Excess of anything is toxic

In our life, excess of anything is toxic. If we are greedy, we can never be happy and peaceful.
Similarly, in trading, if we take too many risks, then we are dead.
Ex: If we take one sleeping pill, then it won’t harm us. If we take 20 sleeping pills at one time, we are dead.
(Same in trading, we are dead if we take too many lot sizes the same day)

Sure, you are right. Everything has to be in balance and trading activity implies lots of balance in order not to seem so difficult as it might seem to new traders.
However, I can open 3-4 positions during a day and just monitor. It’s okay for me and I have never faced burning out or stuff like this. I check out the positions twice a day and by the end of the day I make a decision whether I close these positions or part of them, or it’s better to remain them opened up to other days.
It’s a part of my strategy and of course traders shouldn’t try to open as much positions as they can just because they believe that it will help them to bring lots of profits lol.

1 Like

You should know your barriers and stop when you feel it is good to come out from the trading. Do not go for more and more.

agree with your message.

Over trading has the potential to cause havoc on your mental health, trading, and performance. Better to trade moderately in confidence with patience.

I personally tried to find benefits and positive moment from trading as I understood that the more I would be stressful and the more I would be scared of trading, the less chances to reach success I would have… Everything depends on our approach to trading, yeah, sure, sometimes trading might seem as a real nightmare, especially when you don’t have enough knowledge and experience but this is the maing stage! If you will pass this stage everything will be much easier. The only thing you should do is to express the durability and never put your hands down.

Greed and overtrading is surely dangerous and lead to huge losses. This tendency later turns into an addiction and that can not only wipe out your capital but also lead to stress, anxiety and much more. We should follow a disciplined and professional approach as traders and never get engaged in emotional or impulsive trading.

The difference is nobody takes 20 sleeping pills because they are greedy.

Yeah, I totally agree with you. When trading, one should always keep their emotions under control.

True! Excess of anything is bad. Over trading only harms your trading performance & increases the chance of capital loss.

I completely agree with you on this.

1 Like

Access to anything is guaranteed to be harmful. If you continue to engage in a certain behaviour, you can expect negative consequences.

Hmmm, well maybe in many things this is true, but there again there are other things which I think it would be difficult to do or have to excess - and even if you do it would only be a good thing! :grinning:

Examples: Hope, persistence, love, caring for your family, helping others, contributing to Babypips… :rofl:

very deep and informative

Before you open your trading positions, make sure that you determine your exit points. Your goal must be to stick to your trading plan even if you feel that you are losing.

Trade with a peaceful mind brings peace to life, greed of earning more and more within a short period of time will bring stress, anxiety and insomnia which ultimately disturbs mind and distract focus from trading and you might lose more than what u can earn, So always trade in control.

1 Like

Overexposure to any one factor is detrimental. Possessing an excessive appetite for wealth is detrimental to one’s happiness. It’s best to maintain balance in all aspects of life, including trading.

Taking too many positions with big lot sizes is a major mistake which happens in the absence of risk management in trading. This leads to excess risk of loss and it is needless to say that the account drawdown will be quite huge when you lose your trades. Managing the risk and minimising potential losses is a must for profitable trading. So, we must limit our number of trades and follow a tight risk management policy.

Excess of anything makes us codependent, in order for ourselves to grow, it is important to have a balance in every aspect of not just trading, but also in general.

Excessive trading can cause anxiety. One should learn to find a balance between personal and trading life.