Forex Growth Bot

June was the 1st friday of the month…

Don't you guys know today was NFP day? Which means you shouldn't trade unless you plan on losing money. First Friday of every month you should switch your EAs off and take no trades. Consider it an extended weekend. 

Read more: 301 Moved Permanently

honetly today did suck for FGB but NFP days are usually stellar for this bot. Out of all the home runs she has hit and all the amazing days she has had I can attribute quite a few of them to NFP friday. Also this ea loves volatility.

And yes it buys at the top and sells at the bottom, it is looking for a trend to jump on thats how she trades. I still hold this ea in high regards. I wish it had more overall winners because that works better with my psychology but it is still a net winner and a very good ea.

Nobody expected such terrible numbers for today and the market did what it always does, over reacts. Look at eu it is a sideways market the daily is consolidated into a wedge pattern (or is it triangle?) Anyway it is making higher lows and lower highs. The 4 hour is sideways. This bot does a lot better in trendy markets. Also keep in mind it is summer trading and conditions are different so we may be stuck sideways till September.

Be nimble this bot is great but it is not the holy grail,we are and we alone are responsible for our accounts. Remember professional traders think in terms of what they can lose not what they can gain so if you are unsure or lack confidence in fgb than reduce your risk!

Anyway off my soapbox now. I do want you guys to know I feel your pain today did suck but it happens. I accept my loss as easily as my gain. I am comfortable with the risk I have put on with this bot.

You sir make a good point, but still, check the news for today :stuck_out_tongue: Non farm employment change and unemployment rate. I just saw Non farm lol.

The only measure of any EA is its ratio risk-profitability. Reduce risk = reduce profits.
I started this EA in the beginning of May (the worst month in the history of FGB, until today), and I am sorry to say that it is a tale of misery and woe. As it turned out some profit, I started to gain some confidence, but today I am back at square 1.
This EA behaves in an very erratic fashion, and I feel that I am betatesting this EA on a live account. Any EA which is able to destroy a two months’ profit in a single day, is banned from my MT4 session. I am not talking about large amounts tough, because I only used small lotsizes. Compared to my other EA (despised by other threads in this same forum because it is martingale), this EA poses a much bigger threat to my account.

didn’t trade the bot today… busy doing other things … won’t run it without supervision… guess that turned out to be a good decision…

Just closed for 250 pips… would have been 375 had I not intervened in the first sell @ .4143 (a little gun shy I guess after last friday…)
… 6 trades including one on eurchf . Last trade was at bottom of move & closed for -1 pip…

I also threw the bot on the eurchf but it only took 1 trade there but it was good for 45 pips.

this was using setting same as FGB indicator 3 50 1.5 however the bot did not trade exactly as the indicator placed arrows…

closed all trades manually as support on daily was coming into play…

Agreed. In my opinion, this must not happen! I am seriously considering to ask for a refund. I know that there are always loosing days, weeks and maybe months - but this bot looses so heavily I do not dare to let it trade a “serious” sized account. Not because of the loss, but because of the big loss - small win - combination. It does not fit my trading mind.

I have the exact same problem! Maybe I was overreacting in stating that this EA poses a big threat to my account, but like any investor I do not like uncertainty. I have an issue with the unpredictability of this EA. Does this EA have any built-in money management?
If the ony manner in keeping risk in check is by minimizing lot sizes, its MM is very poor.

The EA wins about 50% of the time meaning it loses the other 50%. The average win is 2x greater than the average loss. Typically my FGB takes about 40 pip losses and 80 pip gains. It’s not my favorite EA but it is net positive for me so far.

I would agree with HG. I can look at my live account and see string of losers all for smaller pip amounts. Then as it is set up to do, it hits a couple of nice waves and I see some big pip winners and once again the bot is positive for another week. Over all this bot is net positive for me as well but I do keep an eye on it.

Again, what it comes down to is what is the individuals trading style, MM skill, level of risk, and can you sit through drawdowns and wait for the win cycle to kick in again. There are traders that do very well with only 20-30% win rates, but their winners are huge. Lots of losers to get there. That style is not for me. I can handle about 50/50 win loss ratios at most. This bot definately is at the edge of my trading comfort zone but I am gaining confidence in it when it continues to produce positive weeks. I will continue to work with this bot until it no longer fits with my trading style and comfort zone.

Hi Fellas/Ladies,

My first post on babypips! I have been hanging around here for a month or so now doing a lot of reading and taking in as much info as I can (I am so hungry for Forex knowledge atm). I just bought and begin to run FGB on my demo account yesterday, 3 trades so far with 1 winner and 2 losers but overall a net profit. I have tried to back test FGB in my MT4 using the strategy tester (please excuse my newbness) and I get this error:
[B]
2011.07.12 22:09:31 TestGenerator: unmatched data error (high value 1.4516 at 2011.06.30 04:45 is not reached from the least timeframe, high price 1.4512 mismatches)
[/B]
I was wondering if anyone may be able to help me with what is causing this or what I am doing wrong? One other question I had was about brokers. I am living in the UK and am currently using a demo GFT account. I was planning to use ThinkForex in the future though as it is reccomended for this bot. Was just wondering if anyone has any experience of this broker or any general advice on this subject. Would think forex be suitable for WSFR as well as I understand that is a scalping EA?

Anyway thats enough with all the questions and brainpicking, as I said I am new to this forum and forex and have found some very useful information and help in this community. I am taking my time before I go live with anything and just trying to gain valuable experience. Thanks to johnykanoo as I have read through a few of his threads and have found them all very useful. Thanks to everyone else who contributes and makes this a great community as it seems to me so far :slight_smile:

Chris

The site at forexgrowthbot.com appears to be down. Anyone know what’s going on? Thanks.

I do not think so. I can go to their site and seems is working

Thanks, hoyt2004. I’m still having problems after trying different browsers, different computers (same connection, though), etc. I can load forexgrowthbot.[U]ORG[/U], and partially load forexgrowthbot.ORG/members, but I’m guessing this is an affiliate site. No problems with other sites, so I’d like to give FGB a call if someone would be kind enough to supply a telephone number. Thanks again.

Hi DiggerNow,
As far as I can tell .com and .org are the same site. I can log into the members area on both using my FGB login. Hope this helps

Here’s there email. <[email protected]> from there contact us page hereForex Growth Bot

Chris welcome to babypips I have no idea about that error. Maybe someone else will know and be able to give you an answer.

Anyway good luck with FGB

As for brokiers, I have been using fxopen with this ea and hotforex currenex for WSFR. I would highly recommend a hotforex currenex account. So far they have been awesome to deal with and my ea’s are running perfectly. I use scalpers with no problem, fifo not applicable, they let you trade how you want to. I definitely recommend them I’m fairly certain I will be switching FGB over to hotforex as well.

Chris your history you are running a backtest against is not current for the time frame you are testing.

Need to go to the history tab on MT4 platform and choose updated history for the currency and time frame you are using.

Thanks guys, I will have a look at hotforex for sure. Using a ThinkForex Demo account at the moment but only opened that this morning so will see how that goes too.

Thanks for the help there ejohnson you hit the nail right on the head I needed to download and refresh the historys in the right time frames throught the Data Centre. Got It going now :slight_smile:

A quick work on VPS’s ThinkForex offer a free VPS if you deposit 2500 or over. Was wondering if in anyones experience this is a good thing to do or is it best to keep your VPS independent of your broker incase you want to switch brokers at different times?

Oh and another piece advice I was wondering was what is a sensible amount of leverage to be using? Or what are the factors i should be considering to decide which amount of leverage to use. I want to be kind of conservative and protect my bank (as much as you can) rather than trying to hit home runs being over-leveraged and exposed in the market. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Chris

Can anyone tell me what their avg loss is in pips? Before mine were always around 40 pips but I just updated to 1.6 and it’s still in a trade, -60 pips… wondering if it forgot to close it or something lol