Forex Education - How long does it take?

Learning has no end and we had to make and follow trading knowledge with the full discipline to gain control in live trading. At least three to four month is needed to understand the basics of Forex trading and it also depends on us how long can we take to understand and generate some successful strategies so our main objective should be learning.

How long does it take to learn Forex ?

Much like Poker really. "15 minutes to learn, - a lifetime to master "

1 Like

100% agree with you , there is no ending of Forex trading , even successful trader cant stop learning even though they can make profit with consistency. so, its a big challenge to survive in here.

Learning is a continuous process. They always say practice makes perfect. The more you learn the more you are skillful in the trading. So, there is no time limits to learning.

The long one is doing practice on trading he is connected to learning process. He will learn new things . Basic learning require some months to understand forex business. As skill will come to trader he can feel difference in his thinking trading approach and analysis making . These things will easy for him.

Actually there are no end of learning. There is a say like from the birth to till death learn and learn. Forex is a vast trading market. Where various things need to apply for making profit. There are different methods and strategies. So if you are thinking about you will finished your forex learning in a fixed time you will disappoint soon. My suggestion is practice on the demo field till you satisfied. Where ever you stuck learn from different sources.

for me it was 1 month to learn the basics … 3 months to start implementing everything … 6 months to start doing my analysis with more confidence …but lucky i was having great education and awesome mentors and lots of time to learn :slight_smile: so now is one year and i make monthly profits and I learned a lot … BUT I still sometimes get emotional about money I have on my trading account :slight_smile:

and yes … i agree with others … NEVER STOP LEARNING <3

find mentors to help you … i did that :slight_smile:

learning depends on your abilities and dedication. You can learn very quickly if you are well dedicated towards your upcoming career. But I would suggest you not to hurry at all. You need to work stepwise as you have to implement the knowledge practically as well. So, best of luck!

You’re right about that. The issue is that some of the lessons you pay for are something you can teach yourself easily just by looking up the info. Also, you have those scammers out there that offer paid classes, but how do you know what they’re giving you is beneficial at all to you? A lot of trial and error is involved when you’re trying to reach true success.

that applies for a lot of things in life, like just cuz you can read doesn’t mean you understand what you’re reading lol

I think you can read it AND understand it, but still not be able to “Do it” - like cookery perhaps, you can read the ingredients, follow the method to the letter, but your home made bread will still sink ducks ! :unamused:

1 Like

100% Agreed. The paid lessons are rubbish for me. Think about that if the lessons do work why people do not go the the market make money but come to you trying to selling it to you. Their behavior shows everything. Not hard to know by just think about that. However, for beginners, most lessons are quite useful, just do not expect to use them to be rick. LOL.

As far as I understand, there’s an unwritten rule that newcomers should trade train on demo account at least 5-6 months before they open a real account.

I think forex as any other profession require life-time education. You can’t learn something once and use all the time in current fast-changing world. Don’t underestimate the power of books. You can find good ideas even in old book. I can recommend reading such books about forex trading:
K. Lien’s "Day Trading the Currency Market"
L. Brothers "Foreign Exchange Training Manual"
A. Elder’s Come “Into My Trading Room”
T. Bulkowski’s “Encyclopedia of Chart Patterns”

2 Likes

as a newcomer , 5-6 months to trade in a demo account of course its an difficult task , i recommend just 2-3 months , because its sustainable.

Hi @TomCooper

You mean to say all newcomers will expert in forex with in 3 months ?

And in a day how much time to read about forex 1 - 2 hours … ?

it completely depends on trading situations and knowledge.

You really ought to make your mind up, Tom

[quote=“TomCooper, post:121, topic:115871”]
minimum 1 year have to pass in demo if anyone want to get good knowledge and experience from here[/quote]

1 Like

Wow. What a crock this thread is. Only one correct answer as above.

It doesn’t take months or years to learn how to speculate. I can teach you in a minute.

You believe currency A will appreciate against currency B. So you go long.

If you believe it will depreciate you go short

Here endth the lesson. All you need to do now is master your belief.