F*** Boris March

Bob Newhart.

CLASSIC.

The classic one about the tobacco and coffee!!! LOL!!!

But nah. David Letterman and Conan. Legends.

1 Like

I went to see him live once. It’s the only time I’ve fallen asleep in a theatre. Christ, he was dull.

2 Likes

I have to say, both with Harding and Connelly, that they went off into sort of “arty stuff” as their careers progressed and then people stopped buying their Lp’s - and it would seem, going to see them live.

A danger to all performers one might suggest.

1 Like

Now THAT’S funny!!! LOL!!!

1 Like

Oh Good Jesus. Who is this Mary Lou person now in Northern Ireland!!! LOL!!! Just been squealing on the news now. Giving Boris welly.

Now there’s a question:

For the sake of interest what would be the ramifications of the UK and Scotland and Ireland (oh and Wales I suppose) each going their separate ways??? I guess for one thing it would not then be the UK anymore but rather England or Britain right??? Just curious (as noted earlier today I have that kind of mind is all!!, LOL!!!).

Lol, Ireland went it’s separate way a few years back, left a portion behind now NI.

She’s leader of Sinn Fein - hated by the Conservatives big time, wants the small portion back.

Weird thing is that Boris is the biggest hope for getting that done.

you could ask the exact same question about brexit and why the UK wants to go its own way.

exactly the same, just in this case its london thats beeing bashed, in brexit case its brussels thats beeing bashed.

i see a lot of irony in that

and btw why not?

its pretty much a public secret that england is taking everything for themselves leaving nothing to the other states.

just look at the differences of northern ireland and the republic of ireland. since rep. irl. seperated from the UK, joined the EU and became its own state. with a higher standard of living than the UK including england. northern ireland stagnated for the last 50 years, which is very visible in the GBP per person,

republic of ireland 80,600$
northern ireland 24,700$

they were about the same when the rep. of ireland seperated.

scotland has a nice example in the republic of ireland what it means to be independant and seperate from the UK. a state setting new standards of living, economy and prosperity.

Nigel does a phone in most nights - here is tioday’s which addresses some of these issues of Ireland etc. However listen to a few minutes from -24.40 to hear the shock we got today about what Boris said yesterday. The next lady then goes on to speak of “Mary-Lou…”

We have a by-election tomorrow and it’s a shame he didn’t say it a few days earlier !

Now we have Verhofstadt (Don’t worry you never heard of him - he’s only been one of our Rulers for 5 years - nobody had heard of him then and nobody voted for him in any meaningful way ! )

Anyway the Remoaners have begged him to write a piece in their rag (the Guardian :roll_eyes:) Threatening us and telling us we “Belong in the EU” - amazing how all this stuff is going to be such a disaster for the UK - But All the EU hierarchy and even our own little German are telling us to stay ! :rofl:

only where you come from nobody ever heard of him. thats because your newspaper tend to stay in the UK and think that when you fly over Dover the world ends and you fall into space.

1972 -at age 19 Elected as Flemish Student Union President.

1982 Elected as president of Flemish lib Party.

1985 Elected as MP and deputy PM

1999 Elected as PM

2007 Elected as Senator

2009 to date Elected as an MEP

2 Likes

https://www.politico.eu/article/why-europe-cant-stop-laughing-at-boris-johnson/

Just listened to Farage phone-in on Ireland/Brexit - he finished off by saying it is “live and let live as it has been for the last 100 years”

Another Englishman spoke of these 100 years, well actually he sang about them in Las Vegas last year.

Mary Lou’s party was born from the ashes of what the song told:

For context: The " Rising" was Easter 1916, when Ireland rebelled against British rule. The leaders were executed in Kilmainham jail - one of whom was Joseph Mary Plunkett.

“Blood upon the Rose” - he was suffering from TB.

Before the executions Sinn Fein’s support was fractional, in 1918 it won 70% of seats in Ireland.

This recording was taken stage-side.

https://www.ft.com/content/2e8ae1d2-9cc9-11e9-9c06-a4640c9feebb

@peterma - As i said elsewhere - I’ve had a number of friends from both NI and Eire over the years and I have long since learned that it is a BAD idea to talk “Irish Politics” with them - Hell they’ve been tearing bloody lumps out of each other for hundreds of years over these things.

I concede any point or points you may have to put about Irish Politics mate ! :sunglasses:

Yes you said it here (that you stay away from them in reality) (correct me if im missinterpreting that sentence)

Changing the street side when you see green dressed irishmen comming your way… or what did you mean?

WOW!!!

I sure got some catching up to do!!!

Tomorrow folks.

I just screwed myself nice with this darn Fed. rate decision!!! And what did I say earlier on the thread JUST TODAY??? But I JUST couldn’t help myself now could I!!! LOL!!! Oh well. ■■■■ happens. Still up for the month. But nowhere NEAR as much as I was about, oh, let’s see, three hours or so ago.

See you all in the morning!!! LOL!!!

fed annoying, but not unexpected. i was up 25, 2 minutes before fed, 1 hour later i was only up 2.

days of work ruined in 1 hour