EUR/USD Trend For Today

No guess- I never guess!!
That term is non-existent in my lexicon when it comes to discussing trading and trading tactics- I’d recommend you adopt a similar principle GhostDog! :stuck_out_tongue:

My strategy gave me a signal to short so I shorted. :wink:
It was just a matter of reading price action- I actually didn’t even know about Draghi’s comment until after I placed my trade.

The euro should from now on fall at least a month.

csc2009 - could you please explain why?

Well, it reached 1.37 indeed… in fact, it has gone through it in the last hour…

No clear trend on the EURUSD for today. Any piece of news can have the pair either breaking the 1.3700 to the downside or bouncing from it to the upside.

Should fall until the 5th of June when Draghi’s speaks again bought the official monetary policy, until then everyone is speculating on ECB cutting rates and QE for Europe.

Tomorrow will be a very interesting day with European CPI data and US unemployment claims as well as Philly manufacturing Index!

It would allow enough time for the market to digest the May flash CPI on 3 June, the next ECP policy decision on 5 June and the US non-farm payrolls on 6 June. From now until then is roughly four weeks less than a month.

Honeill, peeterwoolf -Actually I was curious what csc2009 will say, but thanks anyway.

No pullback on EURUSD yet amazing strait down. Looks like “sell in May and go away” applies to this pair.

No, no pullback, I have my short position open at the moment.

Hi, sorry I didn’t answer you earlier, I have to say both of their answers are better than what I would say, but the concept is the same. I expect there would be no big surprise of this pair move down until the next ECP on June.

The pair has obviously flirted with the 1.37(xx) level and broken it before returning above it - only just…

Three hundred pips in a few days means that there certainly is a sell-off for the Euro… What we do not know is whether

it is all coming from ECB ‘QE’ speculation, or from technical levels (the 1.4000 level being too strong to break, historically),

or from some capital repatriation from periphery bonds (Italian and Spanish)… It could be a combination of these factors,

in which case there is a strong possibility that this is enough spark to light the fuel of de-leveraging of EUR/USD longs on

massive scale…all the way down to below 1.30(xx)…

Cheers.

Be careful because this recent price rejection on the 200 day moving average can push EURUSD back to 1.38.

Indeed, honeill… Also, the long-term trendline support is around 1.3700, and it has held in the last 24-48 hours…

EUR/USD is currently meandering around this price zone without any direction or drive, practically flat-lining…

A quiet trading day for other pairs too, it seems, in the absence of big news…

Thanks for the advice.

Hey there.
A small update on Eur/Usd.

Please see key notes on the picture:

As I mentioned on the picture:

• Impulse down is still developing (not finished yet). Its Wave Level reaches D1 already. Wave Level can easily grow even higher. Will be growing until particular conditions happen (AO d1 or FZR h1 up - please see picture).

Bad data as I was expecting today, USD is loosing ground again and the EURO going up back to 1.39:35:

I don’t know if EURUSD will have the strength to bounce from 1.37 level?

I don’t think this pair has the strength today, and tomorrow is Friday, so I’m not sure for tomorrow either.