Ema Step System

Hi Guys -

Today was my 1st day of focusing exclusively on the EMA Step system and it was a great learning experience on a number of fronts.

My plan starting off was to trade only as a “Conservative Trader” as described in the Ebook. That rule was all to quickly forgotten after making pips on 2 consecutive trades.

Before I knew it, I had open positions in GBP.JPY, EUR/USD and GBP/USD, and was also trying to ride one of three like the “Assertive Trader,” up to the next timeframe. :eek:

Ok, so at least I know that discipline will be one of my first and foremost priorities.

The good news is that despite getting caught in 3 different fake outs later in the afternoon, the day still netted positive pips based on my first 2 basic, conservative trades of the day.

I am trading a demo account with only $1000 to simulate a more realistic trial entry into the market later in the year. It’s amazing how worked up I can get over trading demo pips with a value of $0.25! But hey, +4% for the day is a start.

160pips profit for the day? Nice work

Didn’t get quite to 160, although with my over trading in the late afternoon, I certainly tried.

I think in my last post I phrased things unclearly.

I started my demo with $1000 a couple of weeks ago, when I was jumping around amongst 3 or 4 different systems and ideas.

Today, with my balance at roughly $600, I started concentrating only on EMA Step.

End of day I had around 96 pips. Wish I hadn’t given so many back. :o

maurizio77

Hi
am following this with interest
could you please e-mail me the ebook ; <[email protected]>
thanks and good trading

Hi Maurizio77,

Thanks for the great stuff you are sharing with many others.
I’m also following this thread and I would appreciate to recieve your ebook.
Here is my email-adress:

[B]forexantomi @ googlemail . com[/B]

Thanks in advance

Antomi

Maurizio, thanks for your kind reply. Just wanted to know your final verdict on the the 30 min james system you mentioned in the first post of this thread.

Thanks

Baby24

Its a good enough setup and works fairly consistantly, the problem i found was that i was spending most of my screen-time looking at the EUR/USD…missing out trading The EMA STEP on my favorite currency which is the Yens.

Trading is purely down to personal preference and trading style, whats right for one is wrong for another.

Find a way to trade that suits you and your style, time & capital.

:slight_smile:

Would you be so cool to send me a copy of you Ebook.
Cheers,
Jon

<[email protected]>

You are ME about 18 months ago!..THOSE EXTRA PIPS!!! “If only i hadnt been greedy and gone for a few more trades!”

Trading often seems like two steps forward one step back…seriously i feel like that soooooooooooo often!

Dude…You didn’t give them back, you traded safely within your risk tolerance…and walked away from the day in profit with your capital not only intact but increased.

You should be smiling my friend, enjoy what you have, don’t regret what you lost…or you will always be looking backwards into the past looking at your losses…perhaps feel a little low about them and possibly overtrade as a consequence.

If you win alot in the morning, walk away, go have a pint, spend some time with the ppl ya love…mission accomplished :slight_smile:

Have you ever been in a bar and watched someone playing the fruit machine?
When someone who kinda knows how to really play them comes along, they’ll pump money into it until it “drops” flooding the bar with the sounds of coins hitting the collection tray underneath.

Now, they have a choice here, walk back to the bar, and get those coins changed into notes and buy ya mates a drink…OR …put it all back in, in the hope that it might “drop” again?

How many times have we seen someone put it allllllll back in, and end up walking away with a disgusted look on their face and a slimmer pocket?

If you manage to “drop” a trade, be wise, walk away…and buy your mates a beer :slight_smile:

hi maurizio, im just start reading this post, i use the fxcm plat, but i can’t put the 1ema, can you tell me how i put the 1 ema in the fxcm plat?

I appreciate your contribution on EMA please i am interested in your EMA
e-book my e-mail address is <[email protected]>
I would kindly and gratefully appreciate it if you can gracefully send me
one.Grateful :slight_smile:
Timothy
<[email protected]>

Thanks for the words of encouragement.

I got trapped yesterday afternoon when the market had already gone flat but I was still expecting some kind of move.

I trade the NY session and today I got in front of charts right after the move started up, and honestly, couldn’t find a comfortable place to enter afterwards.

So today was a success in that I didn’t try to force anything and instead spent the morning flipping pancakes for my kids.

:stuck_out_tongue:

You can’t, minimum is 2 in fxcm… I also use Marketscope (I have mt4 but find it easier to use marketscope for this strategy as there’s only basic indicators needed). 2ema seems to work fine so far… I don’t think there should be THAT much of a difference.

Hi maurizio

I have spent the past 3 nights till the wee hours studying your system and thread, diligently copying and pasting your posts and charts so I can go through it. When I finally got to a few posts back and saw you were creating an ebook, I thought dam I should have started the tread at the end not the start, wouldn’t be feeling so buggard from lack of sleep lol.

I have to say your generosity is to be commended, few would do what you are doing without charging an arm and a leg. You have won me, I like the look of your system and look forward to putting it into practice.

I would also appreciate a copy of your ebook, if possible as would be more refined than what I have copied from the forum.:stuck_out_tongue:

[email protected]

Would love to join you on skype if you manage to get that up and running.

Many thanks for all your hard work and participation in the forum, and to all who make it such an interesting thread to read.

monak

Hi Everyone,

I have a question about entry, assuming the 2 cvonditions at the bottom are 100% ok I am then wating for a cross of ema on the candles say on a 5 min chart.

as the candle moves down I see the ema’s cross inside that candle so do I dive in then or do I have to wait for something else i.e another candle?

thanks

according to the rules - WAIT for the next candle to begin. I will attest to the fact that the ema’s will seem to have crossed and maybe even did cross at one point during the candle, only to have at the time of the candle close - they are not crossed - and guess what happens next . . . each time the price continued WITHOUT crossing causing nearly ALL trades to be losers :: From a person who is still discovering this method.

hye maurizio…i sent a request for ur ebook like 2 days ago but i still havent receive it yet… please can i learn ur method too? my email is <[email protected]>

Would very much appreciate a copy of your e-book.

<[email protected]>

Thanks.

:slight_smile:

sorry i just realised a mistake… it shoud be @ yahoo.co.uk:smiley: can u resend to me then?

Hi Maurizio,
First I would like to thank you for the ebook and the additional information in the forum.
I started to study historical graphs on a 30 min TF in order to get used to the signals.
I came accross a situation where the BB widened largly because of a huge price drop (406 pips in 1 h). I know that is not a typical situation but the recovery gave a nice entry signal. The problem for me is the SL and TP setting. The TP was 500 pips from the entry and the SL 437 pips from the entry.
How would you deal with that situation?
My thought is to exit as soon as the Stoch drops beneth 75.
Any other ideas?
Attached is the image for the EURJPY at 21 Jan.

Antomi