Forex Challenge: Can you make a living from trading via prop firm FTMO?

Bit of an update ,I have passed 2 Challenges, moving onto Verification. Hopefully I can stay in profits for the Long run. Once I get my first month in Profit I will go for the final 3rd account making a total of £210k

1 Like

Nice one mate! Im on my second attempt at the moment

Good news!

Update to the update :slight_smile:

I have passed one verification and failed one verification. The Volatility killed my stop loss even thou it was set below my daily limit it broke pass soo much it killed me on the spread. I take responsibility for that as I shouldn’t have traded so close to my daily loss, lesson learned I will only trade up to 50% of my daily limited to leave a bigger spread killer.

I will take the first month of my FTMO account easy taking only one trade a day of 0.5% of £70,000 which is £350, I would like my first month to be positive to get back the £500 fee. After that the gloves are off. Will probably go for the other accounts in Jan. Good luck everyone doing the challenge, risk management is the key to passing.

2 Likes

This thread is really interesting to follow and I am also thinking of trying the challenge myself once I find the strategy I can work with for the long term

@SMooc stick to your 50% of your daily limit. I’m happy you passed the challenge. Preparing for a new 1 myself.

Is the offer still on?

If you take a challenge between 1st Dec and 29 Dec, FTMO are giving you an extra 10 days. So im gona start a new one on the 29th.

I traded their free trial but MT4 freeze every couple of minutes after 9:30 am ET.
Anyone had this problem?

I don’t find any

Proper money management and trading discipline can be used to trade peacefully.

Hi Liam,
to be fair, that was not the point :slight_smile:
Let’s say that, with your strategy, you can make twice your expected maximum annual drawdown. Already a result that would be impressive and very hard to achieve in the long period.
If you pass the challenge and get $50K, but your maximum drawdown can only be $2,500, you can expect to make $4K-5K a year because of the constraints you have on the drawdown.
This is what I meant.

By the way, I have also started a challenge on FTMO for the $100K. I created a topic here on Babypips: FTMO $100K Challenge: My journey

2 Likes

Yes, you are right I think trading profit depends on money management and risk management.

1 Like

Hi Truman congratulations first of all on your funded account. I would love to ask how you earned it please help me, am also trying the challenge

1 Like

hey mate …just check my 3 older threads to see the different parts of my approach i dont want to spam the thread here
. but be aware there is NO get rich quick stuff it all takes time and countless hours of work and training …you can also dm me if u like

somehow my first answer was flagged by the mods dont know why …

Hi @tradeforex077
Any update about your adventure with FTMO ?

Alright bro, no I didnt pass ftmo. The 10% aim gave me trouble. I spent the last 6 months or so researching and watching YouTube videos and reading books to learn new material and find if I can add it to my trading to get the higher % but safely and consistently. Im thinking of trying FTMO again sometime. They increased the max account to $400k funded account so business is going well lol. How about you? Did you try it?

1 Like

If you reach 5% loss in the funded account it means either your strategy or risk management is not good. If you trade with your own 5k account and lose all of it, it means you’re gambling.

Money and risk management are seen in percentage not capital.

Funded account according to me is a bad decision mate.

Maybe for you. But for others who cant save money it’s a good idea. For eg, for ~$600 you get an account for 100k or 10k with leverage depending on how you look at it. Either way you’ve got more than you put in. Then if you are profitable you get the original $600 back. So now you have money for no input. The important thing is one being able to afford it and second to be able to hit the requirements.