Forex Challenge: Can you make a living from trading via prop firm FTMO?

Don’t you find the spreads to big at FTMO? I had the inspiration to take the Free Trial now to find out that the spread for AUDCHF is 10 pips. For EURAUD the same. Really?

You might be looking at the pips wrong. The mt4 is sometimes in micro-pips. So audchf isnt 17 pips its 1.7 pips. Ftmo lmax may be 1 pip and then commission is $3 per lot which is good too. Have a look at below: purple trading stp account.

Very nice good luck with trial. I got from 2 weeks drawdown but i check what was wrong and now i Will fix that.

2 Likes

hey guys ,

just wanna update my journey with ftmo after the first month of trading for them .
i had a shitty start to be honest broke some of my rules , experienced some overtrading here and there …and was down around 600 euro …i refocused and slowly coming back into my"zone" … was able to make up the 600 + around 50 on top …so the journey can continue into the second month

will keep you posted how it looks like then

all the best to everyone who trying the challenge and congrats to those who passed and hopefuly can make some good dollars …

Attached Images (click to enlarge)

Click to Enlarge Name: 1.png Size: 7 KB Click to Enlarge Name: 2.png Size: 9 KB

Well done mate. Two important things to note.

1. Ending the month positive. Progress is progress.
  2. You can get your original fee refunded. So essentially you have a free funded account.

Keep up the good work and keep us posted.

@bjuadams
How are you getting on?

1 Like

If the spread of FTMO is much wider then definitely not. I would prefer a broker with low transaction costs as to get more profits in my pocket. Lower spreads are more cost- efficient.

Hello,

I find the concept of FTMO interesting, I tried the Trial and completed it in 3 hrs. I will be signing up for the challenge soon.

The mentality of trading a bigger account feels different but as long as you have the basics and good money management then I think it could be a good partnership.
I have been trying to find info on people actually making money and how long they are trading without breaking the rules not many out there only cherry picked interviews.

I am by no means a professional trader still learning daily but if they give you the challenge money back then its a win win.

Thanks

1 Like

Maxim draw down is 10% on 100,000 USD = 10,000 that means the actual amount your trading is 10,000 USD NOT 100,000 as the remaining 90.000 USD doe’snt exist.

Therefore the so called 5% on the 100,000 is actually 50% of the 10,000 USD you can actually trade. So the FTMO Challenge that requires 10% in one month is actually 100% of the 10,000 USD you can use for the Challenge.

It’s a slight of hand, If I gave you a credit card with a 100,000 USD credit facility and you pay me 500 usd for the facility however, if at any time you withdraw more than 5000 usd on the day or 10,000 overall that credit facility get’s locked off and the account is closed. Then you never had a 100,000 in the first place but 10,000 minus the 500 you paid for the privilege. Shall be doing a video on this soon. Once Baby pips allows me to do so.

It all depends on the type of trading one does. Scalping it becomes highly relevant but swing trading less so, IMHO.

Im gona try the challenge on 31st August. Let you guys know how I get on.

I’m definitely gearing up for giving it a shot. I figure I can trade using .5% risk and going for a 1:2 or 1:3 RR. $500 risk per trade and 1k to 1.5k TP. If you can get 10% a month, you can make a pretty decent living. There are guys on this discord I’m on who are living off of FTMO trading.

Yeah, you can get a 300k account aswell by stacking 3x100k accounts.

10% pm = €30000
-30% FTMO share $9000
You would get $21000 pm.

Plus they add on 25% each quarter if you decide to grow your account as per their scaling plan!

second month ended in green …up into the next :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Very nice! But why did you hide your profits?

thanks mate … i think its legit to make the money i withdraw privat :wink:
just wanted to show that the company really pays…cause some guys doubt that

Hopefully il be on the same boat, I start my challenges on Monday

1 Like

Hoping to start my challenge next week!

1 Like

Leverage and margin :slightly_smiling_face:

My FTMO Challenges Passed One - Failed One

It seems just another clone of topsteptrader

You pay to dream to be a trader.

The best ways to make moeny with trading:

1. selling courses (digital content so no fixed costs)
  2. organizing contests

They set some impossible conditions to meet and you pay to run like a hamster in the wheel.