Forex and stock, which is more profitable?

Hey guys am new here and glad to be here, I believe this should be arguably the best forex related forum. Been meaning to come here for a while now and finally am here.
I look forward leaning from you guys, and quick question; forex and stocks which is more profitable?

1 Like

I only trade forex as I am relatively new to the trading arena.
That said I know a stock trader that is up40% in stock already this year.
and I know a few forex traders that do 30+ percent regularly.
So I have to say that it depends on the trader.

1 Like

It all depends on personal preferences.

Forex market is more newbie-friendly and affordable. It is much easier to open Forex account, and there are more different tools created specially for Forex traders (like Forex Tester, backtesting software).
At the same time, the non-market risks for stocks are much lower (due to the regulated market nature).
So, the stocks trading could be the next step after Forex

It all depends who is trading it I guess.

1 Like

It is difficult to choose either any of them. Profit and loss depends on several factors. And it could be different for both forex and stocks. I guess stock trading is less risky and profitable as compared to forex. But again, it is all about your preferences.

1 Like

There is no such comparison since both come from different regions with certain differences in nature. But yes, if you have short of amount or some limitations to start business in centralized market or if you want more flexibility then forex is better for you.

some major different there is between Forex and Stock market , so its difficult to ensure which is more profitable , i trade only Forex and i think it can be easier to bring good profit if anyone can observe all inevitable part of trading with patience.

Structurally, there are differences between the choices -

For stocks - Owning shares entitles you to a dividend payment (though this requires actual ownership and holding for longer periods than most traders are happy with)

For stock indices - As weaker index members are removed and stronger companies introduced, the index’s numerical value tends to increase over time (though this can again mean longer holding periods than most traders are happy with). This is maybe the only tradeable instrument that has an inherent upwards buoyancy: note that the member stocks themselves have no inherent buoyancy.

1 Like

Forex trading and stock trading are completely different from each other. In my opinion the Forex is more for the short-term investments and Stock are seen as long-term investments.
For Forex trading you should be very much active in other economy.
So in general, it depends on your personal preferences.
Both markets have their advantages and disadvantages.

Well said, it is based on individuals and the the investments. What you make out of either of them will determine what result you will get.

Stock markets are much more popular and have been more profitable in the past. But now that the monetarism model is developed the Forex has much larger capacity for profit because the markets are wildly distorted and irrational.

There is no correct answer to this question. Each market is different story and profitability depends only on traders knowledge and skills. Each market is equally profitable and equally not

Lots of different scenarios to consider such as leverage, liquidity, risk and others, but “generally” to me without a doubt it’s forex.

This is such a good question with the such a bad answer of basically it depends on who you are.

1 Like

I would say the forex market is more profitable due to higher volatility.

1 Like

strange, but I would have the opposite opinion to many. I find stocks (CFDs or indices) easier to trade & have a 17 - 20% monthly return. I have ‘dabbled’ with forex (and then only futures) on occassion but have not yet really acclimatised myself to the volitility nor the political influences on forex.

It is all matter of interest and knowledge to which business you like most it will give you positive feedback. I personally having no experience of stocks , I feel it would be difficult as well as I can not do it as a part time. With forex I am easy , it is haome based part time business . It is also started with small investment and traders can a mange accounts with some efforts to learn forex properly.

In the UK, we don’t pay tax on forex earnings, so it’s much better than stocks or CFDs.

Im not sure thats correct?

In Forex, there are no gaps such as in the stock market. I am interested in the stock market, but sometimes it falls, and will not save any stop orders. The stock market has a wide variety of instruments, a wider choice. In Forex, in fact, one dollar moves in pairs with other currencies. You always trade the dollar. Therefore, it makes sense to trade only one pair in Forex.