European Football back in action!

And the Bundesliga is back! Watched a bit of Dortmund v Schalke, but stuck with RB Leipzig v Freiburg. Great game. Freiburg almost stole it at the end.

Game play was pretty good. The echo of an empty stadium was definitely noticeable, but it was cool to actually hear the players and coaching staff.

More games shortly!

And Bayern are back!

I really hope training and matches can be conducted safely.

This is pretty cool. I thought I heard this during a match.

The fake crowds were also super awesome.

The Dortmund sound guy is tops! Crowd cheering, chanting and even whistles when the opposing team is wasting time. Completely appropriate to the situation and timing is so on point. The local fans wouldnā€™t approve, and clubs wouldnā€™t survive without ticket and food sales, but this works for me.

Cool article about crowd noise.

I really wanted Dortmund to win Bundesliga, but it is going to be Bayern againā€¦

Huge Bayern fan, but also love Dortmund, their mindset, playing style, and obviously they have some of the best fans in the world. Miss their stadium antics. Amazing to see from a fan base.

EPL/Arsenal returns on 6/17. 3:15PM against MC. Set your clocks!

It is one of the best news that could have been in recent months, it will be a great way to pass the time to see what the outcome of the League will be like, which is completely interesting and in my opinion, Madrid should be the just champion.

Computer generated crowds and reactive crowd noise from EA Sports. La Liga is taking it up a notch!

Barcelona v AtlƩtico Madrid will be the game to watch I think for the season.

Just had a vision of the future - not only computer generated spectators - but also computer generated players - and we can all watch for a small fee of course :slight_smile:

1 Like

Competitive online Fifa tournaments?

Have a look.

Aye, had a look - but itā€™s not the real thing.

Know the way guys would travel on a bus - half the day to an away game, then maybe a pint or two, then itā€™s raining and head down walk to game.

Seats? - you must be joking - stands are called that for a reason - nudge over to get leaning on a rail - now thatā€™s luxury - what rain?

Throat sore, still raining, trudge back to the bus, boughed but not broken - it was 0-0 - we nicked a point - kept the bā€™s from getting top.

Now tell that to a computer programmer :slight_smile:

Sounds lovely! Sounds like the real deal!

1 Like

Arsenal have had a dismal first two games, to say the least, and now the tennis world is rocked by theDjokovic news. Cā€™mon sports, need some good news.

https://news.yahoo.com/another-player-tests-positive-virus-085636073.html

This will hopefully not impact future tennis events, especially the US Open thatā€™s supposed to announce itā€™s schedule very soon.

Iā€™ve ā€œtaken a kneeā€ for British football.

1 Like

LFC champs. Congrats! And some small thanks go to Chelsea of all teams for securing an early end to the season.

So the Bundesliga is no more. Bayern with a resounding win! Some good action in the remaining CL and EL spots.

EPL goes on for another couple weeks, and weā€™ll see if Arsenal can put a run together. Theyā€™ve got 3-4 tough games still, so the odds are not in their favor.

CL draws in 10 days, and then games start back in August, with quarters, semis and final all in the same month.

Sheffield, Everton and Arsenal in the next 11 days. Borunemouth fighting to stay up. Should be interesting! GL.