Feels like no strategy really works

@Traycrenrn You know what you have experienced is true. Do not fall in the same pit as them. Keeping your hopes up with a terrible system will bring you nowhere.

If you know someone else who can proof to you the market is manipulated. It is fine to follow that person as well. Trading based on manipulation is key!

Let’s see how many people will become a hater, cause of this message. Psychologically you know what that means right.

1 Like

If you sincerely believe trading is a hoax, a scam, why are you still loitering in BabyPips forums?

I am really curious.

Forex is tough. I temporarily gave up on it to trade stocks and ETFs. I am doing fine. My time horizon is ‘infinite’ so I am only trading uncorrelated ETFs that generate dividends, rebalancing periodically, averaging in continuously, and selling calls when IV is high against positions to generate extra income. I also do trend following and use some of the systems on engineeredportfolio and allocatesmartly. This way I ensure whatever I do has been thoroughly researched and backtested by people other than myself. Overall my portfolio is down 9% YTD but you know what’s not down? My ego cause I just follow the systems.

especially the wicks they just put you off

Dude…

Stop studying Forex and start trading It…

In your post the only thing you doing is crying…

In stead of crying … bring something to the table…

What pair are you trading? What timeframe? What strategy and trade management?

Have you actually sticked to something in this 3 years? Or have you just beeing reading bs and watching Instagram traders? No strategy Will work on all pairs. None!

One thing i Will tell you… ALL pairs move differently… so choose one you like and start watching It every day… look at the moves … try to Guess where price Will react… from where to where … Don’t change to another pair… Just watch ONE! daily! Once you learn to read a pair… start trading.

And don’t trade news!

Stop trading. It’s a choice not force

That true mate

Duh…do you have anything constructive to say or nothing at all…I don’t need any trolls

Loads of trolls here. And most of them have made diddly squat.

2 Likes

Do the same strategies work on volatility in

dices?

That’s a double bottom and from the chart, the trend line has been broken but it’s still a losing trade for me. That’s volatility 25. It’s frustrating

This isn’t the first time it has happened. In fact, I’d lost more than I’d gained on the double top and bottom strategy. I use these strategies because I find all the analyses of charts complicated so, I just chose what’s simple and easy to identify since it’s profit I’m after.

As you see on higher timeframe there isn’t that much to analyze like lower timeframe because the candles just move slower (of course price keeps his speed, no matter which TF you watch), so you won’t get that much confused and by following the trend you do many things right :grin: the other point is that on higher TF support and resistance are more likely to hold. Everything lower than H4 isn’t that strong. On D1 S/R are really good, on W1 they that strong to stop even extremely strong trend but well I have to confess that I hate W1 and I don’t really use it

Is this another way of saying that this whole fuss about double bottom and double top strategies are garbage? They seem to be among the most popular and talked about strategies I’ve come across.

1 Like

@olanz0 That’s quite harsh

True! Sometimes it becomes hard to get the right entry.

These double bottoms and double tops are created to trick you yes.

You have to pay attention to the overall price structure. That chart is clearly in a strong downtrend, and you’re going against it. If you’re trading double tops or bottoms then pick a chart where price is ranging.

Price structure on higher TF’s will win out over patterns or any indicators most times, and there’s a much higher chance of a trend continuing than reversing.

1 Like

The weekly S&R are strong but produce wide swings inside its zone and can take forever to build the momentum to reverse…if one is able to sustain the huge swings they can be successful in riding a long trend

1 Like

This is so true, but requires a lot of patience to hold your trades for several days at a time which can be really frustrating sometimes.