizzio, I would appreciate to tell me how I can read your EBook… I am new in Forex trading and I can see you have a tecnique that works…

I need to study and learn from people like you.

Thanks for your kindness.:slight_smile:

Revised version of Ebook will be out in a couple of days guys, hang in there!

To the guys i sent the 1st draft to, have you been using it?
What are ya results?..and have you been using the Trade record sheet???

I can’t get past jumping in -or forcing the trade. I have only spent about an hour a day trying to implement this method, and so I don’t feel my results would pertain, as I mentioned - I think I see the setup coming - and I jump in, only to find most of the time -the set up did NOT develop and well yes and I lost money. (obviously demo account yet)

Maybe I DO have test results then - - - As stated in the documentation DO NOT pre-empt the trade IT DOES NOT WORK.

I think maybe it’s hard enough to get caught in a few whipsaw trades while following the method to a T. let alone - trying to get in early and or force the trade - in my limited, but first hand effort - - - YOU WILL LOSE in the long run & in the short run.

I will try to get an extra hour per day on this - so from 5:30 a.m. CST to 7:30 a.m. - - and possibly an hour later in day 6:00 p.m.

When the revised copy comes out. Shoot it my way. thanks for your help.

Thanks, Looking forward to it :smiley:

Hi M. -

I haven’t had any time to apply the ebook as another project takes up 75% of my time and 99% of my energy. I know the book will be a great help to us all and especially the advanced strategy to get more pips. Anxiously waiting, d.

So I made one trade this a.m. - it went against me - point out my error please - or could be just one of those that went against me? and I did follow rules?

Buy E/U at 1.3196
Was what I thought a flat "trend"
5 minute candle
shows 12:11 on the 27th which I think is 6:11 a.m. CST