For those who have mentors, how did you find them?

He had recorded videos and those are the ones I studied. There was no one-on-one session, which honestly frustrated me. His videos were not all too clear looking back to it. That time I was studying BTMM.

Cause his system is abnormally good in my experience. I also have heard a few things from his personal students. I am helping a few how to make money based on ICT his system. Imagining how much they and I can improve by having the top guy as a mentor is exhilarating lol.

1 Like

I think it would be wrong to say that all the mentors are scammers. There might be few who are genuine mentors. But it is always good to be careful while picking one.

1 Like

I still demo now :slight_smile: along with live trading. I probably did 6 months demo but crammed a lot into those months.

1 Like

It is not necessary to have mentors for the trading. Instead, you can make your own strategies and learn about the demo account more and more. Learn the basics of trading while doing demo trading. In this way, you will add value to yourself and learn as well.

Keeping a mentor is good because it’s a support, new traders hardly catch the market movement and as a result they can’t bear a good amount of profit. So, it can be a good option for them.

I am a self-learner. Having a mentor, on the other hand, is always a plus. I’d be delighted to be mentored if the opportunity arises

Mentors aren’t that important for trading. In my view, Focusing on enhancing your trading knowledge and then making decisions based on what you think is right will be fruitful I think.In forex, you should never stop learning.

2 Likes

Having a mentor is bliss but if you don’t have one, you can develop your own strategy while practising with a demo account. Follow the best traders on the internet, explore and learn their strategies.

i dont have any Mentor but i believe the importance of that. right now in online so many Mentors are available and most of them are found to be scams.

With perseverance, luck and lots of research. Too bad many out there are scammers.
Doing this all on your own is an overstatement. Lots of things we learn from others. Even the support and resistance basics you learn here on Babypips.

An interesting question would be: Who became profitable on their own?

All my students sent me a dm. Its not that hard to find pros willing to teach. Just gotta be humble enough to ask and brave enough to trust the process until you hit paydirt

Doing it alone is rough. Not the ideal way to spend your youth, ask someone claiming to know for help, if it doesnt work out remain encouraged on your hunt for a teacher

1 Like

Having a mentor isn’t necessary in trading, and I don’t have one either. I began my trading journey on my own because I am a firm believer in self-learning. Imo, you can develop your own strategy while learning more about the fundamentals of Forex.

1 Like

So you became profitable on your own? If so, well done.

Youre lucky you made it, after having stacked the odds against yourself

I would also like to know about those traders who have mentors because I have never had one. A lot of people have approached me saying that they will teach me trading but none of them seemed to be an experienced trader.

I don’t have any forex trading mentor and moreover it is very hard to trust someone in a world full of scams. I’ve read books, online blogs, and also opted for an online trading course from Udemy and Babypips and practiced a lot on demo.
Imo, it is better to join a forex forum and learn and ask doubts from traders than having a mentor.

Hmmm. :thinking: So it was more like watching traders on YT more than anything else. :thinking: I understand that would be frustrating, especially since you can’t immediately ask some of the things that were confusing to you at the time. :thinking:

Oh wow. :open_mouth: Such high praises! It’s making me even more curious. :thinking: If I don’t have the means to pay, how would you suggest I find out more about this system? :open_mouth:

Of couuurse! :blush: I don’t think I said that all mentors are scammers. :sweat_smile: I know there are still good ones out there and I just wanted to know how people were able to find them. :sweat_smile:

That’s nice! :blush: Since it’s free, having a demo account is always a good thing. :stuck_out_tongue: Hahah. 6 months seems like a reasonable amount of time so I’m happy it worked out for you! :smiley: