Finding Consistency

Lol! Nice… How you been?

How much is that boat/yacht? Sent me quote for budgetary purposes :slight_smile:

Good to hear from you.

That one is 62million euro, 1million euro to charter for 10 days! Has it’s own jet engine to get around in a hurry, lol

If that’s the case, forget about buying a luxury car… just buy a boat/yacht. I’m always in a hurry lol …sounds like a good plan :wink:

Hi PipNRoll!

Great to hear from you, and your news are good (60% account profit is a monster)!!

The $500 live account should keep you busy :wink:

I would like to trade thar millions

What happened to Leg0nd?

How is PipNRoll? We miss her on here…

You are so sweet…

Cancun was great! Going on a cruise to Bahamas tomorrow :slight_smile: no trading for me. I’ll be back next year…
I already lock in my profits for the year of 60% plus another 20% from my second mini account.

I will spend more time , for the rest of the year, studying and reviewing my trades to see what I need to improved on so I will be ready for next year… I still have a lot to do.

I hope you are doing well as well… Thank you! :wink:

Hello!!!

Wonderful to hear you are back!!!

Did you enjoy your holiday?

It shows your wisdom, not trading for the rest of the

year to protect profits… Respect

Hedge funds are averaging 12% returns… You beat

them fivefold!!

Are you tempted to demo trade, just to keep active?

I still do, on my original

account :slight_smile:

It was a great trip! It was actually my 3rd time going to Cancun. I will try other locations next year to explore and try other resorts. Funny how I am now " forcing myself" to take my vacations days left for the year otherwise I will lose it.

Yes, indeed. It was my goal from the beginning this year. I was actually aiming for surviving my account or atleast 20% this year but it turn out, I can do better and not to mention I am only trading part time. I don’t use Demo. Both of them are real money. With the profits I have had, I can now add more funds to my capital. I will keep adding more capital when I am making profits so it will grow faster these way…it is better to add more capital when you are making money not when you are losing. I will be more cautious if I am losing…it’s my view anyway. Everyone is different. This is how I want to run my own business…

PS: Remember the Quotes that says " There is no elevator to success. You have to take the stairs."?

Well, this is one of those example…In trading, I didnt see any “stairs”… so I need to build it from the ground up!

what account size do you hope to eventually have? and what % return would you make you happy based on that account size?

vacations are nice though :slight_smile:

Hi quick pipslip,

Good to hear from you. Account size, 50k would be nice to start to build until I reach 100k. I was thinking when I reach the 100k, I will stop adding funds and let it grow from there. I will not withdraw any of my profits until I am working full time but we shall see how it goes next year and the years to come. I have a long ways to go. Rate of return every year, if I can repeat my performance this year to next year that will be great. But you know what though, I am happy what I have right now. I will see what I can do next year…

I am more focusing on the progress and continuous improvement on my trades and as a trader. The results is the end product of the progress and improvement…

Vacation is always nice :slight_smile: after months of hard work, it’s time to just sit back and relax, re coup then start over again…

[B]Hello PipNRoll…

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

How is the trading going for you so far, this second week of 2015?

What are you planning?

F[/B]

Hi PipMeHappy!

Happy New Year to you too…
Plan for this year? My target will be 60% same of what I had last year but I don’t mind if I make more :slight_smile:

How about you?
Thanks!
Sheryl

Hi pipnroll,

I have been trading for seven years and reading these forums for most of that time. This is my first post and I joined today to tell you that I believe you have the exact mindset that it takes to be a successful trader. I have read many times you say your goal is 2% p/m and heard countless prople tell you that you can make way more than that and why do you even bother doing it for that return blah blah blah. When I first started I wanted to double my account every few months and I had dreams of being an overnight millionaire and what I actually accomplished was wiping out an embarrassing amount of accounts in my first couple of years. It wasn’t until I learned that consistency is the key and not going for the “big wins” that I became profitable. And when I say consistency I don’t mean winning trades, I mean consistency in sticking to your system, consistancy in your money/risk management and consistancy in not losing money. If you can take care of those things, profits look after themselves (so to speak) In 2014 I averaged 3.8% p/m and while that doesn’t have me flying around on helicopters and living on yachts like I once dreamed of, it does have me working from home with no boss and spending way more time with my family than I ever could in a 9 - 5 job.

Anyway, didn’t mean to rant on so much, just wanted to say congrats on 2014 and I think you are doing a great job

Hello Never risk it all! ( an appropriate user name by the way ;))

Welcome to BabyPips! It really means a lot to me that your very first post is to say that… It makes my heart warm and fuzzy :slight_smile:

Yep, I remember it really well when they told me before that why I should waste my time if I am “only” making less than 20% or even if my current one at 60%. My question is why not? I didn’t see it as a waste of time at all specially if my experience does far is at the minimum level of less than 5years. I am still learning and still in a process of continues improvement. Why do we always have to " rush" everything. We are not in a race, there is no expiration date or a " deadline" that we need to meet.We are freely to take our time and work through this in our own phase. Can we produce more? Absolutely! Through experiences, knowledge, and time we can…

Until then, keep learning and focus more on the process not on the money while having fun doing it. Know yourself and do what is best for you and for family…

I am glad to hear that you now spend more time with your family :slight_smile:
I wish you the best as well… Thanks so much…

Finding consistency is not easy, no one can achieve it in some number of days if we talk about forex trading. There are a lot of things that comes up almost every day and you have to cope with them along side your practice. So remain calm and patience and keep on working hard.

Being consistent in trading is very tough, there are many experienced traders but still they do make wrong moves, if you are consistent even if you are making marginal profits then i think its good.

Being a proactive trader than reactive can help to maintain consistency…

Proactively knowing what is going on in the market specially the fundamental aspect of it not just in a Technical side can anticipate what will occur in a given day or weeks or months. Proactively plan out the worse case scenario and where to exit out on the winning/losing trade.
Though, there are times that it is beyond our control but most of it can be avoided when we plan for it or response to it rather than reacting…

I needed to practice more of being proactive…