EUR/USD Technical Analysis from a Newbie (need to be confirmed)

The eur/usd hit fresh low almost everyday this week, Today’s disappointing US data was not enough to stop the bearish trend. The bearish trend has extended for 9 months in a row now, the question here is how far can it go?

At this point, particularly with FOMC meeting next week, parity may happen sooner than we expected.

Indeed, the pair will likely reach parity soon, but with the way things are going I think it might go lower than that.

And yes it will. Next support is at 0.9 on the monthly chart. And once they will start purchasing them bonds, this will help the euro to rally up.

The EURUSD is making a correction, but it may just be that, the downtren is still in place, dont be fooled by the recent pullback.

[QUOTE=“fxstrategist;688934”]The EURUSD is making a correction, but it may just be that, the downtren is still in place, dont be fooled by the recent pullback.[/QUOTE]

Right Pull back might just one day but looking forward downtrend on friday

[QUOTE=“Ying17;688991”] Right Pull back might just one day but looking forward downtrend on friday[/QUOTE]

It hit the 1.0550 this might have temporary uptrend

Since the beginning of this year EURUSD has fallen more than 13.20% and is in a strong bearish phase. The pair fell during Friday’s session printing a new low at 1.0462 and closed near the low of the day and no hard support in sight. Stochastic is showing an oversold market setting higher lows and price is making lower lows, signs that the downside may begin to get exhausted and ready for pullback.

On page 9 of the March 2015 ECB ‘Staff Macroeconomic Projections for the Euro Area’
(https://www.ecb.europa.eu/pub/pdf/other/ecbstaffprojections201503.en.pdf?7385bf4f8a3f4021928e832362e3da8e)
you will find the following EUR/USD projection:

“[B]2) An alternative exchange rate path
[/B]
[I]While the baseline assumes an unchanged effective exchange rate of the euro up to the end of the
horizon, a scenario could be envisaged in which a further depreciation of the euro could result from
a divergence in the euro area’s and the United States’ growth prospects. Such a scenario would be
consistent with expectations of the monetary policy stances in these two economies further diverging. An
alternative path of the euro, implying a further depreciation, has been derived from the 25th percentile of
the distribution provided by the option-implied risk-neutral densities for the USD/EUR exchange rate on
12 February 2015. [B]This path implies a gradual depreciation of the euro against the US dollar to an
exchange rate of 1.04 in 2017[/B], which is 8.8% below the baseline assumption for that year.” [/I]

Interesting thoughts…

EUR/USD fell on Friday and made a new low to reach 1,0460.
Then recovered to trade again above 1,0500.
The short, medium and long term is negative and a move below 1.0460 will take the pair up to 1,0360 minimum of 8 January 2003.
However caution is recommended as the RSI went out of their oversold territory with a positive divergence with price.
The MACD is above its signal line pointing up.

Consolidation continued for EUR/USD today after the pair formed a doji candlestick on the four hour filter chart above the support at 1.0490 and climbed over 100 pips. The pair is likely headed for 1.08 or even 1.10, but I doubt this is the end of the bearish trend.

Negligible impact of Draghi’s press conference (half an hour ago) on EUR/USD, and of the ECB’s QE update earlier today, shows that all eyes are on Yellen this Wednesday for direction on US Dollar direction…

The EUR/USD climbed to 1.0619 after opening from 1.0484 today and i hope that uptrend continue to the 1.1000 soon.

Currently 1.0568 and falling

Hello everyone, The following is my P.O.V. based on the system (scalping) which I use to to trade.

You see two blue colored boxes…
If the bid of EU closes across the price of 1.05892 on the 5m BEFORE touching the price of 1.05556 then EU is back to a scalp and breakout buy. Until the price of 1.05875 is closed across then EU is not a scalp buy. At the moment I am only looking to buy EU, and after today’s increase in price I have profited over 40% by simply buying.
Please be advised that until EU closes across 1.05892 on the 5m then it remains as a scalp sell.

[QUOTE=“eddieb;689211”]Currently 1.0568 and falling[/QUOTE]

Im still short,

Planned stop lost 1.1509
Planned target price 1.0404

Very interesting thoughts, thanks.

Also have a look at anothers website traders bias towards EU…

You can wager big time that the next breakout of 50+ pips will be to the upside due to the bias to the short side. The last 12 months, when EU has been 50/50 the price always followed the overall trend (down). Yet, once one of the two positions is titled greatly to one side, it always goes against the bias of the traders.

Thank you, ‘Best Pick Are Us’ :slight_smile:

Yes, contrarian traders will be ready to go long the Euro and planning their time to do so…

However, no trend is over until the trend says so! Look at the S&P500! Okay, that is an equities thing,

going on and on (and on…) but there is no reason why the Euro could not go further down, e.g. to parity

and beyond… Stranger things have happened!

:slight_smile:

[B]Tá fáilte romhat!

Oh, and happy St. Patrick’s Day to you (in less than two hours)!

:wink:
[/B]