EURUSD monthly

i might buy around 1.4160 that area is the break level from the down trend line.

i hope the 50/100 crossover in the hourly, the up trendline and support at 1.4120 protect my trade…

watch that usdx before you do its on still on the up i beleive
edit: well anyway i gotta go out i think ill take my 75 pips and run looks like u could be right about the 160 level

I took the same Long yesterday, but didn’t fancy shorting it back again today - as you say, USDX etc put me off. The Long yesterday was much clearer, to my mind.

If it breaks 1.41’ish I sell… no signal yet on the 8h but 4h looks good… probable entry on the next opening candle?

On usdx it broke that tl from June 10, but now it went back inside the channel. Then we have since May this year this ranging sentiment in usdx. So that tl break for 2 consecutive days is maybe not really important.

Well, well, no trade today I go watching my xau bulls working, lol …

Confirmed entry short off the 4h @ 1.4166 on my set up.

RC how long do u intend to hold that short ? bailed out at 1.413 already ?

Daily pivot is currently 1.410. I’ll look see what PA does at that point if reached.

Longitude today. Supported with a signal. :slight_smile:

I dunno BC, its a typical Friday. PA has been bouncing in between mid high 20 ma on the 4h and the mid 20 ma on the 8h since london open. I’m still in short from yesterdays short enty and see no obvious reason to jump out at present.

Good afternoon RC!

Yea, I do not say anybody now should jump out of positions, lol. I am just doing what my new strat tells me. It all depends on my strat with specific targets, stops, etc. etc. I also do not know if this will become a winner. Backtest over last 2 years just shows 65% alike winners. This is not my best strat, where I have 85% winners. Anyways, it shows a profitable system. :wink:

If I look at the charts, we have a rather scrambled mixture today.

Typical Friday, but it’s an important point that I keep banging on about, when it’s scrambled as you say, it’s best to just leave it alone, wait until the picture becomes clearer.

With you there… 4h 20 ma is at 1.41 and slightly upturned. Closed out half my position on the last retrace to 1.4095. Will be looking for a close out around that again or maybe S2 (1.4075) on the daily pp.

If my system wouldn’t tell me anything, then I would go looking for xau bulls and stay away as well. But I trust the statistics. Well, probably I will learn something from those trades and even today to improve it a little. But I have to be careful. If you look at the backtest report which I posted anywhere above, it looks nice. Now, yesterday I improved it even a little. Same drawdown, less trades and larger roi. Plus the equity curve looks prettier. What did I do? I removed one part of the system. I have right now only two parameters for the whole system. The main part lies now in a genetic algo. Not much for curve fitting left. :wink:

Stress tests due out…I doubt anything bad seeing how loose they are but will see.
Anyways, got most of the move on the way up and am going to wait until next week for a clearer picture.

Had second thoughts given its Friday and fully closed out at 121 points from last night. Yeah the weeks been kind… nice down then up and today down. Look for 2.5 -5% a week… this week was a 5%!

I’m done for the week… I feel a long late lunch coming on with the great weather!

Hmm with my trade I do the following: I expect it to be a loser. If it becomes a loser there is no surprise. If if becomes a winner now then huiiiiii. :smiley:

On H4 the eur is still the loser of the week. Undervalued. On D1 as well. Not so bad there, but still undervalued.

Then some usd news were not really pretty. This wouldn’t be the first day where the move arises with a shift after a couple of hours …

Ok, no surprise today, lol. :smiley:

But it’s something good, because no trade open at the weekend.

Now I can go watching xau bulls …

You all have a nice weekend! :slight_smile:

Ok, I checked that now before weekend with

—snip—
&& DayOfWeek() != 5
—snap—

So, my new strat without trading Fridays. Didn’t change even a percent point in dd, but oh my roi went down more than 50%. So, Friday trading is the salt in the trading soup of this strat. The equity curve is still almost the same. So it’s not just Friday trading which delivers to the report.

Just fyi, my other bots with completely other strats have been tested by me also if they are better if I avoid specific days or use particular days. There was always the same effect. Just not the roi cutoff was that huge. Every day was on average the same perfomance and risk. So in conclusion, with all my now three bots/strats what I trade, there is no significant reason not to trade Fridays with those.

Nice pin bar in the weekly chart and rejection from MA’s and up trend line…next week I will be buying on a clear break above 1.4300 or around weekly support