EURUSD monthly

Plus I have a greeeeeeenish arrow on the hour chart. Plus one of my bots is going with me. Oh my god! :51:

Hey guys!

I see there isn’t much liquidity at current time when i’m typing this. Is it because the NY sessions heads of to lucnh or is it some other cause… Do even lunchbreaks affect the liquadity of the forex market significantly?

Has it been like this all day or is it just now?

/Oasis

It’s a UK and US holiday today so the markets have been mostly flatlined all day.

Thank you…

Where do you get information like this, is there some sort of calendar ?

Forex Calendar: Economic Calendar for FX Trading News & Event Risk

Forex Calendar @ Forex Factory

Personally prefer the second one but either is fine.

Hello TalonD. U c? Lucky numbers work. It was the x.xx563 with pipette, lol.

Plus my bot went profitable today. A huge [B]drumroll(!)[/B] 50 cents deal, lol. :53:

Dont know what you mean by lucky numbers. but… here’s something I’m looking at.

I’m just kidding a little. :wink:

Regarding your chart: I’m long already.

Reasons: Price did not hit the sl of my bot trade in two months. My observation with many trades is that if your sl did not get hit quick there is a better than 50:50 chance it will never get hit. I must say that this bot is not for real trading directly. As it trades on the daily I just use the backtest to look when to enter and to exit. Because on the daily I have enough time to do that by hand. It’s still in the trade in backtest. So, I just looked for a new entry. I guess that’s a good time right now with not much risk and a nice chance.

The key observation regarding my puzzle above is: This is a gigantic W formation. Gigantic, because it’s on the monthly. You can see that in your chart as well. Yes, its not a W at the bottom. Anyways, there are other reasons.

Another reason why I guess there is a good chance it will go up is that channel I have drawn. The upper channel is above the 149xx where the high was. So, I gues it will test that tl on top again soon. Then there is that 1% more interest. The monthly candle is not an engulfing so far. Don’t know if that will happen the last days, but nfp is Friday and that is already June.

Then, the usdx bounced at it’s trendline to the south last week. Mr. Geithner is in panic to get approved that he can increase the debt limit of 15 trillion dollars. That says it all. The US is going to make more debt. Even if the gop is not easily going to approve that in congress they probably will. We are talking about politicians.

Well, there are other reasons as well. Just to mention the most counting to me. I do not say it must go up, but I guess the chance is after my math at around 70:30. It could also take a little time. If it will go up I would say the last weeks and now might be some bottoming.

Key levels are still 14350/14450. Not to the last pip calculated. If it’s going beyond those levels, the way up is free. If it breaks the above channel line, that would be a sign for a rocket to da moon! I do not expect this to last for long. But that’s not needed anyway.

Happy trading! :slight_smile:

Moving up, I am not long yet ( already made couple hundred pips trading countertrend :smiley: ) as soon as 1.4360 (50DMA) is broken i will enter on a retest :slight_smile:

Oops. That’s more than 50 cents now, lol.

No. Less. Just 42 cents rollover, lol. :smiley:

Just kidding. Who did say trading has nothing to do with rocket science? LOL!

Well, nice ride so far. I am out now. I guess it needs a little tanking.

If I look at the weekly candles, it broke now all the closes after the drop from 149. This thing goes higher!

Good morning fellas!

Germany has announced that they’ll cut nuclear power to 2022. They want to create incentives for engineers to create new more efficient and more environmental friendly energy solutions.

This is interesting news since the powergrids through out Europe are interlinked with each other and the price on electricity may rise in the near future.

Germany to cut power use 10 pct by 2020 - document | Reuters

How do you think this will affect the EUR in the long run and in the short term?

This should probably be in the ‘quotes’ thread but…
A country can make anouncments? I thought only people could do that? So who did that? Politicians I suppose?

“politicians are idiots. Engineers can’t break the law of thermodynamics.”

Just politians babble. Don’t believe one word! LOL!

Right now if ppl say nuclear power could be stubstitued by whatever “new energy” that’s a hype without any serious backing. You can’t do that right now. It’s that simple. And even if Germany would stop all nuclear plants they would have to import nuclear energy from France and other neighbors. For the EUR this has no effect in value. Calling about substance. I don’t know what the herd is doing in advance, though. Almost not, lol. If they become hysteric like in Germany after that nuclear issue in Japan, you can see they can run around in panic and trying to cut all power off, moving back in caves, lol.

Just look then at the year. That’s 9 years ahead now. Those politicians who babble now will brobably not babble in the next election term, lol.

I am riding this pair to the upside! :slight_smile: TP at 1.4500

With the move today a bottom has been set at 1.3970

Please be careful. I [U]guess[/U] it will go up and I also [U]guess[/U] you are right with that bottom, but there is a diffence between the daily/monthy and the intraday charts. A move up straight without setbacks is less probable than a move with setbacks. We are at an upper tl of this small up channel right now.

Long term (or should I say medium term, lol?) I see this going up as well. And then way farther than 145, lol.

Greece deb issues are:

around 300e9

US debt issues are:

around 15e12

Just to show the relation. LOL!

However, we will have setbacks short term. Like that from 149 to 139. A whopping 1k pips.

Happy trading.

I’m still out for the week but short term intraday EU is up GU is down and being highly correlated pairs they have to meet somewhere. Either EU has to go down or GU has to go up or a combination of both.

I already locked in profits, 1.45 is TP#1, 1.4630 TP#2, 1.4750 TP#3

Thumb up!

I see that like TalonD. The latter case most probable.