Ema Step System

Hi Maurizio

Great thread and great system.
Thanks

C.

Hi Maurizio,
during my study I found another situation difficult to handle. I’m interested how you or others would handle that.

We have a short entry but the trend turns against us and also the Stoch turns and is going upwards (blue square in the graph). Additionally the ema step crosses upwards.
Would you immediately extit the trade?

Thanks for the support.

Regards

Antomi

Hi again,
have a general question and if this was already answered somewhere, please forgive me.
Sometimes a nice entry signal occurs but 1 or 2 bars later the ema-step crosses in the opposite direction. Is this an exit signal?
Attached is an image.

Antomi

I promisse this is the last one for today! :smiley:

Would you consider these signals in the graph as valid?

The exit, because the Stoch turned and crossed from beneath the 75 line.

Have a great remaing weekend.

Antomi

Hmm,
OK, from what i can see from ya last pic.
it dun look right.

Ya entry seems a candle too late and ya exit seems 7 candles too late.

You enter on the OPEN of the candle after the cross candle

Depending on ya exit strategy, ya should exit on the 1st or last bollinger Band lines hit.

If i can help you anymore then give me a shout, but from what i’ve seen, i think ya need to give this thread another read.

Hi maurizio77

Can you please have a look at the following picture of CADJPY? 4 of 5 trades would be loss if I followed the rules, how could you handle that?

Thank you.

Cheers,
Simon

Hi Perch, thanks for the reply, yes thats perhaps why I have been losing on them too.

However if we get in on a 15min and are running up to 1 hr with timeshare would we still be looking at the next candle on the hr charts?

Hi Simon,

Thats really difficult to see.
Am having trouble indentifying where the lines are crossing.

Trade1 looks like ya entered a candle too late. Though, like i said it is hard to identify where the cross is…But price still seemed to touch the middle B/Band line before it reversed.

Trades 2-5.
You’re in an uptrend, if ya entered a trade at trade 2, ya should still be in this trade, by timesharing.
Had you missed that entry, you’d have had to enter WITH the trend if you’d have had an entry.

Remember to identify the price movement.
That should be waaaay before you enter any trade guys.

If ya dunno how price is moving how do ya know what strategy or timeframe to use?

From Trades 2-5 you were in an uptrend…this would be an ideal time to enter on a retrace.

Why is everyone concentrating on trading this system on the 5 minute T/F?
It’s the most whipsaw-prone T/F out there… just because the movements are bigger on the larger timeframes, doesnt mean ya have to risk anymore of your capital than ya would on a 5min trade, just enter smaller lots.

Strictly speaking the 5min is for periods of low volatility, or “Flat” markets…when its in a range, if the 5min is in a trend then ya should be entering in the direction of that trend.

OK,

Thought i would get into Trading the trend a little more indepth here.

Once you have established what the current movement is on the daily, you then know how you need to be trading for that day. (Long or Short)

So if you saw that the daily was in an uptrend…are you really going to try trading against it?

Of course not, the odds are stacked against you.

You want to “Butt into the Trend”, slip into the main daily trend using a retrace for an Entry.
Of course using exactly the same method as we always do. The EMA STEP.

See pics…

Sometimes I just can’t see the forest, for the trees.

It’s hilarious (since it’s demo $) just how blind I can be, and to what extent tunnel vision takes over.

I was reading your last post and looking at the charts regarding trends. I take note of how you point out the current uptrend.

So on my Daily, I see that it’s in an uptrend since Jan 25 and I think, “do I want to trade against that?” Of course I am completely blind to the overbought stochs and peaking CCI.

I go straight to my lower time frames searching for an entry. Find a textbook set up on the 15M chart at 22:30…and make my move on the candle after the crossover.

Then my brain and eyes decide to come to life and scream at me, “the daily chart is overbought and in an overall down trend, and you are hoping to trade against both of these more powerful forces!”

Maurizio, my friend, I am not sure f I can do your strategy justice, or any other for that matter.

Becoming “aware” of what’s really happening is taking me longer than I anticipated. hhahahahaha.

On a side note…to any and all Australian BabyPippers out there, I hope you and your families are safe and well away from the fires.

hi maurizio77

am following this thread with interest
could you please e-mail me the ebook ? : <[email protected]>

thanks and happy trading !!

I posted yesterday that the daily on GBP/JPY was still going up, as the Stochs and the CCI wern’t yet in overbought territory.

I said that you wouldnt want to short against the trend.

I said that you should enter with the trend when you see a valid entry.

Please tell me one of you entered this today???

Great catch M!

Wish I would have been online at the time. I might have seen that one!

I noticed that all my ranting in yesterday’s post was just second guessing the set-up I took, since it didn’t work out.

The current trend was up on the Daily, with the Stochs and CCI just sneaking into overbought territory.

I entered on the lower time frame that offered a candle cross going long, with the Stochs and CCI coming out of over sold, but it broke down on me.

In that example, the Daily Stochs and CCI in overbought, no matter how slightly are over powering my lower time frame’s “valid” entry?

Keep banking those pips! :smiley:

Cheers dude.
May the pips be with us…

Hey Maurizio77,
love the system.
Have actually followed from the beginning.
Still working on finding the entries when they happen but otherwise,
have had decent success in demo.
Would love to read your book if you could send it to me. <[email protected]>

Thanks a lot,
Look forward to it.

Mauriz1077,

Just wondering if I could get a copy of your book?

<[email protected]>

thanks in advance

Hi Everyone,

Just a reminder that you can find a direct link to Maurizio’s ebook on my Facebook page.

Just search for: Uber Pip

and the link is on my wall/notes section.

Hi,

Can someone post me the link to the book.

I’m interested in learning.

Thanks

south54

Maurizio77,

Your system is very encouraging. Could you please send me the book as well. Please sent to <[email protected]>

Many thanks,

Eli

1 day.

4 Pairs.

15Min Chart.

927 possible pips…i myself got well over 500 today :slight_smile:

No stop outs.

Like i said…this sytem rocks!