EXTRA! EXTRA! .....A Holy Grail that really works....YES this is THE Holy Grail!

First of all, let me tell you how sorry I am to lure you into this tread letting you believe you are going to find a Holy Grail of a system that would have pip’ed your computer to the moon and blown your accounts to heaven.
That is not going to happen here…or is it?And I’m not actually that sorry… Bare with me and hang on, it’s a lot to read but in the end I think you’ll gain on it. I know alot of you constant seek the Holy grail of a system that will make you wealthy without much effort. Many of you don’t even care to understand how this systems or EA’s work, you just want them to do the job for you. The truth is that there is no such thing as a free meal, not even in forex where the insane amount of money flows around every single day.
I am going to talk about a Holy Grail, but not in the way you might believed when you entered this tread. I just needed your attention to get here… and I think I’ve got it if you are still reading.

Let me tell you a little about me and my life so far... My name is Christian, 35 years young and I am from Norway. I'm an edjucated auto mechanic and I have a passion for old american classic cars. I even own a 57 Ford Fairlane which I treat as a baby. She's my pride.

Like many others I have always had the dream about achieve recognition, getting wealthy and live a life where money is no object no matter what.
After years and decades just sitting around for «the beautifull» day to happen I realized that the day will never come unless I make that day myself.
I’ve tried gambling,different MLM’s, regular jobs as an auto mechanic and many different other things. I’ve even wasted a lot of money in not so legit «games» as World Games Inc & The 5% community…thoose of you older than 30 might know what I’m talking about.
Nothing has ever brought me the wealthy life, cash has never rained over me and there has always been more bills than sheets on a roll of toiletpaper to pay. I struggled for years to understand why I didn’t get into the money no matter what I did. I felt that I did everything that I could…only to watch others succeed while I was stepping down with empty and twisted pockets…again and again.
It took me years to admit and understand that I had to be doing something wrong at some point.
And suddenly it appeared as an Holy grail. Not the one I’m gonna talk about here but more as an epiphany I realized that in everything I had ever tried I gave up to early… I was a quitter!
Thanks to my 57 Ford, the car of my dreams I discovered by rebuilding it that persistence was one of the most important properties to success. I spend 800 hours on that car, in ONE winter, between two summer seasons. Yes you did read that right, 800! hours in one winter. When I started the rebuild project I had NO idea it was going to be that comprehensive and I several times believed that the car would never see daylight as one whole car again. It was completly dismantled into bits and pieces and even my friends lost confidence in my project. It can’t be done that soon, it won’t be ready for springbreak etc was often spoken words when people dropped by to see my project. Well…the law of Jante became a turningpoint for me. I became so determent to get the car ready for springbreak and to prove everyone wrong that I worked nearly 18 hours a day with it, 7 days a week…I even told myself every day while working on the car - «If you don’t succeed on this one Mr. …you’re done, finito and a complete failure…for once in your life, DON’T QUIT!! And I didn’t… I kept on with a lot of blessing from my fiancee wich at this point was more or less left alone 18 hours a day with our newbourn kid. She knew how important this had become to me that she even served me food in the garage everyday so I didn’t have to leave my project at any time. (God knows I love her for that, and her patience and belief in me actually made me propose her to marry me and we are gettting married next year… I have to keep that one, she’s absolutly outstanding! )
The car got done just hours before springbreak, and the sight of peoples faces was priceless. I proved that what they said could’nt be done actually was possible. My car even got recognition trough a very popular automagazine and I recieved alot of credit for my car everywhere I turned.
After all that effort, all the times I wanted to quit but kept going made me incredible successfull. I realized that quitters never wins, and that winners never quit. I made my first success in life and it took me months to swallow all the credit and accept that I had earned it. I had pursuit success and credit for so many years that when I finally achieved it I was afraid of absorbing it…it was so unreal that I started to eject it. At a point, I didn’t even want to drive the car anywhere cause I was afraid of getting great comments and credit. This did actually become a great problem that I knew I had to overcome somehow and I did… I went to the worlds largest Car show for 4 days with my car and boy did it get attention! People and enthusiasts from all over the world praised my car. I was intimidated and at a point I couldn’t eject the credit anymore and I sat down for hours and cried and cried. My friends and others started to ask my fiancee what was wrong…if anyone died or something and she just answered: He’s a little overwhelmed with all the credit and trying to absorb a success greater than he could ever imagine. That was joyfully tears of success…
Then I understood that fear of success and what it brings is one of the great reasons people actually fails to even try to pursuit they’re dreams. They don’t know whats coming if they succeed. I achieved one of my greatest dreams, and the success was very hard to swallow…not because I didn’t earn it but because I didn’t know how to handle it.
From being average to successfull there was a lot to overcome, but when I finally did, it was pure pleasure all the way after that.
I could make this story much longer, but I’ll end it right here. I think you get the essence of it.

That was a little about me, and my first step towards success and wealth… Now, let me tell you about the Holy Grail I promised you earlier.

After my first success I was determent to take another look into, and this time acually make success with Forex. It had drawn my attention many times but I had approched it wrong and failed several times.
Know that I had realized that persistence was a very important teamplayer I faced Forex knowing that I would not double my accounts over the night. I promised myself to give it five years to become a successfull trader AND I was going to learn it step by step no matter what. I had tried to «gamble» my way trough Forex earlier and knew by personal knowledge that it was NOT the way to do it.
I like to think about Forex as a guitar. I know what a guitar looks like and it sounds beautiful when played right by someone who knows how to play.
Learning about forex is like learning how to play a guitar. Step by step you’ll learn by making one tone, and then another one over and over again. Then you learn how to play simple songs with just a few grip. It sounds awfull at first but with practise you get better and better. This is a one grip at the time prosess. After hours and hours of practising you will eventually learn more grips and add them into you repertoire. Before you know, you’ll play songs that you never thought that you would ever be able to play. And so on…you keep on, learning more and more.
The magic about a guitar, is that NO one will ever be able to play beautifull music unless they start learning the first grip and repeat it so many times that they could do that particular grip whit a blindfold and then move on to the next grip in line. Failure to shift grip and play the tones in the right composission will happen so many times that you wanna quit several times. By persistence and determination all the great guitarplayers in the world started out with just a guitar and not a single note in their repertoire… but they learn by never giving up, one grip at the time.

Now…Holy grails!
The internet is overloaded with them, and they all promis you a LOAD of cash in return! Go get them Tiger…I’m sorry I wasted your time here when you could be out there downloading the NEW SUPER EA fivethousandandaingbillion with guaranteed 12000% gain in less than 14 seconds!

…Not quite there huh?

Good, then I think what I’m going to tell you is about to sink in to your mind.

There is a Holy grail… I promise.

But it’s not out there to download or to copy into your system.

The only Holy grail that has ever existed lies within your mind and heart.
Sounds silly doesn’t it? …nothing to download…you just think…»man! …you just wasted my time, I thought you where the real deal and was about reveal the MOST HOLY **** EVER!»

Bear with me…

To succeed in Forex, you’ll have to know how to take a grip like on the guitar, and put it together with another grip and mess up all your charts with it…thats technical analysis. Your indicators are your grips…You know how to do that don’t you?
And the next thing that would be really smart is reading up/researching the news…sniff’em up Spicy and suck it in ya! Listen to the beautifull tones, they are going to make you rich!

So, the next thing you do? …You trade stupid! You do after all know the grips now, and you have listen to the great songs on the radio…so you play the guitar!
Now…what does it sound like?

A little sour isn’t it… you trade like you would play a guitar. Just because you know the grips and are able to listen to others compositions doesn’t mean that you are ready to do a consert. For all I know you are as tone deaf as a piece of wood.

It doesn’t matter how many indicators you use or how you read and trade the news unless your mind is tuned right.

So here…the HOLY **** IT’S A HOLY GRAIL!

Get your mind straight! Deal with your mental issues like your life depends on it. If you are to succeed in Forex, your money sure does depend on it, and your wealth too.

There is no shortcut to wealth and a ****load of money, stop chasing down the holy grail of free meals after one an another.
Understand that how you will handle Forex lies within you and nowhere else.

No charts, no indicators, no EA, no news will ever make you successfull beause you quit to early on your trades, you get bored when nothing happens, your lack of confiedense kills you when a trade goes 4 pips against you even though you have a SL at 1000 pips.

Have I mentioned the Holy grail yet? …NO

Would you like to guess? …or have you already…

Well, if not…

What is extremly important to do, which should be more important than stearing at charts all days, boils down to one simple matter.
MENTAL TRAINING.

There it is! … De Sangreal!

It all lies within your mind and heart.

I spend more time a day doing mental training than I actually do with Forex.
I work very hard to overcome all my mental issues so I can trade with confindence and patience.
I feed my subconscious with positive affirmations everyday before and after trading.

There are many ways to train your brain and some work better than others.
What works best for me might not do the trick for you but there is always a method for each and one that will work.

The only thing that you should do from here is to google mental training and take it from there.If you are smart enough you’ll google all the way into the darkest side of internet to get what you need if you have to. Find what suits you best and realize and understand that this is a very important part of becoming successfull in any part of life.

Oh…by the way…that’s actually not the Holy grail…sorry! But I had to “promise you” something to get you to read all the way to this point…if I told you it was work to be done…many of you would probably be out the door long time ago, back into your charts loosing more money and going insane…
I just showed you the door, now its up to you to unlock it with mental training and when you start to master your mind you will discover the Holy grail inside you and you will get stunned by the power you actually possess when your mind is in order.

And remember…no matter how hard it gets, how many times you loose your trades or make other mistakes in your life.

The golden rule nr. 1:

TO WIN THE GAME, JUST REMAIN IN THE GAME.
Failure is a path to success, so dont give up. Just keep moving on with a firm determination.

thank you scorpius! that was very motivation! i’m new to fx and can’t wait to get into the demo accounts!

Solid! I loved it mate. It was a great read and a must for new traders and pro’s alike xD. When I hit my million, I’m going to be sure to send you a check xD

Thank you, keep the check when your million is in your haven. Instead, have a beer in my name to celebrate and pass the story on to someone who needs it to overcome a mental issue :slight_smile:

Great story!! I am also into training my mind too and one of my favourite motivators, if I can call him that, is Eric Thomas. Lots of his motivational speeches on Youtube. My favourite quote from him is “If you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, you will be successful.” BTW now I listen to his speeches from my ipod as I am falling asleep.

How about make a beer in your name mate? lol. That sounds like a plan. Hope your trading is going great! When I first started, it took me over a year to break the mental issues I was having as a noob trader.

My trading is getting better and better for each and every day. A lot to overcome, but I take every loss as a failure on my path to success… May sound strange and pretty weird, but I actually enjoy my failures sometimes…they take me one step further :slight_smile:

That’s good news to my ears. I see only the upside in a loss. Each loss is me learning how to trade and I accept them as lessons to be learned from. Everyone says you have to accept losses and you are going to lose blah blah blah. that’s utter bull****, If i accepted my losses, then I would never improve my system and learn what the market is telling me. I strive for perfection and with my determination I am certain I will find it!

Keep trading mate, It takes a strong person to be able to take the beatings when we receive them.

Scorpius - I couldn’t agree more with you. The Holy Grail to Trading, Happiness, Success, Life and everything else is your own mind. Our minds are the most powerful things in the Universe - we can change the world with how we think. This is why people fail at anything (or indeed succeed at everything) - our minds create our realities and control our results. One of my favourite Trading Books ever is by Van Tharp, called Trading Beyond the Matrix. The book is about how personal psychology can work for you instead of against you. Trading is not about using the latest winning strategy or even following the most successful person’s strategy, it is about mastering yourself which is why trading is often so difficult to do succesfully on a continuous basis. It’s not that following a strategy or understanding indicators is hard (that’s the easy part), it’s knowing thyself and the Trading floor is one of the most expensive places on earth to find out who you really are. We’ve all done it: Sabataging our trades, moving stop losses when we swore we wouldn’t and not having a clear plan about what we will do and then sticking to it. This is why Trading Journals are so important. They map out what we want and how we want to do it and what our goals are and we lock in dates for our goals. We know when to get in and more importantly when to get out. If we stick to this then we are far more likely NOT to blow our accounts - the likelihood of our success is greatly increased. But, we don’t stick to the rules - we get on a high when we make a good return and risk more than our maximum percentage rules. It’s so easy to do. So, discipline your mind and the rest will follow. Good trading everyone.

Everything you said made me smile inside because I recognize that it is what I want as well as am going through. To hear about your process, written out so thoroughly was a great relief, it meant that I was not the only one facing these difficulties. I loved it when you said becoming successful at anything simply takes hard work and determination, that’s it.

I too have had hopes of striking it rich, becoming famous, gaining fame and recognition etc, etc, but it seems its only everyone else around me that is experiencing that, not me. Yet, in the things that I have committed to, I have succeed at it. So thanks for sharing my friend, it help made it easier for me to hear that it is “not just me” having these experiences in Forex, it takes the load of my consciousness. Good luck to you and to everyone else here who are bravely sojourning on this path of financial and personal freedom, for I do not see any difference between the two. Godspeed!

Totally True!!

“It all lies within your mind and heart.”

You know the markets, the fundamentals… are not your enemy. Your worst enemy lives inside your head…

That has got to be the best story I have ever heard! Love the CAR Man! Way cool! Fritz - US Arizona

Hi,
I really enjoyed reading your post. You are so very right, you have to believe and commit to succeeding otherwise you will fail.

Takes a lot of experience to get to that one line doesn’t it lol That’s how life works though.
Hope you make it!

absolutely…and permit me to add 1 more item to the list: the brokers.

Hi, I learned a vital lesson yesterday ( and lost loads of money) and it was because I did not have my head together and I refused to see what my indicators were telling me… I realised a while ago that forex does not always adhere to the ‘rules’ and is rather tricky and volatile, and so I started to trade indices as they are more consistent. One of my indicators is - on the hourly chart, if the 10 ma is above the 20ma and the macd is green or positive, then today the price will go up. Simple, but the price kept on dropping back with news and I sold - lost - sold - lost ! Thinking that the daily chart with 10ma below the 20 ma and red macd would overrule the hour and the hour was about to change and go down !! Wrong.! When it is crossed over up (10/20 ma) and green macd - we are going up, crossed down with red macd we are going down. Had I bought the weakness I would have won instead ! At the end of the day, the hourly chart indicators tell you exactly what’s happening today and I had let emotion get a hold of my head - I allowed myself to ‘think’ instead of automating my days trading to my set rules and removing emotion. I will persevere, I will make myself a better trader !

First of all I am glad that so many of you actually are getting something out of this thread…thats why I shared it in the first place… now I’m back again from 2 months holiday around scandinavia with family and friends…even did a few car show with my new 1957 Buick Special I bought very early this spring…and guess what! …I’t was pure original, I slightly modified it earlier before springbreak, lowered it to the floor, gave it some nice new classic wheels and spent several days in my garage polishing it, making it nice and shiny… and BANG! …at the first car show I went home with two prices again. 3rd place from the jury that loved the attitude I made to the car and the visitors woted my car to win “car of the show”.
Again…success and I simply love it.

It has come to my believe…and experience that when you first succeed at something after years of struggling your next success will come a lot easier than the first one… You have done all the mistakes before and you know by experience what to do to get to the top again without wasting time doing things that wont work.
This car season has been an affirmative season to me… now I know that what I spent years of making the last time…I now made in just a few weeks because I knew exactly what to do by years of experience and failure.

I’m not quite there yet with the financial monster called forex… but I’m taking this new experience with me to forex knowing that all my failures will one day make me successfull in the market.

Actually… I don’t think anyone will be 100% successfull before they have made all the mistakes there is to be made and learned from it.
First then you will know absolutly eveything NOT to do and start doing things right :slight_smile:

Hope you all had a great summer…I’m back and do seriously have some read up to do after two months of vacation :wink:

HAHA great post man!

VERY TRUE - I agree 90 % of what you say…

Persistence and DESIRE are key…Winners Never Quit and Quitters Never Win…taken from Napolean Hill himself…

However, with Guitars, Cars, Dancing and other things in life, there is usually a proven set of techniques and steps to learning. Each of those steps requires constant practice over and over, never quitting despite past failures, discouragement. Right now I am determined to learn Salsa with my two left feet (lol) but am discouraged by past failures, fear of failure etc…It is ridiculous really…I speak Spanish, have travelled to several latin countries, (I am Jamaican) yet I see people who can only say hola dance with all the hot girls and latinas…If I hadnt given up everytime and taken long breaks in between, I would be great at it now. But the thing about Salsa is it can be learnt doing all the moves over and over–moves that have clear techniques.

With Forex, however, it is somewhat different. There is no set proven technique. Most people are trying to figure out and hope they come up with one that works. I spent 6 years doing so, mainly on the lower time frames trying to scalp and day trade because this is what we are told works. Yet it was only when used the larger trends of the market that I was successful. Nevertheless I still persisted with the short-term strategies hoping that one of them will payoff. It was only after my last failed short-term strategy that I decided to focus on the larger charts, develop a strategy and stick with it.

My point is, persistence and desire are mental toughness are great tools to have, but if you are using them in a context that has no proven technique AND has a very low chance of success (day trading, lower time frames) it comes out to nothing.

My humble advice is that the search for a technique is likely to found using the higher time frames. The pain and suffering and financial loss have been unbelievable trying to day trade and I think a lot the difficulty traders have is due to this widely promoted way of trading. My thread in Swing Trade is aimed at convincing traders to switch based on my methodology- a real challenge but one I think so far many traders have already benefitted from

Thanks

Just wanted to share this with you all. I read it on twitter from a blog by Steve Burns (@sjosephburns), and it has helped me a lot today:
I also recommend reading Marty Schwartz - pit bull.

A big thing that trips up new traders is they get an entry signal at a breakout or a bounce off a key moving average like the 50 day simple moving average but have trouble quantifying how to let the it run if it is a winner or cut the loser short if it goes down. How to get out near the top instead of giving back a bulk of the run on the way back down. Shorter term moving averages let you trade a big up trend on a shorter time frame and give you a way to quantify a trailing stop and where to enter and exit if you missed a past key entry point.

I came across this quote from Market Wizard Marty Schwartz from his book: Pit Bull.

“The 10 day exponential moving average (EMA) is my favorite indicator to determine the major trend. I call this “red light, green light” because it is imperative in trading to remain on the correct side of a moving average to give yourself the best probability of success. When you are trading above the 10 day, you have the green light, the market is in positive mode and you should be thinking buy. Conversely, trading below the average is a red light. The market is in a negative mode and you should be thinking sell.” – Marty Schwartz

I agree completely with his observation and I have found the same thing in my independant chart studies. Also in sharply up trending stocks the 5 day EMA is respected and acts as support. At times the 5 day ema also acts as resistance as it currently is in $GOOG as it is having trouble breaking through and holding above the 5 day EMA after falling from all time highs rather quickly. The key is to find an up trending stock that respects the 5 day or the 10 day moving averages and then the moving average itself can be used for entry and exit signals for short term trend identification. I do primarily use the 5 day ema nd the 10 day sma in my own personal trading.

What moving averages do is identify and track trends, they quantify entry and exit points and are not open to opinion: they are facts. They track the real flow of capital and are used as signals by many traders, that is why you will see reactions many times at key levels.

This is a simple system that can get new traders trading on the right side of the market with advice from the pen of a real millionaire market wizard.