Forex MegaDroid

Checking out the Gallant site I think this might be exactly what i’m looking for. Does this work well with MD, i.e. does it pick up trades well compared to other brokers? It seems that people get different results depending on the broker, some picking up very few trades, and I do not want that.

I like Gallants results, you shouldnt have a problem. I am currently using a few different demos, but Gallant has been at least as strong as the others.
I dont run the same charts on several demos so I cant compare that way, but I have been pleased.
I plan on funding with Beam though in about a week because they offer a 10% matching deposit and rebates after 60 days if I trade sufficient std lot equivalents and I know I will easily hit those targets.
I actually had my acct approved for Gallant when I found out about the Beam rebate deal but it does require a larger acct than Gallant.

I am using InterbankFX…works quite well with MD… :stuck_out_tongue:

Wherever you go becareful. I came across a Russian site, InstaForex and they have contests that run for a week and others for 2 weeks with a demo and the winners get funded trading accts between 500 and I think 1000. You cant withdraw their deposit but you keep all of your profits. Sounded great so I signed up for Sunday nite’s contest start and downloaded a demo to fool around with since they start the contest with 30,000 USD but you cant exceed 1 std lot per trade and I had no idea how to limit megadroid to that.
.1 gave me 30 std lots so that didnt help. Anyhow I tried .0025 risk and i got
0.1 lots of eurchf which is worth $8.83 per std lot but each pip on the running P&L was only giving me 8.8 cents not 88 cents. EURUSD was the same, a dime per pip not a dollar on .1 lots with each std lot worth $10.00 everyplace else.
I dont get it but they are off on the demo by 90%. Not to mention the fact they insist they are gmt+2 but definitely are +3.
Be careful.

not for long…

They even insisted they were ECN, lol: InstaForex | Forex Forum | Forex world | InstaForex Forum > insta ecn?

[B]and they claim they do the following for the trader’s convenience:[/B]Why does InstaForex use 10000 lot instead of standard 100000 one?
InstaForex company gives an opportunity to trade at Forex market using three types of accounts at once: Micro Forex, Mini Forex, Standard Forex. In order to make such a technology possible a nonstandard 10000 lot was established, which at the deal by 0.01 lot gives the point price of 0.01 USD, id est the absolute minimum, which allows the accounts’ owners of about 5000 - 10000 to control their risks effectively. At the same time, the lot size of 10000 makes the calculations of point cost convenient at deals opening.

Let’s have a look at data below:
0.01 InstaForex lot deal = 0.01 USD pip price
0.1 InstaForex lot deal = 0.1 USD pip price
1 InstaForex lot deal = 1 USD pip price
10 InstaForex lot deal = 10 USD pip price
100 InstaForex lot deal = 100 USD pip price
1000 InstaForex lot deal = 1000 USD pip price

try adjusting megadroid to that foolishness.

Luckily, there are many other good brokers out there: IamFX.com, ATCBrokers.com, FXPro, Alpari UK - just to name a few.

NO trades the last 3 days on neither brokers IBFX or FOREX.

Better no trades is no losses as we have learned to say with this BOT.

Garry

I’m still trying to decide whether to open with Beam or Gallant tomorrow for my little 700.00 acct.

I found out from the Beam app that they are introducing brokers thru CMS Forex in the UK–does that mean worse spreads because if all other things were equal, they need to make something on the trading too?
Also is no dealing desk more important for Beam or the clearing house CMS?

Also, I found out today from Gallant–and I am not trying to get flagged again so [B]Admin[/B] please feel free to edit any parts you need without losing the content–that the deal with better spreads I mentioned the other day makes it 1 pip commission based.
It seems that if I am making a lot of daily trades and most are for smallish take profits, then commission based hurts since its only probably helping on a few extra entries, but mostly is just a fixed cost I cant shake from eating the profits I would have made either way.

Is that logic correct?

You said not for long about having good results with IBFX. They are the best broker I have found with IBFX. What did you mean by “not for long”?

Remember that MD doesnt trade very often. avg about 2 or 3 times only per week. Some times it dont trade for 2 weeks straight. Soooo. remember this and dont worry about frequent trading fees. Plus, Since the first yr of FOREX trading, theres been no dealing desk. Its always been electronic matching for buying and selling pairs ( as far as I know).

Don’t pay any attention to his posts, pops in here every now and then and all the posts are the same…they are good for a laugh. Go back through the posts and you will see what I mean.

Im using IBFX and FOREX as brokers and I find IBFX is doing a very good job. I have it on a nice fast VPS and its working great! Just bumped up my risk to .25 Over 44 wins and one loss almost 2 months ago.

No trades in about 4 days… Tonight might be better. As windy and the others say: No trades is equal to no losses… Id rather not trade if I cant win.

Garry
Naples FL

So I am doing som research about this program. From what I gather it is the most solid application of its sort that is available. It may not produce to the level that is advertised but seems to allow for trading that would far outperform my 401k in recent years. Anyhow, I wanted to ask opinions of seasoned forexers about figfx. It seems to have the features that I’m looking for. MT4, Low min deposit, high leverage, low fixed spreads, scalping is permitted, etcl. I have not heard much about them on this forum. Anyone have experience with Megadroid and this broker or know of a reason why I shouldn’t start out with them?

Why do people choose to pay for VPS if a good selection of brokers offer free VPS with well under 1000 deposit and reasonable volume requirements if any?

Most brokers require more than $1000 real money to use the free VPS service. I tryed Forex vps and it seemed slow to respond on my pc, compared to tagadab vps at 50 megs a sec. Plus you cant run in demo mode on a brokers VPS. They want live money accounts to run on them. On your own choice of a VPS you can do whatever you want within the limits of the service your paying for. I use a windows 98 vps with 512 meg’s memory and its working great with 2 seperate brokers at the same time. Some vps will tell you that you dont have to have windows, but its recomended by metatrader. Windows is extra on most VPS’s at about $8 to $12 a month more. Just make sure you turn off the auto windows updater. It resets the VPS as a pc everytime a new update comes in and that turned mine off about 2 times a week. Plus if your a mac user, a windows VPS allows you to use Megadroid. Just drag and drop on the vps window like it was a PC on your home screen.

No trades for me the last 5 days.

Garry Higgins > Naples FLorida

Thanks for the insight about the auto update on/off–i will ask cust serv or tech when i set it up mon or tues. I am deciding between 2 brokers–one is Linux and the other windows. I am only funding with about $650 although one matches with 10% immediately. I know of a number of brokers that only need 500 for free vps.

Megadroid was working great till today when it did not authenticate . The MT4 was reset , the robot was reinstalled , the receipt was enter , firewall was off I did everything but still getting a error :

Authentication failed Error 2
Error: winInet connection failed…

Anyone knows what could happens …

Thank you …

By the way the only thing I change was a color indicator I download from
forexstf . com … Which came to me by a Megadroid email …

richhope,

have had the exact same problem.