Forex MegaDroid

Unfortunately mine didn’t work too. I got the following errors:
In the Journal tab:
2011.02.24 00:35:00 ‘149631’: trading by experts is prohibited
In the Experts tab:
2011.02.24 00:35:00 MegaDroid EURUSD,H1: Sell operation failed - error(133): trade is disabled

So FxPro is deliberately disabling trades with EAs at this time.
I guess demo accounts will work as usual, but I have disabled my demos at FxPro, because they were of no use to me. The performance with my demos was the same as Bravehost’s demo account.

well i guess this removes all doubt and confirms that breavehost is actually using a demo account…lying ain’t cool man :mad: i got the same message as you a65, and my demo traded normally and got similar results like breavehost.

I’m closing my account with fxpro, im done with this bucket shop.

I suggest that we begin spreading the word about his deceipt on other forums. I have left a post on the MD thread on donna forex. He posted on several others as well.

Any suggestions on the next MD friendly broker?

well so far gallant fx has worked out great for me, their vps might be a little sluggish at times but the spreads are ok and MD is running smoothly on it, MD trades a little bit more often on gallantfx than fxpro.

as for act brokers, MD trades less frequently with them than gallant and its an ECN broker which im not really fond of, but non the less, their execution has been great and i usually use them for my manual trades.

I’m looking at dukascopy now, they are an ecn broker but you can definitely trust your money with those guys, you can also use a bridge to link your MT4 terminal with their trading platform so u dont have to compromise or learn to use their software.
but to be honest im not gonna use MD that much with dukascopy coz their commissions are more expensive than your average broker so that will shave off a lot of MD’s profits, so mostly its gonna be for my manual trading…no harm in trying out the MT4/Jforex bridge on a demo account and see for yourself the results with MD.

if u need the bridge just pm me and i can email u the source code…its easy to setup and opening a demo with dukascopy wont take minuets.

I’ll be on the watch for a decent STP broker and will let you know if i find anything.

Thanks a lot for the extensive response. Dukascopy is definitely not for amateur newbies like me. I am not ready to put this kind of money yet. I will take a look at gallant fx, but how is this 100% stop out level working together with MD?
What would you say about FXOpen Money Maker account? They have fixed 2 pips.

Below is the message I received from FXPro having successfully traded Forex Megadroid with them for over a year:

"Dear ,

In order to safeguard all our clients, including yourselves, please be notified that as of today 21:00 server time, and at least until 02:00 AM server time, we will not be accepting trading using Expert Advisors (automated scripts coded in MQL4). This is due to the reduced liquidity available in the market, at these times, and the aggressive trading characteristics of your EA that may affect the smooth operation of the electronic platform.

Please take particular note that any active trades, between these times, will need to be closed manually via your terminal."

Just wanted to warn everyone of this scam brokerage.

we are with gomarkets and have found them very good

Another Australian brokerage, Vantage FX, is pretty good too. According to the recent reports on forums, they have resumed acceptance of US customers. Likewise, the MD partner brokerage FinFX is continuosly accepting both US and non-US customers.

Bravehoststamps how did your MD trade last night if everyone else was blocked by FXPro?

What are you doing differently?

Placing the order manually after it does not go through automatically. I will nonetheless be moving away from FXPro soon.

no problem at all, as for the stop out level, as long as your SL is above 5 pips from the market price at the time you should be fine, obviously that is not a problem when using MD at all :wink:

as for FXOpen, well I donno, i haven’t delt with them at all, but if its any help gallant’s spread is 1.6 - 2 pips max on the live account…on their demos its 1.1.

oh another thing dont get confused with the old gallant fx…the one im using is called " gallant capital markets "…they used to be called gallant fx until the retarded NFA regulations forced them to relocate.
the new gallant fx is run by gain capital or something like that…my recomendation is you stay away from them.

other than that go ahead and try out gallant’s demo to see for yourself…i think you’ll like them.

and as for you bravehost, please don’t give out advice about brokers you don’t have live accounts with, i don’t mean this as an insult or anything but quite frankly your credibility is in the crapper right now !

If I didn’t have a live account with FXPro, how would I have received that message from them?

1 ) phobos8585 posted the message on this forum

2 ) i left my demo running along side the live fxpro and got the exact same result you got…you say you did this manually ? well then u must have some super fast connection + a super fast clicking finger to get exactly 0.4 pips, i was watching the trade at that time and there is no way you could get exactly 0.4 pips manually even if you have 0 MS ping…the market was too volatile at that point !

Hello!

Haven’t been here for a while.

Anyone still using Alpari UK and knows how it’s dealing with Megadroid now? I did well with Alpari UK before but quit with the profit after some losses. Seeing that Megadroid is still doing well after I quit, I’m going to give it another try. Made an account on FxPro but then read that it’s not allowing EA trades anymore so I might continue with Alpari UK if anyone has been using it and can tell me the results.

Greetings,
I’m new here.Just a few question.

1. what is the best setting for MD i.e aggressive on or off and the risk level of and account of 500.

thanks a lot !!!

Hi myfreedomventure, welcome aboard :wink:

1st off just want you to know MD isnt a get rich quick bot, you have to be very patient with it as it doesnt trade very often.
that being said, the settings for maximum profitability are rather simple.

a) aggressive on will get you more trades so i recommend keeping it on.

b) make sure your stealth mode is on at all times…u cant trust a broker 100 %.

c) start out with a 0.1 - 0.3 risk setting, start low to get a feel of how MD works then raise the risk persentage once you get a the grip on how MD works.

d) trust MD…dont let your emotions interfere with the auto trading, sometimes some trades go south but pull back up after a while, so you have to keep your emotions out of the game AT ALL TIMES !!! after all MD has a good track recorde of 95 % + accuracy.

e) for me i keep recovery mode on, if you suffer a loss, it will help you recover from it in a short time, but keep in mind that its a double edged knife…it basically increases your lot size after a loss to compensate, so if u get 2 SL losses in a row that can be devastating…so i guess the recovery mode choice is up to you.

f) the broker is a very important factor when it comes to success with MD, make sure you have a good broker with tight spreads…maximum stread MD can handle is 3.0, so make sure your broker’s spread on the EUR/USD pair is less than that.

I hope this info was helpful and if you ever need any help dont be afraid to ask, thats what we’re here for :stuck_out_tongue:

cheers and happy trading :cool:

Hi,
I have an old account with alpari and it works fine. Altough I’m not trading Megadroid on it anymore, since the 1.3 version starts the trading an hour earlier which kinda screws up the trading strategy in my opinion. Trading some free ea’s from Steve hopwood from FF on it now which give my steady gains with low drawdown, you see the results at my myfxbook; Pietpatat’s Profile | Myfxbook

Greetings
Again thanks a lot for your info my friend.Anyway I’ve bee using MD for a few month already. It works well, but like what U said I have emotion sometime when a open trade with MD and its going the wrong ways.So far with MD almost all my trade are profitable except the one that I manually closed(heheh emotions).
I heard that MD sometime had a really bad trade i.d some of the month.Is that true?

Hi all, So what did you guys do? it has already been 1 month since my MD hasn’t traded on FXPRO. Any recommended Broker? I need to use Paypal to transfer just like the service FXPRO provided.