Ema Step System

Note to all:

This is why you should always TEST a system before using it – ESPECIALLY THOSE IN FORUMS:

Ten Year Test of the daily version of the First version of EMA Step System

EMA 1, and 5 on Daily graph

Trailing Stop of 100 pips per instructions

Calculate on the Close of the bar.

:eek::eek::eek:

wow, look at that graph, imagine if you could short on that graph…

So maybe, based on this graph a contrarian approach to this strategy would be profitable? lol

happy trading :slight_smile:

I use Oanda platform. I wonder how to do a back test for ema???

Could you explain how please???

English is my third languish please ignore mistakes…

Backtesting is [B]USELESS.[/B] Don’t waste your time with it. It shows innacurate results and has NO validity to any strategy whatsoever. You can see from the “backtested results” that this system is unprofitable from the word go. The author has stated that he has been trading this very same thing, PROFITABLY, over quite some time (as I recall quite a few posts back). Now I don’t know about you, but if he says he has been trading it successfully, I believe him over a computer generated test.

It’s the same with MOST if not ALL trading methods. You CANNOT tell if a trading method is successful or not by backtesting.

This question goes out to all those who dont even look at a strategy unless the “backtested” results say it’s good to go; what if the results show its profitable over 10years, so you have a crack at it and lose. You lose time and time again. I would like to know what you ask yourselves when your failing at a system that is “supposed” to work?

This is what separates the successful from the unsuccessful. And if you don’t get out of this mindset of having to backtest every single thing before you would use it, you will never find the ‘right’ system or method for yourself. Instead of wasting your time backtesting; USE the system or method yourself, FOLLOW the rules and if it’s for you, great. If it’s not, move on. Just because its profitable for one, doesn’t mean it’ll be profitable for another. And just because you or some others can’t get it, DON’T go bothering to backtest and post screenshots to “prove” thats its not a winning strategy/method.

End of my rant.

Hey Maurizo,

just like to say ive been reading this thread for the past 3 days from 6 in the eve until 1 at night. am shattered but finished it twice over. I guess when something is so interesting to read, you don’t want to stop… you just want more input. Have to shake your hand for giving your system out and sharing all the great tips.

Anyway, Im in the London time zone too so was just wondering, when are the best times to trade on the GBP/USD & GBP/JPY? My spreads are smaller from 8am to 10pm.

Was just wondering if you could email me your ebook as ive set my graphs to your settings and will be trying your system out in the next few days. Ive noticed on page 56… i think… you showed a graph on a 15 min time frame with settings as stoch-(8.3) and cci- (8) instead of the (14.3) and (20), care to explain??

My email is <[email protected]>

Paycheck

P.S Sorry for the bad english, im shattered and my english is bad anyway

When have i said that the stop should be 100 pips?..

WOW…someone with sense.

That is the kind of attitude that will make this guy a success in FOREX.

There are too many people on here who think that a system will give you monstrous returns with no effort.

I have paid my dues with Forex. I have read all i can for nights on end, ignoring the ones i love, i have done all the testing i can, looking at figures, trends, retraces and indicators.
I eventually came up with a system that wins alot more than it loses.
This is it.

That said, this is not an automated robot that makes you money while you sleep, no system does that…let me say that again…NO SYSTEM DOES THAT.

You need to be prepared to put in the hours and do your own research. Work out how you want to trade, what your risk is, and then trade off the results of that.

I am not blowing my own trumpet here…but you might have noticed that my posts on here are getting fewer and farther between.
This isn’t because i have a crap system that i am embarassed about, it is because i am beginning to get to a stage where i really don’t feel the need to post anymore.

There are always going to be people who can’t get this working and who slate this system…**** happens. Fair play. Each to their own.

But there’re plenty of others who have sent me emails saying thank you for turning my red account into a black account.

All i will say is… Demo the system.

Look at how it makes money and how it can lose money.

Make the connection for yourself.

Then put it into action.

Why did you enter?..Was it below 30???

:confused:

your stochs arn’t below oversold.

Look at your other indicators…you can’t just enter coz the EMA’s cross.

Please download the EBook. :slight_smile:

Dude.

All THREE of your indicators should be breaking their lines.

Don’t jump in until they’re met.

The Cross Candle should be your “Interest Signal” the other indicators your confirmation.

Hey all

a left a message a little while ago, but i have’t had anyone email me the ebook or get back to my message. Any idea where i can get a hold of this ebook??

Cool Thread, If i dont get the ebook soon, ill have to read the thread again… where do i find the time???

Cool Thread… EBOOK PLEASE. Ops sorry, did i mention that already… my bad.

Paycheck

EBOOK… sorry, … just came out!

To all and everybody who prefers cash to reading the whole thread (or just some posts back):

No, we don’t send money, we also don’t send ebooks, but if you can read you will find a download link in post 600!

And, yes, it works… and yes, you don’t need a password…

And yes, maurizio will accept your thanks, because it’s a great book about a great method frome a great guy! Thanks maurizio!

And would you, maurizio77, consider telling us some more about your other setups? No ebook required, just the master’s experience. I sen’t you a mail on this aswell.

Best wishes

Baby24

The ebook has been and still is available, no password needed:

mediafire (dot com) / emastep

Happy pip hunting to all.

After spend two months trying this method is paying off. I am racking pips .It is incredible how this system really works… My mystake were patience that i didnt had…also my TP was too higher…if you follow the E-book you should get it…spend time with all JPY currencies because this system works in all off them also works on Eur/usd…

thanks…

Murizio thank you for sharing your hard work…

Hi everybody,
I�m very interested in trying this system,could somebody send me a copy of the ebook?:
Thanks.
<[email protected]>

Hi, thanks for the link but I don’t undertand how to get into it :o… It’s asking me a n email address and password…
Could you please send me the ebook by email to <[email protected]>?

Many thanks in advance :):slight_smile:

And it even works on plain index spot/futures like Estx50 today . LOts of ticks (at 10 Euros each)

Regards

Baby24

I’ve been trying to download the e-book, but it just doesn’t seem to work. I click on the link, but it doesn’t download.:o Any one else have this problem? Looks like a great system.

Hello to all,I read this topic for two week recently downloaded e-book,I applied indicators according to instructions i checked charts in major pairs but i couldnt see much oppurtunity to trade with this system.When ema’s cross other indicators not to enter trade.I am not sure is this sytem usefull or useless

Thank you for sharing your work Maurizio … it’s the system I’ve been looking for (not yet practicing it). Looks like it is answer to my questions .

Prior finding this system. I have tried combining trend lines, CCI and EMA 2 and 4 … but the system was in very initial stage.

Several days ago I found this thread to Google and … bam! got most of the answers here.

This probably a solution to my current crisis. Lost a house and a lot of money since the beginning of Jan 2008 in both mutual funds and stock markets.

Thank you for being generous …I wish you more success and happiness in your endeavour and I wish all the folks at babypips.com big success too!