EURUSD monthly

What can we expect in Dec of 2010.?

1.32 on E/U monthly? I don’t think so. A long trade up to bout 1.38 is a better bet but I won’t take it since price is already about 150 higher than my ideal entry.

the mods do tend to stay on top of things. :slight_smile:

Refreshing to see someone using the longer TF’s as part of their strat instead of the usual suspects (15m, 1h and 4h TF’s). :slight_smile:

My read is monthly TF is trending up, weekly down and daily up. So short term (next few days) E/U is likely to go higher (certainly the direction I will be trading in any event). But I agree 1.33/ 1.32 is likely over the next week or two. However, given the Bulls currently have control of the monthly TF, I don’t see price going any lower before another significant retrace.

Well see. :slight_smile:

I don;t think much will happen this week due to Thanksgiving but I’m aiming for EU down on the Daily Charts sometime soon. Dollar index and EU have turned on a longer TF and euro debt talk is coming back into the market. So basically, I’ll be selling any rallies.

So you’ve heard about Irelands new pending bailout… what is it now 45-90 billion? And Spain talking up up its knife edge economy. LOL

I see a resistance / support at about 1.33

That would be support Mike… how many you had tonight? LOL

Me too… 1.33 but off the daily or higher whats 100 pips between friends. :smiley:

support in march, resistance in august. support again probably.

only one Yeungling so far, can’t get ESB here that I know of. A Guinness would be better but you can’t get it on Sunday. That’s why I’m so smart, I keep drinking those Genius beers ! LOL

1.33 = USDX .80
The connected money flows on the USD short side will eat you for breakfast.

EUR/USD currently at 1.3722 in interbank trade.

Guiness… PAH! Fullers ESB… got a special on 4 cans for £4… bargain… its normally £5.86. Got several cases in. :D:D:D

LOL… I’ll certainly take that under advisement… interbank huh! Obviously out of my comfort zone. :wink:

Paulaner Oktoberfest. mmmmmm

And for desert, a Grand Teton Brewing Co. Black Cauldron Stout.

1.38 is the daily resistance, should be good for about 100 pips.
Not going long unless we get above that 2 days ina row.

I’m long EU at 1.368 targeting around 40 pips. Would set my TP higher but not going to be able the check the charts today so this is what I call
(scalping the daily time frame) LOL

I don’t really like the looks of EU on the weekly or monthly time frames but it looks ok for a little daily move.

break 1.3480 and timber.

TalonD, sorry to use this as a learning point for newbies, but it struck me reading this thread how quickly Forex can change. You went long on EUR/USD yesterday lunchtime at 1.3680, for which you had good reason at that time based on your own research. I went short on EUR/USD yesterday evening (GMT) at 1.3602, with a target of 140 pips, based on my research. I do not know how your trade played out, mine is going well currently, but the point I am trying to make, one that I feel is sometimes not made often or forcefully enough on here, is that the Forex market can change around very quickly. Often newer traders come on here asking about expected price movement, when actually the answer to that sort of question is a movable feast, in that it can change so quickly that all one can really do is one’s own analysis at the time one is looking to enter a trade.

From reading TalonD’s posts on here, I feel I can say that we are both experienced traders, yet we made a different call on the future movement of a Major pair within hours of one another. Apologies for hijacking the thread with this, but I thought that that was a point worth highlighting.

He went long at the gap fill, not such a bad trade and it got a little bounce but euro is in a down cycle at the moment so as soon as it broke this trendline, signal for further downside. You have to pick your direction and go with it I’m afraid :slight_smile:

I do see a W forming. Lows at 1.34xx and high at 1.42xx.

Fundamentally I’d expect the eur go lower, but technicals more often than not beat fundamentals. :stuck_out_tongue:

Indeed, that is the point that I am making, that it is often impossible to give a definitive opinion on any given day on whether it is better to go long or short on a given pair, as this depends on specific timing and the strategy in play.

and the trader…a trader might trade 1 market and give an opinion but they can maneuvre in and out of other markets at the same time.
So, what are we doing on the forum again? :wink:

Oh…USDCHF looks to have turned too, am buying any retraces on that. I’m quite heavily long the dollar at the moment but with most trades at be.