F*** Boris March

Tories do not have a majority now and haven’t had since 2017

1 Like

Who do you propose sent it, the tooth fairy?

Current affairs moves current price so for that reason I stay tuned - pound has moved 120 pips since that post Sunday night - based completely on what was discussed in the 2 preceding days - no patterns, no candlesticks, no oversold, no looking at the past - just politics :slight_smile:

Btw these next 2 days could well slow the buying as we get into all the election rhetoric - soon will be the time to dance to opinion poll numbers - then TA will rise to the fore.

WORLD EXCLUSIVE :

Lengthy Phonecall between President Trump and Nigel Farage on many subjects - broadcast on LBC radio an hour ago - but the Remainstream media will not tell you about.

This makes me cross - I have a good friend in Leicester, he supports Brexit, he was so angry when Obama supported Cameron and Remain with the silly quote re being at the back of a queue on a trade deal with the US (instead of using the word ‘line’).

Why am I cross? - because I would never interfere in US politics, it’s not my place, I have relatives there but I don’t live there, it’s not my place.

Pres Trump says “Jeremy Corbyn would be so bad for the UK” in that tel call. Maybe that’s true, then again there are a few million UK voters who might say it’s not - it’s up to them to decide - not a Politician from another country.

Edit: The US President reckons that the PM’s deal is bad - not clear how he was briefed or by whom.

2nd Edit "Corbyn would be so bad for your country, he’d be so bad, he’d take you in such a bad way.
“He’d take you into such bad places.”

Hmmm… where I wonder would these places be - is this another line vs queue thing?

1 Like

Hmmm… Pres Trump’s call to Nigel Farage seems to have been planned - well the content that is.

The President rubbished Johnson’s deal and marveled how both Farage and Johnson would be an unstoppable force.

By coincidence Nigel Farage has today set a deadline for Johnson to scrap the deal and to make a pact together or else.

The or else part is that Farage will field canditates in all constituencies thus splitting the Conservative and Leave vote.

Farage has given the PM 2 weeks to comply - November 14th.

The plot thickens…

The good news is how I suspected the PM would react, he has a history of not being easily bullied.

The DUP tried that - to their cost.

Sky News headlines: General Election: PM gambles on winning without a deal with Nigel Farage

When i first saw Nigel Farage’s ultimatum immediately I thought of the word ‘gamble’.

Farage is a former market participant so he is familiar with risk, he leveraged maximum on this approach - hence the support of Pres Trump - (perhaps poorly briefed).

Now he is under water - his reaction is to rely yet more on Pres Trump by referencing the ‘unstoppable force’ comment.

Hindsight will have taught that to do a deal with the PM it is better to negotiate quietly, never in the gaze of media, wait until the work is done before the publicity.

Cue the Irish PM/UK PM and the ‘secret talks’ where all journalist were banned and even the talks venue was kept quiet - outcome - success.

You never know…
Screenshot_2019-11-01-21-38-10-1

1 Like

Quote from Jeff Taylor’s twitter feed (so he says ) ;

" With the Brexit Party - we’ll get Real Brexit
With the Boris treaty - we’ll get Fake Brexit
_With the Lib Dems - we’ll get No Brexit at all _

With the Labour Party - Nobody knows what we’ll get except Problems which make Brexit look Insignificant ! "

I feel that the only objective benefit of the Conservative deal as offered is that it ends Parliament’s involvement in the Brexit process. At this point, I don’t care if its better or worse than Theresa May’s deal. What is better, what is worse, anyway?

A Conservative majority answers the current most important issue. Which is not how good the deal is, it is do we leave or do we remain.

Aye, it’s a little weird, Nigel’s mantra has been ‘clean brexit’ which is easy to understand, i.e. out means out.

Just read in the past few days in his ultimatum to the PM he is seeking yet another 6 months of re-negotiations on an exit deal based on the EU/Canada trade deal.

Then after that yet another stupid extension, only then out will mean out.

I have a file that gets thicker and thicker - mostly compiled of letters from the UK Government (HMRC) telling me how to get prepared for the impending leave date.

Edit: Btw the guy signing all these letters sounds like he has Irish connections with the ‘O’ missing.

Just read his bio - he IS Irish :slight_smile:

Very interesting poll data from Yougov.

Firstly, 30/10 Conservatives retain 36% support in voting intentions poll, Labour slip from 23 to 21. LibDems no change at 18%, Brexit Party climb from 12 to 13.

Secondly, voting intentions against past voting in 2016 referendum and 2017 election show Conservatives and LibDems clearly winning support with understandable Brexit policies (although opposite). Only 58% of those who voted Labour in 2017 and Remain in 2016 currently say they will vote Labour in December.

I was a bit surprised to read this today about Nigel Farage
https://www.notthenoobs.com/index.php/topic,7.msg512.html#msg512

Makes some sense I suppose if it leads to a better strategic campaign. In business it would be rare for the Sales Director to have their own sales territory.

Interesting as you say @tommor.

We know the critical percentage for getting any seats is around 14% - so it’s pretty close for the Brexit Party.

We also knw that the Brexit vote for a “No deal” was huge in the MEP elections and that Nigel is setting his sights on the “Northern seats,” Midlands and South Wales among others.

He has promised to do a complete critique of the “rehashed Theresa May Surrender Treaty” presented by Boris so as to give proper information as to what it actually entails.

I can see that he would say that he is not standing, so as to deflect atention away from the cynical and childish focus which his last attempt to gain a seat attracted - with every “tom ■■■■ and Sheila” standing against him and the huge media attention that gained.

However, Nominatons close around 14 November as I understand it and if the Tories continue their petulant rejection of a “deal” with him, I can sort of see a “last minute nomination” - say in "Boris’s constituency " !

We may also see him challenge later at a By-Election, but of course he is still an MEP and does a lot of good for the cause in Brussels (Apart from the 4 days a month when they ship the whole thing across to Strasbourg at YOUR expense ! - WHY do they do that I wonder ?)

Anyhow interesting times - and we’ll watch with interest how it all unravels now the Voters DO actually have some real choices ! :sweat_smile:

Jeff Taylor makes some good points here ! :sweat_smile:

Pre-election ‘deals’ between political parties are by definition ant-democratic.

The whole point of an election is to give people a democratic choice, the whole point of a behind the scene ‘deal’ is to limit that choice.

Here in NI we are used to these ‘deals’ or ‘pacts’ as they are more commonly labelled.

One week ago the Ulster Unionist Party (UUP) declared that they would not enter into a deal with the DUP as normal, instead they would give voters a choice.

Sadly the intimidation was too much and they bowed - they will not field a candidate in North Belfast (Nigel Dodds’s seat) in return for a clear run in Fermanagh

I cannot believe that Great Britain would countenance such ‘pacts’ or is it the case that Brexit could bring UK politics down into this realm?

Threats and intimidation are different to deals and pacts - that’s just politics. Politics makes an art of reaching agreement with people you cannot agree with. And from that we get diplomacy and from that we get peace treaties. So is it really good or bad?

Its just a shame that there isn’t a category that we can vote for in a General Election which is entitled, “None of the above”.

Talking of deals and pacts, this was out of the blue
https://www.notthenoobs.com/index.php/topic,7.msg531.html#msg531