F*** Boris March

watching the markets today i think you have a pretty bad days. am i right?

1 Like

The Moggcast today

Hey.

Not anywhere near as bad as yesterday if that’s what you’re asking!!! LOL!!! But I have had better days too. Between Trump and the Fed. this is painful. And I seem to have lost my rhythm.

Anyway. Was also doing paperwork for this property deal hence my being a bit scarce today.

But thanks for asking. Been better. But all good.

Chat in the morning.

1 Like

As I type, we have a rather “odd” by election being counted in Brecon and Radnor (Wales) - which has always been a marginal between “Liberals” And Conservatives.

“Liberals” - going in were 1-33 in the bookmakers odds (Bet £33 to get £1 back !) - I’m more inerested in seeing how the Brexit Party performs against the “Boris Conservatives” - but if anyone wants to spend a few hours watching - here it is !

Sorry for ignoring you @peterma

To quote @tommor from an earlier post ;

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Do these people march for any decent reason? How much spare time do they have? Think the good they could do if every person who gave up their day for a march instead gave up their day to help homeless people, old people, charities etc!!!

2 Likes

Lol - think I told this one before - many years ago 3 of us were visiting Birmingham.

Chatting to the taxi driver my mate asked about the then poor state of Birmingham City FC.

“We have a rule” answered the driver, “we’re not allowed to discuss Politics, Religion or football with our fares”.

Then he thought for a moment - “what the heck, you guys are from Ireland”.

We have a saying: “Its all great craic” :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well done Boris!

1 Like

Yes - his fear of the Brexit Party is clearly bigger than any concerns he may have regarding the “unLiberal non-Democrats” - and Labour also put up a fine show ! Gleaning less than 2000 votes in total !

In aggregate though the “Brexit vote” was increased from both the Referendum percentage and the previous Election result.

So it shows he has no “wriggle room” and if the Tories are going to survive, they will Have to
-a) Get it done
-b) Reach an accomodation with the BREXIT Party over which seats they are going to contest at the next General Election.

Libs were certainly a pretty poor bet though at 1- 33 !

Interesting result though - and here are the numbers ;

:arrow_up:Fakenews.

Here is the real statistic

You could also interprete the things in another way.

Brexit party for a no deal brexit
Tory for brexit preferably with deal
Labour for deal brexit
Libdem for exit of brexit

If you take this into consideration you get the picture that people prefer a exit from brexit over (seccond choise) a brexit with deal and over (last choise) a no deal brexit.

1 Like

You know guys, you are arguing mostly about something that really doesn’t hit you hard personally.

This evening after work I took my grandson for a little walk, he’s tiny and the streets are a big adventure.

We walked past a canvas banner tied to the subway close to our house.

Later i chatted with his uncle about Brexit. He commented that the British cared zilch about Ireland in the lead up and through the referendum, he guessed that most voters were not either aware of the consequences for us or that it did not come onto their radar.

I thought a lot about what he said, I thought too about that banner.

1968 was the beginning of the civil rights unrest in NI, 1969 the beginning of the ‘troubles’.

My grandson was oblivious to it all - he spotted a lorry roaring past.

Tonight I have thought about it again - that lorry is the answer - it is transporting trade.

Pic of the sign:

BrexitSign

2 Likes

Thanks for your input @peterma.

As you say, you are close to the border and we are leaving the EU.

Now we know that “Eire” is not gonig to close the Border, The Uk is not going to close teh border and EU is not going to close the border.

So I’m sure we would welcome your suggestion as to how you would like your probem resolved ?

Each say they are not going to ‘close’ the border.

The entire might of the UK army tried that back awhile but the locals had their answer.

They deployed the border buster:

Should put into context - army sappers installed concrete barricades along the border during daylight - the community deployed the buster at night to re-open.

It’s not ‘our problem’, it’s how does the UK live up to it’s obligations under WTO with such unruly locals on their WTO border.

Hmmm… send in the army. :slight_smile:

Mate - in the rest of the UK we have not had Catholics killing Protestants or Protestants Killing Catholics for hundreds of years .

“Unruly Locals” ?

We are leaving the EU !

If you want to play

“Why don’t you ? yes but !”

Which clearly is the basis of this argument - then what do you expect us to do to prevent it ? - Come up with your own proposals ! :sunglasses:

We will see in 10 years who is the losing and who the “winning” fraction of brexit.

Thou i strongly believe there is no “winner” in this, only one “losing side” and another side which didnt lose much or didnt lose anything.

Here, since you are fully into this “lets split us up into groups and the bigger group wins” and into “them and us” - kind of thinking.

When your idea of northern ireland and where it belongs to is decided by which religion who is in then this might gives you something to think about.

i know most of my post are pretty unserious.

but now i have a serious question, and allow me to go into the question smoothly.

immagine, we have 2015, again.

everything is OK. the economy is running good. standard politics, they talk about wether to put money in military, in climate change or into healthcare. they plan new rules to unlock economic, social and/or scientific resources to invest into the future of the country.

scottland has had its referendum, in which they clearly voted in favour for the union with the UK. nobody pushing any independence anymore.
Norther Ireland not even thinking of a united ireland.

things are going their usual way, nothing special, no extraordinary problems. and whatever problems occur they get debated and solved sooner or later.

gpb went back to good hights after it fell extremely in the crisis few years before, unemployment going down quickly.

all good, all fine.

and a few years later?
and today?

scottland is pushing hard for a second independence referendum.
northern ireland is contemplating with a united ireland.
gbp is plummeting
economoy. well, lets not say its bad, but it for sure doesnt look good.

every week the same play at parliament
mondays the UK parliament is talking about theresa may
tuesdays about boris johnson
wednesday about brexit
thursdays about northern ireland and scottish independence
fridays about deal or no deal brexit
satudays parliament uses the time to talk a word or two with the EU
sundays the parliament is sucking up americas arse for costume jewelery they might or might not gift them

pretty much everything is in chaos, the economy, the currency, the politics and now even the unity of the UK. nobody is working/shaping the future of the country, its all backwards rethoric. no issue gets solved, only new problems arise and nobody can agree to a solution to any of those.

the new prime minister is a journalist by profession, which imo is only 1 stage higher a ladder than a comedian (clown) which was elected a few months ago in a country in east europe which is fighting a civil war.

seems like a distant great past lovely remembered when the biggest issue was where to put a billion in, healthcare or military. etc. etc.

now to my question.

can somebody tell me what went wrong in the last few years?

i dont know, it seems, and thats my opinion, people were kind of bored of “secure, things going good, good economy, good future prospects, issues get solved” and starred at some big red button and though to themselves “hmm what could possibly happen if we push this big red button of which pretty much all scientists, economists, politians etc. say ““DO NOT PUSH THAT BUTTON???””… ah… screw it, im bored and got nothing better to do so lets push that button”

that red button is now pushed, but the effect that this red button is making did not even happen yet. it wil happen in october or some time later, but the true “bad effects” didnt even happen yet and everything is already now in chaos.

serious question, in your opinion: what lead to all this?

were people bored and hitted the bushes in order to try to catch the rabbit jumping out of it?

1 Like

Hello World!!! LOL!!!