Fastest way to trading success is

I’m sure there are good mentors out there, but I have no idea how to tell which ones are frauds. Anything can be photoshopped. For me to believe in a mentor, it would have to be someone I know IN PERSON, and I’ve watched them trade live.

1 Like

Good mentors are too costly! On the other hand, why they would like to spend their valuable time to teach me instead of his trading?

That’s why you need to follow their performance over time via alerts/signals that prove what they offer as a system can yield results. I’d never believe any kind of screen shot or photo.

1 Like

To earn even more money. Why would a pilot instructor not just fly for a living instead of teaching?

1 Like

How did you find your very own mentor?

He wants to be your mentor :rofl:

1 Like

What you just put here is 100% common sense. Says a lot about the ones who want to become a trader.

1 Like

I have no idea where I’d find a mentor. I don’t need one anymore but it would have helped back in the day. I think the only person I would ever mentor would be one of my own children, if they wanted to get into forex. I wouldn’t encourage them to, though. Too risky a venture,

That and forums like this one can be of great help to any trader, especially to newbies. We just have to be committed and available to learn.

Helpful contributor as ever

I actually went to an event by an ex Goldman trader many years ago. I didn’t learn to trade but I learnt how to think. Many think a strategy will ‘make them’ a success. But it’s the mindset and implementation that makes the trader. After removing all of my discretionary trades and trading only a systematic approach I made money for the first time that year and that’s when the penny dropped. It’s all about the statistical edge.

3 Likes

Absolutely as long as you avoid the losing traders that hate on real contributors with helpful knowledge

1 Like

ive taken someone with no experience and taught them how to do, in 2 months, what took me 8 years to discover on my own.

the following people all offer mentorship for the same underlying system. fear stops you from giving them a chance. you are scamming yourself

chris lori
mike belafiore
michael huddleston
stephen kalayjian
stacey burke
al brooks

Excellent contribution. Would be better for the users if there was a link to each of their proof since this is what this thread and post is about.

backtesting the process itself is the only way to raise your conviction to the proper levels. nothing else will do it. the sooner you accept that the less time you will waste.

if you require any of these 6 people to prove themselves to you, its because you’re stuck in a narcissistic state. sometimes it takes years to wear off and growup. sometimes you stay stuck for the rest of your life. huge gamble but hey if your pride means that much to you, at least enjoy it.

I have come to a parallel belief which is that the first strategy a trader works through teach them less about how to trade but more about how to judge a strategy.

1 Like

Backtesting accurately is the hard part. Pure price action for example. Virtually impossible to back test accurately. Unless it is 100% mechanical conditions. i.e. Zero discretion

Agreed. Understanding a strategy and what trading really is, is the hard part since online is a awash with so much BS poor newbies have to wade through all of that c**p to find the diamond in the rough. But that takes time and patience, something a lot of people do not seem to have.

1 Like

you answered it yourself.

It’s not the same thing, but I used to practice alot on a site that ran historical charts like realtime and you could fast-forward to check your hypothesis and if you’d have won. I found this more useful than demo.

1 Like