Email Alerts

How do you set your trading platform to email you or send it to your cell phone when your indicators hit certain points in your trading system. I know i saw it on here once before but I could not find it again. Could someone point me in the right direction?

click the alarm symbal on the left side of your chart (if in dealbook)

What trading software are you using?

If you are using MT4, it can be done. There are several threads that explain it in detail, so I won’t repeat. Just do a search for SMTP.

interbankfx

You just have to set up MT4 to send an alert to an email address, using the email address of your phone.

If you need an email service compatable with MT4 read this thread… 301 Moved Permanently. I posted that back in 2008, so I hope the service still works, since I haven’t used it in over a year.

You can do a Google search to find the right email address for your cell phone provider. My phone, for example, is through AT&T and the email address is <[email protected]>. Anything sent to that email address comes to my phone as a text message.

Contact the IBFX technicians and they’ll walk you through it.

Hey thanks so much. i was searching forever and couldnt find it.

No they won’t. IBFX techs, from my experience, are idiots and don’t know how to do it either!

Plus 95% of people don’t have the type of email account you need to work with MT4. Most email servers require authentication and won’t work!