Finding Consistency

XD I get what your are sayin. Im not making a new fxbook just to “restart.” Me and moneynvrsleeps are having a little macro account competition on the side lol. My system is going to stay the same, we are each just going to start with fresh stats in a new my fx book. It’s going to be fun :slight_smile: each if us are starting with just $20 lol

Oh haha! can you even buy a beer with the profit lol… funny. I see you and Money…Looks like a good team :slight_smile:

Lol. He made a valid point the other day, Marco til you got it all figured out. Precisely what I am doing. I may have 2 years of trading experience… But I shouldn’t have ever gone as big as I did in the past until I was ready for it lol. No worries, I will be in a few months! The more money I put in, the more my risk will come down. Today I kinda screwed up… but I am supposed to be acting like I only have $10 in my account instead of $20 :). Tomorrow and my new FX book… I will be sure to follow my rules. Hope you are still doing great :wink:

i’ve been in a usd/cad trade since march 31st and price is just dillydallying around inciting feelings of hope and despair as one minute it looks like price is taking off then an hour later it is swinging millimeters away from my stop loss.

whether the report be good or bad,

the canadian dollar must weaken against the dollar. or it’s back to the drawing board for me…

if the Canadian dollar ends up getting stronger and going lower than 1.00009 [by my broker] then my calculations are wrong. but if the canadian dollar weakens and price shoots up then i shall rejoice and hold onto my winning trade for many days to come…

I only traded major pairs since I started trading. As you can see in myfxbook… you wont see any cross pairs or exotic pairs. I stick to major once. USD/CAD is very least I trade. For some reason, I like the EUR/USD the most (I know the most volatile and liquid pair!). Especially for NFP I like to trade this pair… I just wanted to get in and get out of the trade as quickly as possible lol… USD/CAD is to slow for me and I am not sure how this pair responded well to NFP. I havent tried to trade it for NFP…

Good-luck tomorrow…

Hate to break it to yeah but EJ is more volatile and liquid than eu. I started in eu :wink:

I guess so…but how much is the spread for EJ?

Broker dependent ;). Usually around 1.8-3 pips for me. Not that much greater than EU. But she moves way more than eu. Used to be 300 pip moves where very common. She has slowed down a little but she still has over a 100 pip daily avg. that trade I placed the other day and took 70 I could have taken 110 or 120 :slight_smile:

I see… sounds reasonable. I just dont like paying so much spread thats why I stick to major pairs but I didnt really look other crosses that much really. I was focusing more to get to know each pair… Hmmm interesting, I might check those out…Thanks.

[QUOTE=“PipNRoll;617972”]I see… sounds reasonable. I just dont like paying so much spread thats why I stick to major pairs but I didnt really look other crosses that much really. I was focusing more to get to know each pair… Hmmm interesting, I might check those out…Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Be careful. Ej will burn you. So will some of the other “exotics,” “crosses,” and “com dolls.” I know you like your fancy jargon lol. :slight_smile:

On the bright side, now I don’t discriminate against all my beautiful women (I had/have female nicknames for all the pairs i watch). By limiting your scope, you limit your capability, lose out of possible opportunity. A good system or set of rules should be diverse I think and shouldn’t be limited to just one or two pairs ;). After the first year of trading of course. I understand the only trade one pair for a while theory. But at some point my first statement will really hit home.

I didn’t invent those fancy jargon. It’s already made up and I am surprise you didn’t learn those in “Preschool” lol.

As I still evolving and continue on to improved my trades, yes I am to the point now to learn new things and other pairs. Yes, the possibility is unlimited as far as trading goes but there are still other things that you just can’t learn or trade because it’s not what you are comfortable with or suits you but it doesn’t hurt to try either :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=“PipNRoll;617976”]I didn’t invent those fancy jargon. It’s already made up and I am surprise you didn’t learn those in “Preschool” lol. As I still evolving and continue on to improved my trades, yes I am to the point now to learn new things and other pairs. Yes, the possibility is unlimited as far as trading goes but there are still other things that you just can’t learn or trade because it’s not what you are comfortable with or suits you but it doesn’t hurt to try either :)[/QUOTE]

Lol I’m more interested in making money than learning outdated conventional wisdom O.o. The basics are necessary yes. But outside the school. I’m just pointing out you have potential. EU is nice, but there are many many slow days in EU. Not that you have to only trade “fast days” per say. Just opening your eyes a lil if you thought EU was really the most volatile and liquid xD.

Arvo peoples , things ae bit quiet on xau usd with "Go Markets " , ive done the curriency thing for cpla yrs lost heaps (churns to stops on woops better not say ) found current broker , no churns no spikes dma I went back to basics every deal .01 stop loss last high and TP 80 pips (30) spread …built a/c to point now doing .05 most times sometimes .1 but if lose go back to lower deal size … working well , daily chart 1st point of call for major trend direction, then 4hr or 1hr … down to 1 min WHEN im in profit on a run with trend ,no trades against the daily trend ever ,hard to stick to , but the risk is so much bigger its just not worth risky heard earned … remember “small fish are sweet” cheers Q

usd/cad is now in a very weak technical position by multiple methods of analysis. if it actually ends up strengthening and tanking down tomorrow i’m going to have to question my whole methodology.

results of the NFP report, really is not important.

if it were as simple as a currency weakens when major news was bad and strengthens when major news is good then half of babypips would be millionaires by now.

usd/cad is in such a position that either slightly worse than expected NFP news/average NFP news/ or better than average NFP should send the pair upwards. it will just get there somewhat slower if the news isn’t so good, and maybe dip a little first on news release then in the hours after start going up …weather the report be good or bad several days from now the end result will still be same. usd/cad should have weakened [price should have gone up]

tp is set for 1.12936
yes that is not a typo 1.12936

[at time of writing price is at 1.10285]

it should get there within a couple of weeks according my analysis [infact it should exceed it significantly before a pullback starts]

the news results really is not that important.
If the NFP results was poised to be way worse than expected i do not think usd/cad would be in the position it is in now.

ofcource, i could be wrong tommorow …lol,

but i wish you best of luck on any pairs you decide to trade.

Have a look at USD/CHF at nfp today - usually when there is a spike in the wrong direction on Fibre the spike in this pair is much less, so possible to have that little tighter of a stop.

Impressive results PipNRoll! Given your trade count it’s a bit tough to say it will always perform this way, but I hope it does. Good luck!

Hello ‘defiance 888’,

the USD/CAD is at the bottom of a channel, having tested resistance several times in the past few days, and this pair could certainly break to the downside, but of course, nothing is a certainty in Forex…

Here is a thread by libertysilver about USD/CAD, which you may or may not be interested in reading and replying to:

http://forums.babypips.com/forextown/62716-any-body-trading-usdcad-gold.html

Good luck today.

Times like this I wish I have 5 smart phones!

oh no …lol

looks like i was wrong about usd/cad,

that sucks, it’s back to the drawing board i guess. i had a winnining trade [which was doing very well on the eur/gbp i took last week] based on the same principles as the usd/cad one …so i just closed out that one, just incase. still though, hasn’t been a negative month for me as that other trade more than made up for my losses here.

but im still bummed about the usd/cad though. damn…