F*** Boris March

Now onto something else…

Odd that you mention the “cup of tea and fag” thing. Let me tell you about something that I noticed last year that befuddled me (so much so that I actually started at thread on this on a music forum that I was posting on at the time):

The background (short version hopefully) is that I have always been very seriously into my music. I may have mentioned somewhere that I (apparently) started banging on my mother’s piano when I was about three years old. Went for lessons throughout school. Came out the other side as a classically trained pianist. But even since my school days: I’ve always been heavily into hard rock and heavy metal (not this new age crap). And in particular: Ronnie James Dio (Elf, Rainbow, Sabbath, Heaven and Hell, Dio). And I have ALWAYS just wanted to be able to play the electric guitar. So: have on two occasions before this last stint run out and bought the very best of guitars and stuff (been very fortunate throughout my life when it’s come to money to be honest) (and but one of the reasons why this current situation has hit me so hard). At least twice tried to put a band together (but too young, drinking too much, dismal failures). And to boot: have never been able to get the guitar right (although truth be told I think it was more due to lack of effort than anything else). Then: last time I got a sizeable chunk of money I again went out and bought some lovely stuff. And I battled and battled AGAIN. Except THIS time there’s been no drinking and mucking about i.e. been very serious about it this time around. But (and here’s the point of the story): what I started finding was that I would sit for HOURS and HOURS and DAY after DAY trying to get a guitar solo right or something like that. And I JUST could not get it right. To the point where it was actually driving me nuts. So after a few days I’d just give up in sheer frustration. BUT THEN I started noticing a pattern. Stuff that I’d been battling with almost obsessively just seemed to almost just come naturally after having stepped away for a few days. In other words: I would bust my chops trying to get something right that I just could not get right and almost to the point of obsession. So then I’d give it a break. And when I then went back into my studio (which I had at the time) I could actually just pick the thing up and play what I was trying to get right almost as if I’d been doing it for YEARS.

Now as noted: I started a whole discussion on this on a music forum. Turns out there’s nothing wrong with me (I was getting worried at some point to be honest). Your BRAIN needs time to almost “collate” what you’ve been trying to do with your hands (in the context of something like playing a guitar). And it cannot do this without a break. Now how is that for interesting???

And NOW let me tell you something that’s pertinent (after this WHOLE long story above):

I have seen it with my trading!!! As many will know: I spent YEARS and YEARS obsessed with this business. NEVER gave it a break for YEARS. Not for a DAY. Even on weekends I’d be sitting tampering with SOMETHING trading related. And I JUST could not see the wood for the trees. Alright: due to my losses I was FORCED to go out and make money another way. But here’s the thing: when I came back to it even five years ago: it was with much clarity. But it gets better. I NEVER EVER thought I’d be able to trade intraday or short term. And that is the only way I’m now paying the bills!!! And I cannot tell you at how surprised I am and even on a DAILY basis now with the sheer CLARITY of what I’m seeing and how I’m trading. Never ever thought I’d get this right. And I can tell you this much: given the SAME tools and the SAME trading systems and methodologies BACK THEN I would STILL have failed. What I’m saying is that my HAVING to step away is what made the difference. I am SURE of it. It’s almost as if my brain had stored up YEARS worth of ALL of this information that I spent so much time absorbing. But it could not do anything with the mish mash of information at the time and somehow needed to “collate” it or “file it away” before it became of any use to me.

So there you have it. Some things that I thought were worth a mention anyway.

1 Like

Wasted? You sir are an art dennyer!

Any minute watchibg rick and morty is participating in fine high art of dark humor and sartire and not a waste :exploding_head:

1 Like

Sometimes we just have to ponder on whether perhaps we may place too much credence on the utterings of others !

.YouTube

1 Like

EXCELLENT video.

But for one thing:

According to the video I’m either very intelligent or a psychopath!!! LOL!!!

The two are NOT mutally exclusive :wink:

I’d need to know you better to help with that one - except “psychopaths” ‘lack fear’ (and most of the ‘softer emotions’ - does that apply to you ?

Hach. Boy. Dont start it again. You just manage to find the courage to post again after days of silence. Dont do this to yourself. Is it worth it to be depressed again? You know you cant handle the truth so dont ask for it :roll_eyes:

Errr. No. Guess I’m just intelligent then!!! LOL!!! Whew!!!

1 Like

So do I - that’s why I showed you ! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Mind you. I have that kind of mind that worries about ridiculous things.

As an example (and again from a Billy Connolly video) (don’t know why I have him on the brain at the moment i.e. been ages since I watched the stuff):

How does a guy who drives a snow plough get to his work in the morning???

Always categorized people too by the following (and from being in the PC business for a long time):

Always on a power supply is there a big red sticker that says “Do Not Touch - Hot Surface” (and even if you can’t read there’s usually a picture of a fire or something on the label). I’m one of those that will touch i.e. I need to know HOW hot!!! LOL!!!

I think it’s time for an afternoon nap.

Last night has not quite worn itself off as yet.

And with the Fed. tonight: I’m thinking the markets will probably trade in a range tighter than Nicola Sturgeon’s arse until tonight.

And it’s month end. Maybe a good idea to stay out altogether today to be honest. I’m nicely up for the entire month as of last night. Maybe a good idea to start the new month up and fresh!!! LOL!!!

Did you come across this guy ?

Nope. Listening to the first bit now. Think I’ll go watch on my iPad.

1 Like

Now there’s an image - I’ll try to forget ! - I wonder if it’s one of those things which just “Sticks forever” :rofl:

1 Like

Too funny. Nope. Sorry. Scarred for life!!! LOL!!!

1 Like

Before I leave you in peace for a short while:

Tell you who I have been obsessively (I use that word a lot it would seem) watching of late. A chap by the name of Bill Burr. He is the most politically INCORRECT comedian ever!!! Now while British humor is by FAR the more intelligent: there are indeed some US nuggets and he’s one of them. The type of thing e.g. don’t say that there’s no reason to hit a woman. Not saying it’s something to do. But don’t say that there’s no reason.

Oh here you go. Somebody gone to the trouble of uploading the part.

His stuff is absolutely hilarious.

Has two features on Netflix at the moment.

Love the Chicago accent too.

1 Like

Bill Burr is great! I love his stuff.

And good luck to Boris!

2 Likes

Welcome to the thread!!! LOL!!!

Just thought I’d welcome you on behalf of @Falstaff is all!!! Save him the trouble.

American humor although few and far between but classic and classy:

David Letterman
Conan O’Brien

And then anybody remember Don Imus (“Imus In The Morning”)???

And of course:

Seinfeld
Bill Burr

1 Like

Aye pull up a chair and pour yourself a drink :sunglasses:

1 Like

British on the other hand:

Fawlty Towers (OF COURSE)
Ricky Gervais
Karl Pilkington
The Office (NOT the USA version)
Twenty Twelve
W1A

I’m lacking a bit here - will take a look later - Had an American Wife once upon a time and her old man introduced me to Bob Newhart - I like his stuff !

1 Like