Forex MegaDroid

What VPS are you using?

i hate those damn fxpro requotes :mad:

i use gallant fx’s free vps service and as for fxpro and atc, they are running on my workstation at home, both are connected to a T1 connection.

No, its not that. I have a 10 times or more faster connection than T1. My ping time is < 30ms from home or my VPS.
The problem is that my live account at FxPro has an execution delay of 2 - 4 sec, while my demo account has 0 sec delay. I think they are doing that on purpose. Can somebody suggest a better broker for running MD? I am not in US, so I am not restricted in choice.

ya i know what you mean, im kinda disappointed with fxpro’s live accounts, for me gallantfx is a little bit better…there are some execution delays from time to time roughly around 2 - 3 sec, but atleast i dont get the monster requotes i get on fxpro pluse their vps is free…even though its a bit limited.

act brokers are alright i guess but their stupid NFA regulations are kinda f***ed, but if ur a non-us resident they have different leverage standards…i think the max is 150 : 1. their execution is great, and you wont be seening much of those fxpro requotes.

im still looking for that perfect broker out there though :frowning:

btw what vps are you using ?

I stopped using forexhoster, because it’s too expensive, rather slow response and the ping time to FxPro is high.
I am using now /since more than 1 month/ nextpointhost. It is OK for $25, but you can check their site if you like. I am not sure how long I’ll stay with them, maybe I’ll try a UK based VPS, because I’ve read somewhere that FxPro’s server for Europe is based in the UK, but maybe this is dependent on traders location, where you are relayed to.

Thanks, I’ll have a look at nextpointhost, as for me i’m in Johannesburg (SA) right now, i’m not sure exactly but i’m guessing i get feeds from the European based fxpro server.

as for the location of that server, i don’t think its in the UK, i remember reading somewhere that fxpro only has a representative office in the UK and nothing more…i could be wrong. :confused:
we can always call them and ask :stuck_out_tongue:

The server IS in the UK, you can check that by yourself by typing netstat -n in the command prompt while MT4 is running.
MT4 platform works over HTTPS, so the IP of the broker will be the one that has :443 at the end (HTTPS port).
After that, go to any ip to location lookup site and enter the IP you just got from netstat.

And one more thing… I just got the following message in my Mailbox tab…

In order to safeguard all our clients, including yourselves, please be notified that as of today 21:00 server time, and at least until 02:00 AM server time, we will not be accepting trading using Expert Advisors (automated scripts coded in MQL4). This is due to the reduced liquidity available in the market, at these times, and the aggressive trading characteristics of your EA that may affect the smooth operation of the electronic platform.

Please take particular note that any active trades, between these times, will need to be closed manually via your terminal.

Normal trading without the use of an Expert Advisor will not be affected, in any way.

Dealing Room

What does it mean, should we turn off our MDs for today?

it means make sure stealth mode is on :stuck_out_tongue:

Pure nonsense! They were concerned with our safety! What a joke!
I got the same mail. Maybe they have detected MD and don’t like us using it.
There may be no other choice, but to change this broker.

I don’t know if it’ll help, but I’ve changed my MD’s magic numbers.

ya, good going a65, i made a habit of changing my MD’s magic number everyday just to be on the safe side.
in the end of the day u can never trust any broker.

From now on they will not accept EA trades from 21:00 until ‘at least’ 02:00. I’ll be find another broker to use Megadroid on…

They gave less than one day of warning for people to shut down their EA’s.

Chat InformationThank you for contacting FxPro Live-support. The next available operator will be assigned to you.

Chat InformationYou are now chatting with ‘Maria’, May i have your FxPro account number please?

Maria: Hello, how may I assist you?

you: Am I to understand that EA’s are no longer allowed on FXPro from 21:00?

Maria: from 9 PM until 2 AM

you: Is there any plan to re-allow them in future?

Maria: I am not aware of this at this point

you: alright thank you

You think this is enough to fool them?

i doubt, we gotta try something dont we :stuck_out_tongue:

i guess stealth mode should come in handy in this situation. we’ll just have to see what happens today.

i cant believe they would just throw this crap on us and expect everything to be fine, they will lose a lot of clients.

i know the European economy is on edge coz of all the turmoils that are going on in the middle east, but this is just ridiculous :mad:

Or maybe they have their doubts, exactly because of stealth mode. I am all the time using it. When they see how far away our TP is set, they may guess it’s an EA. Maybe we have to turn it OFF? What do you think?

interesting, but im not sure if im willing to risk that, you can never trust brokers, they might give you another monster requote or freeze ur account and make u lose.

its my understanding that stealth mode scrambles the real TP and SL so the broker doesnt really know whats going on, if we remove the stealth mode, that just confirmes their suspicions and makes things worse.

I have replaced my MT4 software with the original software from Forex Trading Platform MetaTrader 4 site. Let’s see if it makes a difference. If the broker has put a hidden plug-in in their version of MT4 to detect running EAs, this will fix it.

good idea, i’ll do the same.

thx :smiley:

And now I am getting “error(133):trade is disabled”.
Are they crippling our MDs???

fortheg read the last two pages. Check your mailbox on MT4.

I closed my account with them last night. My cash was in my paypal by the time I got up this morning.

My cent account with Lite Forex is trading tonight…

Bravehost’s FXPro account seems to be trading just fine too…what about you a65 and deathbycaffeine? Did your methods of hiding from FXPro work?