EURUSD monthly

Yea saw that one coming but now likely to go back down to 1.3046’ish if my read is correct? Well see. :slight_smile:

This is a little looking like a trend channel break to the upper side, if it closes there today.

Could possibly have been this : Wall St rallies on data, euro strength | Reuters

Volcker getting the blues about the dollar : Volcker Says Waning U.S. Influence Endangers Dollar (Update1) - Bloomberg.com

Yep - after checking around after the event it seems it was actually after Reuters reported that the U.S. was giving the go-ahead to a IMF mediated rescue of Europe. EUR/USD (and everything else) went through the roof. Then the WSJ later posts a story about how the U.S. won’t contribute more money to an increased IMF European Rescue Fund. EUR/USD plummets 70+ pips. Just shows how twitchy this market is right now. Seizing on anything.

Looks like it doesn’t it. The 4h TF crossed over 21:00 EST yesterday. Don’t see PA going much below 1.311 before it takes off again. Deff leaning towards a long daily Thursday candle.

Sry, I don’t get what you mean. Do you have a chart? Right now it crossed my drawn channel upper side tl to the top. So, it’s broken on the H4 and D1.

Not to say it would be an outer channel break. It has still a bit to go to 1.32 something. Anyways, if that would get broken, this could suggest a huge rebound.

There is my nose and a repeating bear market move with the same old news about pigs in one year makes no sense to me. If the market would go up now in a strong move, I would probably hear all the stops popping on the way. A nice stark move with 300 pips in a few minutes or so like it develops a few times. :wink:

Hi, here are some of my battle lines…

This is my monthyl. Upper tl if drawn precisely not even touched and still a gap of around 200 pips.

I don’t know if this will work… computer crashed a few days ago and had to reinstall windows but not yet installed office pro so using works. :slight_smile: Might need to expand to 200%?

The white line is a dynamic ‘trend line’. You can see on the 4h PA crossed it yesterday and it looks good for a cross on the daily.

EDIT: Pretty poor image. :smiley: Anyways my short closed out at plus 50 and now long at 1.3111.

Mr. Carter, sry too small. I have only my netbook now. I can try tomorrow then at my big screen. Thank you anyways! :slight_smile:

PM your email and I’ll send over a much better pic. :smiley:

Crazy day has my setups all kinds of screwed up.

This may be a bit more stalwart up move than first anticipated. Looking long, but ain’t gonna bet the farm…

Have a short from a couple of days ago I’m getting a little uneasy about. I want to close it, but I’m thinking it’s about to take another dip after this little rally.

For the moment I’m still bearish this pair, next possible short would be around 1.3215. The calendar today has potential market movers at 1.30gmt.

I like the look of 1.3280 myself for a go at a short. On the 4H charts it was the 38.2% retracement on the first leg down from 1.4227 that held. The second leg down after that was pretty much a 100% extension of the first leg and the 38.2% retracement of the second leg comes in a 1.3280. News events later make anything possible though I suppose.

What about a short off 1.320 to 1.315. Then long to 1.3280? :smiley:

EDIT: Then short. :smiley:

You can watch live…ish here: -

So what we doing tonight guys? :slight_smile: I’m short at 1.3227 and see an exit around 1.3182.

Next move?

Well I guess I walked into that one. :smiley: I meant Asian… London/ New York. :stuck_out_tongue:

I notice your using ICH. Correct me if I’m wrong but doesn’t at least half a move occur before it triggers a buy/ sell? By which time your into a ‘whipsaw’? Took a long hard look at that years ago and its not for me.

Abc… Elliott wave theory? Better odds. :slight_smile:

EDIT: Not that I’m a fan of Elliott either unless your playing the long game.