EUR/USD Technical Analysis from a Newbie (need to be confirmed)

i think thats it for this week price at the resistance maybe will be up for a surprise on monday who knows

Yes, let’s see how it plays out next Monday. We might look at next range 1.3680 to 1.3700.

I believe that ultimately this market should continue to stay in the consolidation area that we have been in for some time although EURUSD had a positive session on Friday, breaking the top of the hammer for the Thursday session which of course is a strong buy signal.

i think we finally got a break on the pair over 1.3650 and now its testing 1.3685 i hope we can see abreak above this resistance too

The selling on USD today was not entirely unexpected, the London Fix being a contributing factor, or “Portfolio rebalancing”.

“This flow would explain why the dollar
tends to sell-off at month-end if US equities rallied in that
month and tends to rally if stocks declined that month, even
controlling for fundamental influences on that day”.

Source:THE TECHNICAL ANALYST Jan-Mar 2010

Here is a link to that particular article:

http://www.mta.org/eweb/docs/pdfs/10-apr-tamag/tamag-intraday.pdf

Should have added that Barclays’ model was giving a ‘weak’ sell for USD at the weekend, though other commentators were warning of USD selling by fix time, it came a little earlier than that.

Barclays’ Month-End Fixing Model Generates Weak USD Sell Signals

Eur/usd tested 1.3700 today, maybe it shows us a sense of direction here.

You are right, it seems showing trend upside, but with this pair we can never be sure.

EURUSD broke higher during yesterday session, slamming into the 1.37 handle. This is an area that’s been significant resistance previously, so it makes sense that the market stopped right there. However, the fact that we are closing out the top of the range suggests that the market may attempt to break out to the upside

No sign of buyers in EUR/USD. Where are they ?

i guess buyers are waiting for this week news before making a decision

I think euro is going to make a huge rally against usd

Within the next few months (Y)

EURUSD fell during yesterday session, as the 1.37 level did offer resistance. This has been the case for this level for some time now, the truth is that the nonfarm payroll numbers coming out tomorrow will somewhat hold back any significant moves in this market place. A real move may not come until after that announcement comes out.

Yep, can’t wait big movement tomorrow.

yup i guess its all up to tomorrow’s news i guess for today we will not witness more strong movements

But why the Eur didn’t take advantage of the dollar weakness guys?

I don’t know other people, I’m definitely waiting for tomorrow.

coz of the ECB meeting today all traders are waiting to see what will happen to the eur interest rate

EURUSD fell during yesterday session, testing the 1.3650 handle, previous resistance change its role and become a new area of short-term support. We need to see a break above the 1.3705 level in order to be comfortable buying.

today we have big news ahead of us i hope we will see real change on the price because the pair is back to side trading