F*** Boris March

How we in Britain treated EU lorry drivers stranded here because of French bloody mindedness !

How our EU “friends” treated Our Lorry drivers through Their bloody mindedness

Sometimes we just KNOW that we did the right thing !

Scottish fishermen now landing catch in Denmark (EU) to get around Brexit rules.

The Scottish Fishermen’s Federation actively campaigned for Brexit.

I will not bother to link to the story of Welsh fishermen exporting to EU except to quote one:
"Every bag of mussels has to have its own documentation." (there were 41 bags in one small consignment)

Time perhaps for the UK to eat it’s own fish?

Scottish fishermen ‘sailing to Denmark to land catch’ - BBC News

I can only hope that the UK government gets a grip on the fishing and fish export arrangements but I 'm not holding my breath. The agreement we have was always likely to be a fudge and a compromise and it looks like the fishermen are just some of the losers.

Meanwhile, assuming the Scottish east coast fishing boats go out into the North Sea to make their catches and most of their catch has always gone to Europe, I have to wonder why they weren’t sailing to the continent to land their fish even before Brexit. Why did they sail in the opposite direction back to Scotland to land what they had caught just so it could be turned around and taken the long way round by lorry and ferry?

All it really shows to me is that stupid and dogmatic “pen pushers” - given a tiny sliver of “Authority” will always make life as difficult as possible for those who actually “do something productive” - and that men of pragmatism and initiative - will overcome obstacles in their quest for survival !

More to teh point - this just shows how absolutely Right we were - to tell them where to stick their Beaurocracy !

1 Like

Been away for 3 weeks in rough seas in the company of unshaven (and perhaps a little not so nice smelly colleagues) where would i want to go?

The fishermen - the guys on the boat - know little about the lorries or the ferries and even less about customs or documentation, all they want to do is go home and see the family.

Same thing for the lorry driver who has just got his packed lunch confiscated because there is meat in it.

Exactly so !

Those guys just have a job to do and I can’t imagine how hard it must be. But their business is to make money by catching fish and selling it to Europe. When the boat was filled with fish (or filled with their quota of fish), why have they then been motoring away from their markets to land the catch in another country?

Tom, you missed my point - there is only one boat owner and then there his crew.

The boat heads back to port from where they set off, the fish are iced, the buyer is waiting, it’s all reasonably simple - after that everyone takes a rest.

Now it’s a different ball game, majority of the boats are still docked becs ause it’s cheaper.

This stupid set up is not of their making - politicians from both sides can cause these difficulties for hard working people and equally they can resolve them.

Btw, on the Welsh fishermen aspect, fishermen aren’t always male :slight_smile:

Brexit: ‘My £50,000 shellfish lorry was delayed for 30 hours’ - BBC News

My point still stands ;

EU Vaccine debacle shows just what a complete shower the EU Government is !

BREXIT saving lives daily !

Nothing to see here - move along folks !

(Sadly the remoaners have nothing to moan about )

Only positivity - so BBC bury it at 2 am on Saturday morning :rofl:

Perhaps peter W and I were both wrong ?

Boris is a history buff of course and Churchill was his hero - Maybe tho’ he is applyiing something he learned from Maggie ! :wink:

How was this buffoon elected as PM? Well at least another orange buffoon has been removed somewhere else recently.

The PM may act like so c/w hair-do like just getting of a motorbike without a helmet - but that’s an act - a persona - he is a very clever politician.

He gains popularity with ‘giving’ that’s why he dumped the last chancellor who happened to caution against borrowing to overspend (before corona).

He will promise much, press the right buttons, leave detail to others, chant positive mental attitude.

So what happens when brexit is done, virus is finished and the challenge is over?

That’s simple - check the income generated by the last occupant of no.10 since she departed - multiply that by about 10 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

One other wee thing about the PM and the EU - he has just replaced Michael Gove with David Frost to be in charge of post brexit relations - which right now are kinda ‘frosty’ :slight_smile:

Anyways, because Lord Frost is portrayed as … well he is a past UK diplomat to EU and doesn’t mind mixing it hard on UK’s behalf so to speak… so there is a spin that the PM is hardening against EU.

Reality is that the FTA (free trade agreement) has huge holes and this is the very agreement that Frost negotiated - so the PM is saying to him ‘go fix this’

Will it happen? - as traders we err on the side of probability - and yes over the next few weeks those gaps will be filled.

1 Like

And he failed to answer when asked on BBC news whether he had faith in Ian Blair, he responded, “have faith in the police” The reporter asked again whether he has faith in Ian Blair, he responded " I have faith in the police". Typical characteristic of a clown. He should be in the circus. He is overpromising and underachieving.

Boris is far from perfect - he seems to have gone all woke on “global warming” and we are having some frustrations at home -

BUT who would you replace him with ?

That garbage may just be ok for skulekidz

But FFS this is is supposed to be a site for juveniles hoping to make a profit from understanding the basics of the real world !