EURUSD monthly

Think this is long, you should take a look at the euro thread on FF…

That thing makes Tolstoy look like a short story writer.

I can not make up my mind regarding the bias for next week… although looking bullish with the 4H divergence and PA, didn’t like the fact weekly close is below 1.4320 (H&S neckline)

I feel like shorting with tight stops :eek:

I guess a break above 1.4400 will bring back the possibility of 1.4700

What will be your bias with the end of QE2?

My overall bias is still short.
But that doesn’t mean I wont take a long if it offers me one.

Just trade the levels as it ticks through them and don’t over think it.

The only real news next week is the FOMC. The daily Greek updates may play a small role, but more likely we are ranging for a while longer.

EURUSD vs USDX Monthly
blue = USDX
red = EURUSD

The rumblings are in a crescendo…

How to profit from the coming Greek default Matthew Lynn’s London Eye - MarketWatch

Hello. Big noob here. I keep finding myself getting caught up in all the long term fundamentals. I’m then thinking, do I really need all this info to make my 10-20 pips? I can’ t seem to align my thinking. How deep do you need to go for hourly intraday trading?

Thinking you can make sense of the fundamentals enough to profit is a dead end street.

Play the levels. This is a “now” game, so take what it gives according to your setup, and don’t overthink it.

Thanks for that. I’m trying my best to stick to S+R levels, trends, psych levels, fibs and not much else. The human brain seems to be easily distracted though.

I really don’t agree with that Mathew Lynn guy, the whole of Europe is not going to dump the Euro just because of Greece. What seems to be overlooked is that The Euro is part of a still uncompleted plan to unite Europe in stages, that really got off the ground over 40 years ago with the formation of the European common market in the early 70s, together with decimalization to create a common system of measures, weights and currency, then later the formation of the European Parliment, and the European central bank etc etc this whole bringing together of the individual European countries has been a huge undertaking, and I have a hard time believing they are about to let it fall apart just because some of the minor countries cant manage their finances properly.

If I add the EURX to the chart I posted earlier you can see clearly even though it has devalued since the recession and the Greece problems, the Euro is still flying high in comparison to the USD.
I am assuming it is valid to compare the USDX and EURX on the same chart in this way ?

EURUSD vs USDX vs EURX Monthly
yellow= EURX
blue = USDX
red = EURUSD

I think also if you put it in perspective, the EU has been pretty soft on Greece, giving them aid packages etc, I think long before there is even a remote possibilty of Europe abandoning the Euro, you will the stronger nations, led by Germany and France kicking out the weaker ones who cant meet their obligations under the EU fiscal policies.

Good afternoon folks! :slight_smile:

If you don’t know what to do, do nothing. :wink:

Eurusd is still bullish on w/m. Indifferent on d charts. Slightly bearish on H4 and bullish below. I don’t know why anybody would interpret that as short in a monthly thread. But well, that’s not my problem. I focus right now on the next entry.

Facts:

Greece is a nice country. I was there one time for vacation I remember one lunch like it was yesterday. Because it was GREAT!

14350 was/is a strong restistance. Same with 14450.

H4 has a up bending bear channel.

Eur on H4 is the sucker of last week. Undervalued. D1 is so so. Price still above ema100/200.

My opinion: It will go down a bit and then go up. Ha ha, the question of the week is how low will it go and how high after. :smiley:

Should it go up and break that resistance before going low, I’ll maybe try to trade the breakout with low risk. Not sure yet.

Great pips to everybody! :slight_smile:

Intraday is almost noise, regarding fundamentals. Some even say the daily chart is noisy. Fundis work best on w/m or longer charts.

10 pips is nothing. Pure luck. Maybe a scalper would complain now, lol. :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, maybe 10 pips is something at quiet times, lol.

So? Any ideas on how EURUSD will go this week?

a bit of cable run:
FOREXBENCH :: ultimate forex signals hub
Maybe someone wants to use it’s signals…

I think BC is about right now… its very early into the up coming week. At this moment PA is slightly bearish on the 4h. But my 10 cents says well see a bigger move up than down for tomorrow. Like wise with GU, which is my personal favourite of the two for a long early this week.

Too scalpy for my tastes… I took just two trades last week, one on EU and one on GU for 296 and 176 points respectively.

Okay, what I can see now it could go down to 14180-142 around (tl H4). Then up, [B]if[/B] that tl holds. Or it could bounce off the pp. We’ll see …

I agree with Buck and R Carter, fundamentals work o.k. on weekly/monthly time frames.

Weekly/Monthly pivot levels work beautifully for a fundamental swing trader. Too wide for my taste but then again, my last 1,000 pip run has been a while and that felt really good, and sort of lucky too :wink:

Good afternoon folks.

Hey Ross, nice to see you around. :slight_smile:

Seems like our prognosis was not completely wrong. Plus RC made a nice call with that 143 target.

Made 22 pips now in a minute, scalping on M1. That’s fun, lol. But not that 1k pips. Plus I missed that move from downtown to uptown today. I must look whats going on now before any decision for today. No more news coming out today.

H4 is now transforming into a sideways channel …

buckscoder would be great you upload photos about your prognosis when you can

Sry, I have too many of them to all upload all the time. Plus I do more experiment right now, so that’s not a warranty to make profit. :wink:

I suggest you let your chart software draw some emas (10,20,50,…) on all tfs and draw some tls by hand. Then you will probably get the most basic stuff what I get as well. Bias of all tfs and sort of stop/target ideas. :slight_smile: