For those who have mentors, how did you find them?

Definitely! :open_mouth: There are lots of free and easily accessible stuff online, and it just takes a little bit more time to get your hands on them. :confused: But, since I was a newbie also not too long ago, I also kinda understand why many still depend on mentors. :confused: I guess it’s also because they’re in a rush to earn? Which could eventually ruin their progress. :frowning:

1 Like

Hmmm. :thinking: That’s an interesting way of putting it. :open_mouth: I guess that’s also another reason why some people need mentors. But then again, there are a lot of available systems shared by people for free that could be adapted to suit their own trading style. :thinking:

I personally haven’t had any experiences with the programs you shared, but I checked out their websites and just confirmed that they are out of my price range. :sweat_smile: Hmm. If you don’t mind me asking, how long have you been learning to trade? :slight_smile: Any particular reason why you chose these three programs? :blush:

Oh yeah! :open_mouth: Actually, now that I think about it, a trading buddy or a guide among your real-life friends would be nice to have. :open_mouth: You’d have someone to confide in, and somehow, you’re sure that they won’t just scam or betray you. :thinking:

Definitely agree! :blush: I mean, if they’re here in babypips anyway, might as well go to the school and start there! :smiley:

If that’s the case, then I’m veeery happy for you. :blush: Like you’ve said, it’s pretty rare to really get a trustworthy mentor who will go through the process with you. :open_mouth: I think you are one of the very few lucky ones! :blush: Haha. Are you still being mentored currently? Or is there a typical duration for the mentorship? :blush:

Hmmm. :thinking: That’s interesting and I guess, a different way to go about it! :open_mouth: So you used to have multiple mentors when you were just starting out? Did you pay for their services and would you say you got your money’s worth? :open_mouth:

Hahaha! :blush: At least you knew him beforehand! :smiley: How did he finally convince you to start trading forex? :smiley: And is he still mentoring you today?

Well. :sweat: I guess that’s really part of it when you’re trying to find a reliable and credible mentor. But I’m happy you found one! :smiley: When did you know that you’re ready to trade without the guidance of your mentor? :blush:

ACTUALLY HAHA I think I’ve received a few messages here when I was still starting out. :sweat_smile: But I’m glad that when I checked out their profiles and posts, they looked very scam-y so I sensed the red flags right away. :sweat_smile: And of course, I saw a lot of people here saying that it’s better to self-study rather than rely on a mentor. :smiley:

That’s trueee. :blush: Haha. I guess I survived without a mentor until today because I had people here helping me out and giving me suggestions and all that. :blush:

Aww. :blush: That’s niceee. :blush: It just takes a little more time and effort to go about it without a mentor, but it’s definitely possible! :blush: If you don’t mind, are you already trading live? :smiley:

Definitely! :open_mouth: A lot of the scammers target the newbies so if there are any newbies out there reading this thread to find their own mentor, be very very careful. :open_mouth: And don’t be afraid to ask here also!

ONce I was profitable on demo for a decent amount of time

1 Like

I paid for one mentor. That is what kickstarted me with market maker trading. Was it good? Lol no, but it did help me to get to where I am now. At least I got to learn market maker basics. Afterwards I followed a group where they share analyses and I studied them. They did not do any mentorship, but at least they had great material I could study. Afterwards I studied by myself. Now just improving with my own team.
If I could join ICT his personal mentorship, I would. However he has stopped accepting students.

1 Like

A mentor can be anyone who helps you to grow your forex account and educates you to do so. However, no mentor can teach you as much as your own losses can. With that being said, in such a fast-paced and dynamic market, you just can’t stop learning, as it mentors you as it goes along.

1 Like

I did not have any mentors. I started on my own. Although I tried to find a mentor in the beginning of my trading days, I couldn’t find any genuine mentor. So I started by myself.

Thank you! Currently I’m still being mentored, but the usual duration is 1 or 3 months. Luckily, I still have one month left

How long did it take you on demo? :blush: So sorry if I keep asking questions! :smiley: I’m just very interested and I also want other people to see that there are still some success stories with mentorships. :smiley:

Oooh. That’s interesting. :open_mouth: At least it somehow helped you get a good grasp of the basics. :open_mouth: For your mentorship though, did you do one-on-one sessions where you reviewed and discussed your trades? Or was it more like you followed his strategy and system? :thinking:

I’ve heard a lot about ICT! :open_mouth: I just never got the chance to actually interact with him. :frowning: But, what do you think makes his mentorship different from the others, to the extent that you’re still interested to join his personal mentorship now? :open_mouth:

That’s a great perspective on losses. :sweat_smile: Haha. In a way, they’re also mentoring you and it seems like I’ve had quite a long list of mentors in my trading journey. :sweat_smile: