EURUSD monthly

You could certainly draw a nice trendline on the 240 to support that, but the trendline from the Daily still disagrees with it, and other signals are a bit mixed, so personally I would not enter there, as I prefer to take higher probability setups. But I can certainly see the point, could well happen, my short trade is currently 119 pips up, but trailed my Stop down to lock in 90 pips as I agree that there is a moderate chance of a bounce to support your trade.

Price has just broken south through the trendline on the 240, so my bias would still be short for now.

PA is at or around the lower trendline as I’ve drawn it on my daily chart (1.3230) it has my permission to stop right there! :smiley:

Ahhhhh, what a nice “short” today, let it ride with 20 pips TS.:slight_smile:

Personally, I think (and I try not to think too hard) that we’re in a 3 to 4 hundred pip range play for another couple of weeks. The thin market is sort of skewing things a bit.

Be interesting to see how this shakes out after the new year.

And I’m long E/CH. A nice bounce there off the new historic low. I like my chances for a longer term coupla day play there…

another 1/3rd off euro and cable here, expecting a turn like RC, only thing to consider is Greek riots and downgrades - how do you like them fundamentals :slight_smile:

I fully expect a leak of further QE next week to bring it back up!

Seems to be a good crowd of Euro people in this thread now - good for analysis. :smiley:

Oh no, this was a bot bummer. My indi message “no trade” was right. :mad:

Well, another game to come with another chance, lol. Congrats for all you who made profits short and quick, lol! :slight_smile:

HI,

I have short for 5 pip trgt and 5 pip SL trgt,

Any scalper here…

EUR/USD: -10,000 @1.321980

On 4h TF and up. :confused: I believe [B]TalonD[/B] ‘scalps’ the daily TF as he calls it, but I suspect rather more pips in mind. :smiley:

Took Profit 3$ AS Tick chart is also dead …

I think we’re all waiting on the Monthly chart to show that magic setup so we can take 5 pips.

Good morning San. :slight_smile: Hey I’m up 6.7 pips from my daily long of 1.3223 of last night… it works! :smiley:

My short of a couple of days ago is currently 140 pips up, wondering if it will break through the 1.3200 mark or just bounce back up. Have trailed my Stop just in case…

Personally, I have left a 1/3rd of my short open in the hopes of 1/3 and below but for the moment I don;t care what happens to that 1/3rd so I have left it 2-300 pips of room to wiggle about. It doesn’t look like a strong bounce at the moment but is definitely a bounce area.
Took a long on USDJPY at 83, got stopped out at 82.90 and now look at it! Bit gutted about that one as my stop placement was too tight but hey…

Yes, bit of a wait and see on EUR/USD. I have my 1% locked in so am relaxed like you. The time of year won’t be helping the choppiness. Sorry about USD/JPY - that intake of market breath before the big move can be a bugger if it touches your Stop. I lost a trade in similar fashion by two pips last week, sigh…

Nice trade. I took 50 out of a TL break from 3290 NY session yesterday. Flat now.

3180 looking likely for the bottom shelf of this range and I have 3260 holding resistance on that little 80pip sub range. Bigger picture I’m looking at 33 & 34 to keep things bouncing between the lines.

Thank you. Yes, I went short at 1.3364 based on a downward trendline on the Daily, but there is also an upward trendline (last swing low was around 1st December) on which price is currently sitting. It will either hold or break, if it holds then it will hit my trailed Stop, but if it breaks I agree with you, the move has more to give.

Nice work on the 50 pips yesterday, that sort of number serves you very well over the year and you don’t have the trade open overnight, which can be better for the sleep pattern!

If it can;t close above 3260 on a daily basis, then the next stop is somewhere down by 3110, as you say, this area is a bit choppy though as it seems like it is a short term accepted price for the buyers and sellers.

Slightly off topic but still with the Euro. I notice EUR/CHF has taken a double dip off the monthly of its historic low. One to watch next year! :smiley:

I’m tempted to go long off the weekly or daily in January and exit only on the retraces for a LONGER term trading strat, could amount to mid four figure pips next year. :slight_smile:

Up 70 At the moment;)