Forex Growth Bot

Ok, upon researching this EA, it seems it can have periods of deep drawdowns. However, I have to admit it’s better than most EAs i’ve come across.

EA has worked for 17 March 2011 year, Result is not such good. 30% from when it works.

Hi I’ve noticed that it’s gone a bit quite on here,
I hope every one is doing really well with the FGB and can’t wait to read every one’s updates…

this may sound like a completely stupid question and if it does I’m sorry,
but I was chatting to some one and they starting talking about how some brokers actually don’t like it when you start to use a profitable EA/Bot
I would have thought that if your making money then so is your broker, so what would be the problem if you used a EA/Bot or not ? after all the more you make trade by trade the more they will make surely…
so I was wondering if you guys can explain to me why is it so important to stealth your bot ?!?!?!
and how you achieve that…
if it’s at all necessary…
I’ve never heard of it, just shows that I’m learning all the time…

cheers…

Ok, upon researching this EA, it seems it can have periods of deep drawdowns. However, I have to admit it’s better than most EAs i’ve come across.

Read more: 301 Moved Permanently

I’m glad you seem to have interest in this bot. I do agree there are some drawdown periods but she makes up for them fairly quickly. Also losing control of trades here and there gets old. Today I had 3 losers. all longs. They were -42, -21,-58 so today was crappy. The good news is I know she will rebound. I’m definately having an awesome month so far.

Hi I’ve noticed that it’s gone a bit quite on here,
I hope every one is doing really well with the FGB and can’t wait to read every one’s updates…

this may sound like a completely stupid question and if it does I’m sorry,
but I was chatting to some one and they starting talking about how some brokers actually don’t like it when you start to use a profitable EA/Bot
I would have thought that if your making money then so is your broker, so what would be the problem if you used a EA/Bot or not ? after all the more you make trade by trade the more they will make surely…
so I was wondering if you guys can explain to me why is it so important to stealth your bot ?!?!?!
and how you achieve that…
if it’s at all necessary…
I’ve never heard of it, just shows that I’m learning all the time…

cheers…

Read more: 301 Moved Permanently

One of the good parts about the cftc regulations is the broker transparency. I do notice oanda tends to have the highest % winning accounts.

Brokers can be unscrupulous but as long as you go with a regulated broker you should be fine. Definitly do research. One of my main accounts is with fxopen. They are decent so far. There execution is not the fastest but it works for me. I like the higher leverage and the hedging.

IBFX has the best execution times I have ever experienced so far. They are a fair broker I just hate the 50:1 leverage.

FGB seems to open several trades at the same time too late and closes them too early for a loss! “Buy at the Top” or “Sell at the Bottom”. I can probably do better than this manually! Glad this is on an AlpariUK micro account and there is a 60 day trial period. Hope the update fixes a few issues.

Brad,

I hope it turns around for you. Your comment reminds me of a friend of mine who called his broker “Buy high, Sell low.” It was funny, he’d call the guy that to his face… the broker never said anything because he didn’t want to lose his mid 6 figure account, but you could tell he hated it! lol.

Frickin amazing! AFTER dropping 50 pips it places 5 SELL orders only to retrace back up resulting in losses! This thing trades like a newbie!!! I’m turning this piece of crap off until the developer releases a fix.

hi, well I’m new here and in forex too (3 months)
I use some mentoring (quite good)
but I also bought this bot.
after couple of days I’m not happy, but I believe in long term is worth it…
just today 30min ago I start 5/64/1.9 and I will wait for result in next week
I use activ traders account and from couple of days thinkforex account.
they have free VPS when u deposit $2000,
at the moment thats too much for me and I’m not sure that they are fine (I’m mean they are not on black list or something)
any way I just wondering can U give me some link to cheap but good VPS,
I checked this thrust VPS ( i think from pippa), but I’n not familiar with VPS at all, so I do not know what do I need on it to work with forex.
I live in England, London

a lot of pips to all of us…
thanks

I just closed 4 trades at or around +46 so I am happy. fgb has erased all of last weeks losers and then some and its only sunday night.

Good Morning.

I am very new and very green to the Forex market. I am slowly learning and despite being overwhelming and a tad on the confusing side (okay, a lot on the confusing side :p), I am enjoying it. I’ve read through this entire thread and this bot looks quite interesting. I went ahead and acquired it last night but wasn’t able to activate it until this morning. I do currently have it running on a demo account but have yet to see a trade.

Anyway, In the activation email, they mentioned a new beta file.

[I]FYI: You can try beta with new activation. Beta includes another fix also
(Alpari position close fix, one undocumented feature, stable DLL fix).[/I]

I was just curious if anyone was running this beta version and if they saw a difference.

Regards,

NMowatt

no i havent tried the beta version.

fgb has opened 3 trades today. I’m a little piturbed because one of the trades is triple the lot size!!! I don’t line the way fgb does this sometimes. I am going to reduce my risk a little from now on. I was viewing 24 as an average s/l but the last two weeks the s/l has been around double that and now the triple risk factor I may cut my risk in half as an attempt to limit my exposure. Its all about conserving capital.

Personally, I think it’s best to stay away from beta software, ESPECIALLY if it’s risking your money.

Better to wait till the final release.

True; however, there are many testing the bot on a demo account. :wink:

Anyway, they released the new version this morning as a new release and not beta anymore. :smiley:

Yesh, but that’s just demo…

Fair enough.

Curious though, and please forgive my ignorance as I am quite new to this, but what is the difference testing demo vs. live? It would be the same settings with the same data, no? Wouldn’t the results be the same?

Demo trading is perfect, no errors ever happen, no slippage, requotes, instant exection. Live, on the otherhand, can be slow, error-ridden, trades can be rejected, platform can come to a halt, etc… Don’t assume that if things seem fine on demo, it’s fine on live. Always test live.

Having said that, the most accurate live reflection of a demo account I’ve seen is fxopen.

true, fxopen’s demo and live are good, but it’s not the only broker. dukascopy are also quite accurate.

some people have pointed me towards hotforex and I opened a demo and a live account. So far so good. I haven’t funded my account yet but I will be next week. I will set up fgb on that one too and see which broker does better for me.

this morning fgb has opened a short and by the looks of it I think she is right. Seems to be some nice selling pressure. You know how nfp fridays can go. I think eu will likely trickle down all day. Anyway as I type this fgb has opened a second short.

I’ll keep you posted. Maybe its time for her to earn back her small losses.

anyone tested on alpari UK