Ema Step System

my trades yesterday:

GBPCHF Sell 1.6757 +39pips
EURJPY Sell 121.76 -89pips
USDJPY Sell 91.29 -22pips
USDCAD Potentially crossover for Sell. Check the next candle to confirm entry.

All has 200pips stop loss and 75 trail profits.

Why is there a standard 200 pips SL?

SL should be determined by the previous High or Low before the EMA Step occurs, also your TP should be determined by what the price reaches not by a set amount.
This system is used with Bollinger bands for a reason, and that is to try and gauge your exit.

Although the rules to this or any system for that matter are always set in stone, you must remain flexible and use your discretion whilst trading.

If it was as easy as entering your settings and perameters then everyone would be a millionaire, the fact that, as you mentioned previously, 95% of traders fail is indicative of this.

I have posted a pic of my current trade, notice that i have no TP set up, what i am waiting for is for the price to hit around 139.00 as this is the extremity of the Bollinger Band, this level will move up and down with the price.

I entered at the open of the 09.30 candle, and at that point the opposite Bollinger Band line was at 138.72, it is now at 139.00.

Do you see how my profit target has changed, yet the rules of the system have stayed exactly the same.

You need to use discretion when youā€™re tradingā€¦donā€™t DEMAND pips from the marketā€¦takes the pips it offers you.

Hope this helpsā€¦

Okay, so an update.

My target was hit, i was going for 139.00 but it actually ended up diving to 138.82.

Had i left my target at the original entry price target of 138.73 we would have missed the opportunity of bagging pips, i would still be in the trade and price has rebounded.

Instead i have kept my eye on it and mentally adjusted my Take Profit after every candle (to coincide with the new levels of the opposite Bollinger Band line) this is why this sytem is so sucessful when done properly.

Admitedly, there is every possiblity that price may eventually hit what would have been my initial entry target, but why risk it? I have made 58 pips and i my Capital is safe until i enter my next trade.

I got out while i was ahead. i didnā€™t force the market for a certain number of pips, i just took what it was willing to give me and got out.

This is no change to the system (before ppl start telling me i have tampered with it again) as i have always said, the point of this system is to try to ā€˜bounce between the Bollinger band lines using the EMA Step for an entry and the opposite Bollinger Band line for an exit.ā€™

Try trading the system the way it was intended 5ive5 and you may have better results.

Best wishes :slight_smile:

hey guys,

i bump into this thread so i decided to read itā€¦ it seems like i am missing out something here? what is that ebook thing?

i thought iā€™m using your method but look back again to your strategy, seem like iā€™m missing lotā€™s of detailā€¦ (tats the problem when you read to much diff strategies :slight_smile:

i simply calculate 2% of my $1000 and using 0.01 lot.
although, i did look at the previous highā€¦ i rounded the previous high (not the previous candle) GBPCHF 248pips and USDJPY 180pips to 200pips. and previous high of EURJPY was way to high of 470 and i just limit it to 200pips as well.

This system is used with Bollinger bands for a reason, and that is to try and gauge your exit.

i seldom online so i donā€™t have much opportunity to change the profit target. so, i just set the tp and check again the next day.

i used to trade with EMA5&12 crossing with RSI(12) to confirm entry. My exit was at the next crossover. but, this system missed most of the early movement oppurtunity. It seem ema1&5 is better although it might has more false entry. Furthermore, i donā€™t have time to check for the next crossover, so, i just used the TP.

Hope this helpsā€¦

thanks, it def helps. thatā€™s a wake up call for me to understand better the system iā€™m usingā€¦

iā€™m using this indicator to show me when there is a crossover. probably useful to some of you. it will draw a solid arrow pointing at the crossover and give a sound. Please find the attached .txt file and rename it to .mq4.

enjoy.

the hollow arrow is another indicator iā€™m using from RSI crossover (is not attached in this thread)

maurizio77

Thanks for the system. Does this work for 5 min timeframe as well as EU trading ?

M.77 -
I had a major computer upgrade done and the shop assured me everything would be saved. WRONG! Your ebook was one of the casualties, so would you please send it to me again? Thank you. d.

Januaryā€™s results are most impressive, were they all on the same time frame?

edit: sorry, used a magnifying glass, the TF seems to 3H on Oanda. What I havenā€™t seen posted, just donā€™t know where to look, is the BB useage. I understand the other indicators & RSI was dropped, right?

maurizio77 - Which time frame do you use the most to trade this system ?

Also how do you identify the ā€˜fakeā€™ signals - the ones that have all the correct signals and cross candle but only move a very short distance before moving back in the opposite way ?

Hi,

I am using Meta Trader software. Do you guys know how to apply the Moving Average ?. The software prompts where to apply the EMA, at the open, close, median, typical price and etc ?. Do you guys know which one i supposed to choose, because i choose all of them and it looks different from maurizio77 's one. Please let me know. Thank you so much for the help.!

Foobee

Hi Maurizio 77,

As I could not replicate the Oanda settings on the Meta Trader 4 platform, I have switched to Oanda and am currently using the Demo account. Even though I am in Singapore GMT+8 time zone, I am using GMT+0 to replicate your screen shot.
The 0930 candle is correct entry, however, the Bollinger band levels are different. I am using 14, 3 as the values for the BB setting. What could be the reason for the anomaly in the BB levels.

I managed some pips yesterday but not with confidence. Therefore, still a long way to go.
Also is there any EA or an indicator which can be used to warn us whenever the EMA cross occurs on a selected time frame?
Cheers.

The 15M, 30M and 3H charts are what i use most. It depends on whats happening to the market, if theres a trend i will often use a 1 or 5 m to get into a Timeshare.

LOL How do i identify the fakeouts? If i could entirely eliminate fake outs i would be a multi millionaire by now!!!

The short answer is that you canā€™t, all systems have their frailties, this sytem is no different. However there certainly are things you can do to minimise your exposure to fake outs, firstly, watch for news announcements, they can change price movement in the blink of an eye.
Secondly, play it safe, if you enter a trade and its looking good, then things start to retrace, up your stop, or move it to break even, that way you donā€™t let a winner turn into a loserā€¦if it carries on going and you couldā€™ve made 200 pips but only managed 20, thatā€™s still positive right?

With time and experience you will begin to get a ā€˜feelā€™ for the pairs you trade most on, this is the biggest way of spotting fake outs, but iā€™m afraid thatā€™s something i cannot teach, you need to learn that yourself.

Hi, perhaps the picture is too small, but i donā€™t see any anomaly between mine and yours.

See post 847, i think someone has already worked this out!! :wink:

4 Trades

152 Pips (Couldā€™ve been alot more)

No Losses.

Just followed the system :slight_smile:

I should have seen the 2nd trade as I was still in the office (around 1830hrs my time) but did not check my computer after 1700hrs. Later on when I checked the Oanda screen after dinner, the 2nd Trade was already over and the 3rd trade was half way done. Decided not to regret missing these oppurtunities as tomorrow is another day with more oppurtunities.

Is my assumption correct that you look for the 15M, 30M and 3H TF to be in one direction ( either going up or down). I observe that most of the JPY crosses on the daily chart are in the OverSold territory and should be breaking the downward trend shortly. Therefore, after the break of the TL when the D, 3H, 1H, 30M and 15M TF are in the OS territory we can expect a big move.

Cheers

Unlucky, they were good trades.
Personally, i open with my Daily and work my way down from there, looking at at what each TF is doing.

I make my mind up as to which TF i will use after i have scanned them all.
Of course i look for trends, ranges an the likeā€¦but to be honest, i look for the most likely entry on the lowest TF possibleā€¦so long as my other indicators are showing what i need to see.

The quicker you can get into a trade, the further you can follow it.
But in doing that you have to see the bigger picture, so, say, you enter a 5m TF, you need to be prepared for that to go against you a certain extent if you are going to follow that trade on the 15M chart.

What separates this sytem from others i have seen on here is that it gives you clear guidelines on how to maximise the profits you have into higher and higher TFā€™s (Timeshares). So the lower TF you can start at, the bigger the potential rewardsā€¦without ever needing to adjust your Stop Loss.

Of course, if you begin a trade on the 15m, and end up trading the 3hr, your stop loss will be tiny, but your profit will be huge. THAT is the way to trade this system. :slight_smile:

Entered EU Short Trade
Entry Price 1.3781 on 15MTF and a little late as I was out for lunch
SL 1.3804 (above sweet spot)
Thereafter I just followed Maurizioā€™s timeshare methodology and am still in the Demo trade. The TP was shifted as the Trade developed from smaller TF to higher TF. On the live trade my last TP of 1.3702 was triggered before I could change it (actually WiFi failed).
One of the reason to take this trade was that the uptrend on 15 min could not go past the long term term trend line on the 15M TF. As the Stochastics was above 80 it was a question of waiting for the trade to develop. Unfortunately I had to leave the computer as lunch was beckoning, nevertheless I entered the Trade about 15 mins later than the ideal entry.
Question to Maurizio:- Was my entry correct or is it just by chance?
Pics attached

Cheers

Yep well done.

Your first entry was late (as you stated) the ideal candle would have been the 1345 candle opening at about 1.3788 level, but itā€™s OK, the trade worked.

Well done for getting on the Timeshare, when you hit a timeshare correctly youā€™re literally laughing as the risk is so small compared to the reward.

From what i can see this was no lucky entry, you got it spot on, followed the rules and won.

Congratulations :0)

hi maurizio77, indeedā€¦
my previous blindly 3 trades were all lostā€¦ two stop loss (200pips) were hit and one TP triggered but stopped at only 20 pips profit. if i had followed ur system, those three were not valid entryā€¦

btw, what do you think the performance of this system for daily chart?

cheers