EURUSD monthly

theres rumor that finland is considering to leave from euro zone .

Sell the rumor, buy the facts. :stuck_out_tongue:

Time was worth not to trade. Now I have a new system and will trade that. Backtested for 2 years. 100% and more roi a year and dd is only 15%. :slight_smile:

One trade a day. Albeit not every day.

Good work BC thats a nice backtest result.
Edit: you gonna drop us any hints to what its based on ? lol

[B]SDC[/B]… bots and more bots! Soooo… where we at? Not even looking under 8h/daily. Looks bear to me? I’ll look see London? Like the longer TF’s found out I actually had 12 kids and a long lost wife? LOL!!!

EDIT: Looks like London is a long, I’m in at 1.4015.

Good afternoon folks.

SDC, thank you! :slight_smile:

Ok, one hint: It need not any one indicator. Just raw pa. It could even work with point and figure “charts”, lol. Frankly, it’s based on something like that. As I know you can code, it maybe gives you some ideas what to check. I would never reveal such strats. That would just lead to spikes on charts, lol. Ppl who know what they are doing and have some knowledge can invent bots for themself and I am sure you can do that, SDC. Frankly, it’s definitely no rocket science. Just look for the best realistic gain with the smallest drawdown and a nice looking equity chart without overfitting.

No RC, I don’t let it run as bot. I just coded the bot that I have something for my backtest. One trade a day I can for sure trade by hand. So, I did at first code the bot, then coded a nice indi for me which gives me a signal. The point is, I have one broker where MT4 is not running. There is a bridge software, but frankly I do not trust too complicated solutions. So, I searched for a strat which is nice to trade by hand and now I guess I found something. I will also look for other things while trading that strat by hand to maybe improve the results a bit. Though, I have to be careful to change something like that. My other bots are running at another broker and completely seperated. Never put all eggs in one nest. If I have more money later for trading then I can switch the broker and be more picky and let the new bot run.

Well, regarding overlook of the eurusd, we have scrambled signals until D1. If the price doesn’t make it to break any serious key resistance around 145 then I guess it will tank more in the middle term. Short term maybe worth to trade some longs. Today I am out. We have already the atr reached before nyo.

H4 til D1 now eurusd is the loser of the week. On D1 with the gbp.

I never expected you to reveal your strat I know your smarter than that lol
Sounds interesting though I hope it works for you.
l decided the hourly looked a little bullish last night so i went long at 1.4001 and woke up to 100+ pips which is always a good way to start the day especially as I stayed out of it for most of last week and missed the big 500 pip short

Thanks SDC. Yea, we’ll see if it works. I hope so, lol.

Congrats to your pips! Yea, looked a little oversold yesterday. Then we have that strong support at 138ish around …

I missed that 500 pips as well, albeit I was thinking going short. Anyways, in hindsight it’s always easy …

Thanks BC yeah aint that the truth about hindsight lol.
I’m not sure what to make of the PA at the moment I want to say its still ranging in the same 1.4 - 1.7 area that its been at for past few months especially after that strong rejection of 1.38 yesterday, if that is correct i would expect to see some more gains before the bears slam dunk it again.

Having said that I’m going to do some reading about Eliiot waves thats one thing I never really looked into, do those three peaks since march on the daily qualify as elliot waves ?

did you see Bernanke’s testimony??

Ron Paul: "Is Gold Money?"
Bernanke: "No"
Ron Paul: "Why do central banks hold gold?"
Bernanke: “it’s an asset”.
Ron Paul: "Why doesn’t the Fed hold diamonds?"
Bernanke: “Tradition”

OMG… unbelievable this guy is the Chairman of the FED

I dont understand what happened with the whole gold vs money thing, it used to be a fact that the fed held gold to back up the dollar, so for every dollar printed there was a dollars worth of gold to secure its value. I recently read somewhere the value of gold would now have to be over $30,000 per ounce for the amount held by the fed to cover the amount of currency we have.

SDC, the buck is not backed any more by gold. They cut that relationship in the seventies, if I recall that right. So, a dollar note is just like a paper bill. Even the swiss franc is not backed by gold anymore. So, I am a little surprised that capital is fleeing in there.

Ron Paul just made Heli Ben look like clueless clown…

Hello,
Can some one explain why gold, not diamonds or oil, or silver, or any other hard commodity. You cant print any of those and all of them have real value so what other reason than tradition to hold gold? Thank god i am not Ben because i also find hard to answer that :slight_smile:

Beside of that it is not printable, it has some other values which makes it a good choice for money:

It is undestroyable. Even silver can oxidate. Oil, hm, that can oxidate as well. Diamonds are difficult to estimate what value them have. As far as I know.

Gold is also very shiny, so thats for the psycho aspect. It can be formed easily into coins, which would be hard with oil and diamonds. Silver, beside of it will oxidate, has been used for money for long, btw. Even now it’s outperforming gold a little.

So, a metal can be better used for making coins in any size or weight. Platinum has almost no history. It was just discovered a couple of decades ago as a byproduct. Gold just fits into all of those criterias what makes it a valuable money.

If you think about it, none of them has real value, they all are valuable only because everyone agrees they are, I guess this is why currency is no longer needed to be backed by gold, the dollar has value as long as everyone agrees it does even though realistically it is just a piece of paper as gold is just a piece of metal

Exactly.

The only problem is, even though everyone agrees the dollar has the value associated with it, it’s easy to make.

Make more? Worth less… And Ben has made aplenty this year.

Gold on the other hand is not so easy to make.
Ask the alchemists…

As for the euro, I’ve kinda ditched on it for a bit. Did really well with the run down, so I’m flat there. Should it hit 1.43 or so, I may entertain a short.

Kinda changed gears, and been watching the U/J closely. I’m sure the BOJ is too;)

And Heli Ben won’t stop. Look at the xau prices. Ath in usd and eur lately.

All the quick money makers of this forum didn’t make it to Geithners or Bens office to help him out. Too bad. Now what will the gop do? An arrangement. So, higher prices of xau and xag are just a matter of when, not if. We are just at the beginning of an ugly inflation bubble. M3 got confidential in 2006 btw. There is no need for it to be published, they said. :16:

What is value? everything has value…the value of gold comes from its scarcity and symbolism but also from its physical propierties, its use in industrial activities, etc it is non toxic … it is a noble metal…it is malleable and ductile…it is an excellent conductor of electricity… (Gold - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

But the most important characteristic is that it CAN NOT be produced out of thin air… so people can trust in its intrinsic value…

its supply CAN NOT be manipulated by any clown sitting at a central bank

in other words is the ultimate currency

But Ben says it’s not currency…

:stuck_out_tongue: