Forex Education - How long does it take?

So, how come it took you years?

Nobody’s asking how long it takes to learn to speculate, the question is how long does it take to learn Forex.

Calm down old man. I’m still trying to master my own beliefs.

As for forex. Don’t particularly care why or how the market exist. As long as it exist, you and I can operate. Don’t need to understand it to speculate. Price goes up. Price goes down. It will never come around for a cup of tea or a game of quarts. We’re not going on a date and I’m certainly not buying a house with it.

I bet at home. I use my own funds. There are no rules for which I must follow.

Here endth the lesson.

Cheeky sod! I’m not the one quoting ancient, biblical text (btw, its spelt ‘endeth’ :slight_smile:

What is a game of quarts, not come across that before?

Quarts is a drinking game where you bounce America quarters of a table into a alcoholic beverage forcing someone else to drink the beverage. Probably know under many other names. Probably many other coin types used.

Game I used to love as a young’n. Not so much now I’m too an old man.

Forex is essentially forever learning but you can master the basics of trading in a few weeks and build upon that by continually practicing on a demo account, reading, and partaking in any trading educational opportunities you can find

1 Like

Forex market is a vast field and its knowledge is as deep as an ocean. You can not fully command on it even after several years of learning. You need to gain adequate knowledge time by time in order to win atleast 60% of your trades with the risk to reward ratio of 1:3.

High profit takers can not say now they had full command on forex they should not learn any more. Learning is a continuous process. I feel every loss gives you a lesson to learn how to lessen risk in trading . When you try to solve your problems and weakness you know new things to adop in trading.

I agree with you. Newbie traders nowadays think a little knowledge about trading is enough and often disregard Ebooks and video tutorials. Zero education translates to 100% failure.

[Post edited for a Forum Violation]

It takes years, in my opinion. It’s like getting another college or university degree.

You can’t expect to become successful in forex trading with only 3-4 months education. It takes years of education and experience to be a success. Just be patient and determined. I am sure you will be very successful in trading.

Yes, it takes time. But the sad thing is most newbie thinks three to six months demo trading will do the tricks. And when they realize it’s too late for some traders. Trading is a skilled based job. You can’t do it without being skilled.

Forex education should be the first priority of each one of us it doesn’t matter how long it may take once we got a basic knowledge of Forex trading it will be easy for us to determine the entry and exit point from risky Forex market. At least three to six month should be spent in a demo account to learn the basics of Forex trading that will help us in the real account for better trading results.

How long it takes to learn to trade should be assessed in number of trades, not hours or days or months, until consistently profitable.

That said, a basic but comprehensive strategy could be learned and understood in maximum 8 hours before placing any trades. If it can’t be understood in that time, its too dangerous to trade.

1 Like

Why eight hours exactly?

Just a personally familiar training / working period. For some people with some strategies, maybe 2 hours or 4 hours would be enough, but if a strategy takes longer than a day to understand, rule of thumb, its unworkable.

1 Like

Depends.

1. If you keep trying to do it on your own…years…decades

2. If you learn from someone with

• a Profitable Strategy
  • a Profitable Strategy on a Live Account
  • a Profitable Strategy with Returns that you also want/like

…then it will take a shorter time.

It can be fun and exciting learning how to build a car. But if you can simply buy it …and have no desire to open a manufacturing plant or become a mechanic…why bother??

Saves time energy and most of all…

MONEY

Duane
DRFXTRADING

1 Like

That makes sense, thank you for explaining.

i also think start learning is for more hours as trader should spend much time if he had to understand market, learning of trading with different aspects , using different pairs in trading. more than 6 hours should daily practiced to know market mood . Then he is able to get easy analysis and jus=dgment of trend .

Education is the only thing which can help you to become a successful trader. You can get knowledge about the forex market by reading the blogs, articles and posts related to the forex. You can also make a demo account before starting trade on a real account.

The only way you can push up your forex education is by putting in hard efforts and being consistent and dedicated. However my advice to you would be to take your time and don’t rush things. Learning takes time especially in forex since it can be a giant web of innumerable underlying factors and it’s best that you focus on building your knowledge rather than putting excessive focus on completing the entire process as quickly as possible because learning never really stops