EURUSD monthly

Nights before the NFP generally seem to drift along like Lindsay Lohan leaving an after hours party.

Directionally impaired…

Asian (the time not the girls… LOL… gonna get killed for that outstanding lack of PC. :D) seems to drift along… but generally is complient. :slight_smile:

News… don’t play that game. :slight_smile: Better to see where it goes and bottoms out/ tops… and act accordingly.

Do I hear some stops popping?

LOL… short at 1.34.

Target how many pips away?

My bot opened also a short order. Just contest money, lol.

Next week might become a decision week for eurusd.

I’m short from 1.3370, SL 1.35ish
TP1 1.32
TP2 1.3
TP3 1.28
suspect if this doesn;t get stopped out it will take a few weeks.

My long term and very accurate indi switched to bullish now. So, it indicates a range or switch to bull market for the next week(s).

I’m happy to let this one run over the weekend… looking to the daily, median across the high low is 1.327 but I’d be happy with 1.33. :slight_smile:

It certainly is in the middle, those of you who like to do this might have already played both ways :slight_smile:
Long from the 50 fib on the Daily at 1.3050 and short from the Daily fib at 1.34, 1.337 :wink:

I do this just for fun. :slight_smile:

Let only my bots trade with real money. What they do is completely independent from any of my crazy opinions, lol.

Very likely that it goes down to that price. This seems to be a battle zone now and those battle zones can become very volatile.

You all have a nice weekend! :slight_smile:

Hmm, I see a hammer on the weekly forming. I expect a gap on Monday. Price moving upwards.

chart is updated for Dec,2010.

yeah it may pss 1.35 i guess

Fed announces possibility of QE3 - more games being played - that changes the fundamental outlook somewhat…and then more Eurozone news next week.
This is a difficult market for swing trading - I am quite glad I am long and short from different levels.

Yep, more games being played alright. The “Bernanke Put” continues. Sunday night / Monday morning should be an interesting day once the rest of the world gets to trade off that piece of news that came out late Friday. I’m glad I stepped out of my short EUR/USD on Friday afternoon. QE to infinity to fake pump the stock markets up to “acceptable levels”, drive the dollar down and export inflation to the emerging markets and in particular China. Good times.

I’m glad we can still hedge San… I know almost all will say its pointless… just exit, etc. But this of course is dependant on when you can be in front of the monitors and for how long your away, etc.

When is the optimal exit on a longer trade re a shorter? All dependant on a ranging or trending market. I am short off the weekly at 1.411 and long off the daily at 1.30 and playing silly buggers on 4h. :smiley: So I’ve locked in the profit off the weekly trade and effectively hedged against a daily ‘counter trend’ trade. Why not simply exit the weekly and go long I hear all ask. LOL

Two reasons. One the daily long was a ‘counter trend’ trade. Never really a good idea. But by taking it I locked in my profit off the longer weekly trade. If price had continued further south, all I would have lost is future profit ‘vertual pips’ lol. But had it risen as it did I’d have lost ‘real’ pips.

Secondly, I’m a compulsive obsessive and need to be in the game rather than sitting on my hands waiting for a set up! LOL

EDIT: Were at that point now where I’ll either close out the weekly or the daily. Can’t decide yet. PA is at or thereabouts the hi trendline for a retrace or breakout? For any who don’t know what I’m referring to. Pull up a daily chart and draw a line from the high at 1.4280 to current price. See the three peaks/ highs? Got a 4h short running from 1.34. A round number (psychological) will probably retrace some… thinking around 1.33 and then some. Before a possible push up to around 1.35.

on that daily it looks like it’s in a nosebleed high, I’d exit the long and go short getting in line with the weekly, however on the monthly looks to me like still some room to go up… not a lot though…

There was a thread about hedging recently. Some where adamantly against it insisting that you are simply canceling one trade with another. But you can have two opposite trades and they can both end in profit.

Hi Mike!

Seems weve found a new home for the terminally deranged longer TF traders! :smiley: And I thought all BP’s were 5m & 15m merchants! LOL

Looking to the daily, I think your right… its pretty over stretched! The weekly… hmm… there’s room for an up to the 1.35 area. But lower I think first. :slight_smile:

EDIT: Love this thread… were into the big boys game! :smiley:

Well good morning,

I hope I’m included in this ‘terminally deranged’ club!!! LOL!!!

I’ve nothing to add (given that you kow how I trade) but I would like to just add this:

Hedging, the way YOU guys are utilising the ‘privilege’, does INDEED have a place. Most of those ‘negative’ threads that cover the topic of hedging are really for the new trader who, after finding that he/she was wrong on a trade, will hedge the position hoping to preserve margin (or as is normally the case avoid a margin call), limit the loss on the original trade, hope to make a profit on the hedge, then close the hedge out, and hope to make a profit on the original trade as well. The point is that if you don’t know what you’re doing this will inevitably ‘lead to tears’. I think that was the point of most of those threads anyway.

Anyway: I cannot tell you when to short it or when to go long but I’ll certainly post (just for fun that is) when one of my trading systems gives me a signal!!! LOL!!!

Regards,

Dale.

Edit:

But yes: nice thread!!!