F*** Boris March

Lol - the whole thing of labels is laughable.

Until recently we would import manufactured products labeled “Made in USA - Not for Sale in California”. - since we we are in Ireland it posed no problem :slight_smile:

Then again I’m drinking a cup of coffee - the cup says “made in China” … that confirms that the cup is of d’un certain age as the French would say - nowadays it states “made in PRC”.

All semantics, or as the good book says - vanity.

Btw curiosity got the better of me, nothing to do with emissions in California, some state law they had regarding ‘made in USA’ labels - all vanity :slight_smile:

1 Like

For my Brexit mates:

That rumour is based around the legal action by Robin Tilbrook.

Tilbrook supports the idea of an independent England.

It often surprises me that more English people don’t advocate the same thing. English people are net contributors to the Treasury whereas the devolved regions of N.Ireland, Scotland and Wales are net receivers.

A quote from a news item back in 2017:
Northern Ireland has more of the identifiable spending per head than Scotland and Wales, receiving 21% more than the UK as a whole.

Next in line comes Scotland, which is 16% above the average and Wales at 10% above. England spends 3% per head below the overall UK figure.

In recent years there was a scandal in NI on grants for heating industrial premises from renewables - specifically wood burners.

Businesses were being paid per amount of wood pellets burned - heaters were full blast even in the summer - all money from the Treasury.

Over here it was known as ‘cash for ash’ - English taxpayers had the tab.

(should add that only a limited number of businesses took this offer, when it was spelled out to me it had the whiff of scam so I refused as did many others)

My point is that an independent England would not have to pay for scams and jobs for the boys.

1 Like

Hmmm… the NR is way behind the curve.

NR Aug 16th :

European rules prohibit the importation of good American beef

Pres Trump on Aug 2nd:

In year one, duty-free American beef exports to the EU will increase by 46 percent. Over seven years, they will increase by another 90 percent.

Here is what Pres Trump had to say in whole - it’s a good read:

46% of nothing is…nothing
Another 90% of nothing is…still nothing

Well done The Donald!

Well not actually true:

The EU established a quota system in 2009 and it has set a limit of 45,000 tons of hormone-free beef to be imported from the U.S. without paying duties

Long before Pres Trump. So yes, the first President to change a mindset, a reversal of diminishing numbers curtailed by quotas.

Yep.

“European rules prohibit the importation of good American beef, but I’ve never seen an English Beefeater refuse a Texan steak in the States,” Lord Borwick tells me. “Similarly, the Europeans prohibit American chickens because they are washed in chlorinated water, even though we wash our children in chlorinated water in every British swimming pool, and I never have seen an English tourist refuse to enter a Kentucky Fried Chicken shop.”

You(EU) must not be getting the “good” beef…:wink:

You want to go into this place - not a fish in sight, or a chlorinated chicken - the steak is to die for…and it’s all American (or so they say)…

https://restaurant.buffalo-grill.fr/261548-buffalo-grill-nice

Edit: I know they say “poissons” - it’s just there for a laugh.

And here is how the French get served their Beef (half cooked)

USsteakInFrance

SSteakAmerican
same Buffalo Grill - “bien cuit” - a real American Steak - check the menu title at the top - damn…getting hungry

Yeah saw that one - Robin Tilbrook is a Solicitor and has consulted widely with Barristers, retired Judges and QCs - The case is based on the exact same argument that Gina Miiller WON on against Theresa May, all the way to the Supreme Court - IF Boris is as bright as we know he is, then I suspect he may well have consulted even more widely and if the Legals say its a good case - as I believe it probably is - (and Sir Bill Cash is taking a similar view on the second extension ) Then He may well be considering it as a pre-emptive strike !

Having the elegance of taking the wind entirely from the sails of both the “un-Liberal” “Anti-Democrats” and also the Brexit Party as well as the entire snakepits of the Commons and the Lords ! Bypass Bercow !

We’ll see !

1 Like

We’ve all heard much recently of the remoaners bleating that "There is no mandate for a ‘No Deal Brexit’ "

Here’s 5 minutes to take a look at that particular postmodernist view of ‘truth’ in the world.

You’re leaving :tada:

How’s the accuracy of this?

I’m happy with that. Even though I voted Remain. We would have left one day anyway. Now we’re leaving I have no doubt we can sort out all trade etc. issues given time.

I expect we’ll muddle through over a cup of tea and a plate of biscuits and assorted fancies…

1 Like

Hmm.

“Boris has written a letter” !

If you watch on You tube, the comments say it all really !

He has revived the prospects for the Conservative Party in the polls. [Possibly temporarily from this ! ]

Nigel is having a large Rally in London - I think - on the 23rd.

We may get a feel of the “Lie of the land” among the real Brexiteers from the turnout for that!

So… here we have a conundrum - what to believe from the mouth of Boris:

This morning on my phone I got 2 news alerts, 15 mins apart, one from BBC, one from Sky.

These alerts were not a correspondents analysis, they were reporting the PM’s comments to the respective reporters in Biarritz, France at the G7.

Sky News:

Prime Minister Boris Johnson told Sky News the chances of a Brexit deal are improving

And then BBC:

Boris Johnson has said the chances of a Brexit deal are “touch and go” - having previously said the odds of a no-deal Brexit were “a million to one”.

It’s not clear the time scale between these words to the reporters, except to say they occurred within hr1.

Then again yesterday inews reported:

Boris Johnson complains to Donald Trump over US restrictions on pork pies

For non UK guys there is a cockney (london) slang - “porky pies” means…

https://www.cockneyrhymingslang.co.uk/slang/porky_pies_2

Is it important that we believe what a politician says he will do or will never do?

It’s not what we believe - for traders/business it’s what the market believes.

The market reacts to Pres Trump’s comments because he is following an agenda, right now that agenda is a weaker USD and sort the China problem.

If a politician blows in the wind as was the PM’s case today then it becomes clear that the politician is grasping, he is not in charge.

1 Like

It seems things are getting a little warmer now - The Remoaners are having clandestine meetings to defy the democratic will of the people - ever more openly. But hey never mind - the "bumbling fool" has had a quiet word !

Watch this to the end ! :wink: