Forex MegaDroid

Hey Nikko,

So you ran the Megadroid on more than one chart ? How is that working out for you ? And by changing the auto GMT settings to the brokers GMT settings will make the Megadroid trade more often ?
12 trades - 12 wins so far, Megadroid hasn’t trade last Thursday and Yesterday (Monday May18)

Hello Birdie.

Yes , I have ran droid on 3 eur/usd charts at the same time(changing the S1 and S2 numbers for each and each chart and putting in different 3 hour intervals to cover a run of hours) , runs no problem , I did this for when I am sleeping as I am not by the screen to monitor it.

Changing the auto gmt settings to the brokers settings will not make droid trade more , you have to turn off the auto gmt , and manually add the hours or put a - in front of the hours to fool droid into thinking it is 22.00 + hours on any given time of the day .

I was going to run a test this week on what I discovered on my first round of testing,however I have had to put this off for a while because I am testing out my manual trading system that I am trying to develop , however I do have droid running in the background at defualt settings on this account , and so far it has only dropped in 1 negative trade in 6.

All the best
Nikko

Hey Nikko,

Interesting stuff you are doing. Testing the Megadroid on 3 charts and ‘fooling’ the droid it is 2200hrs

And…manual trading system ? Sounds also very interesting. I am trading since March, so a Newbie to Forex. Trades with Fabturbo-Megadroid-Magic Machine and Euro Blaster (last one gives also profits every trade so far), but refunded Fabturbo and Magic Machine. One of the “robot-test-websites” I look into every day is Driven2Success.com: The Truth about Forex Experts, Robots, EAs, and Automatic Forex Trading Systems and I came across 2 manual trading systems lately : forex ambush and LMT from Dean Saunders "Both look okay, the last just came out today…any thoughts on those ?

Regards

Hello Birdie.

Yes , it is easy to fool robots (inc FAPT).
My manual trading via my system is doing very well.
I have FAPT and Magic M in the background of the same account also , they are doing OK , will be getting Euroblaster soon to test , EB results look very good.

I too look at Driven2success from time to time ,good reveiws in there.
I have heard of both LMT and ambush , not tested them myself though, LMT sounds good , no material on ambush so can’t comment.

If you try them out let us know how you get on.

Cheers
Nikko

So what system are you using to do manual trading ? I am very interested.
I am looking into buying LMT to try it out but am still debating on that one, but if I do I will keep you updated for sure.

Yesterday another robot came out : Forex Transformer…I am in this ‘business’ for 2 months now, but every single week another robot is putting on the market…crazy…

Oh, about the Magic Machine : it was doing okay for me as well, but after winning a couple of trades, bumping up my account from 1000 to 1500 it lost 800,- on one trade (stopout), and this is my live account so I was not happy. But it all comes back to MoneyManagement and Risk%…One of the Key words in Forex trading I learned (the hard way…)

Euro Blaster is doing very well so far, no flashy website but great backtests and good results on a 5M chart.

I am running Megadroid and Euro Blaster on one account and 2 different laptops, both on a live account.

Regards

Hello Birdie.

Well , the system I am using/putting together is just really my trading style that I am comfortable with ,using trend, williams% , RSI, MFI and stochastic indicator/lines for a guide , , sort of scalping meets day trading , quite high risk and very rarely using stops , though capable of a lot of pips per day as long as I spend the time working it.

Yes , if you get LMT please keep us updated.
I have had some losses on MM all EUR/USD , however it is still in profit , just , I have also got the standard version to work on GBP/USD pairs , and that hasnt dropped a trade yet on that pair.
Quite right , it does come down to money managment and risk , got to go with what you are comfortable with.

I am sure there will be another system/robot launched next week and the week after that , seems to be the case doesn’t it LOL.
For now I am happy with Driod and others , but will get Euroblaster too.

Wishing you continued good fortune with Droid and Euroblaster.

Cheers
Nikko

Hi Nikko,

You say " Changing the auto gmt settings to the brokers settings will not make droid trade more , you have to turn off the auto gmt , and manually add the hours or put a - in front of the hours to fool droid into thinking it is 22.00 + hours on any given time of the day . "

I don’t understand this. I am demo and live trading megadroid and barely get any trades. I have all default settings and no matter how high my risk settings are, I still barely get trades.

How do you turn off the auto gmt and manually add the hours ?

or

where do you put the - in front of the hours ?

is that in the mt4 platform settings, or the droid settings?

Sorry I’m new. I want to try this to see what happens.
Also, does having 3 charts make the droid trade more?

thanks

First an update about our famous Megadroid : Another profitable trade today ! I can only say one thing : Amazing !

Yes, I have bought the LMT system, implemented it in Metatrader 4 on 8 Charts (Daily) and am waiting for the signals to come in. Interesting formula, and you have to order manually and stop manually (or hit the take profit/stop loss point), but the system is very well put together and documented ! Saunders also explains in his manual that you get a couple of signals at one time but only stick to one to get the best results. And he gives examples of Conservative and Aggressive trading methods.

Anyway I will keep you guys updated, This Forum is about the Megadroid, but I hope everybody can appreciate some sidenotes from other systems I hope ?

Regards

Hello FX.

You will probably only get 1 trade per night on droid (excluding mondays, fridays) ,so dont worry.

Just check that your input settings are ok.
Go to your chart where the droid is installed.
Right click on the chart.
You will get a drop down box come up.
Move your pointer over EXPERT ADVISOR then into properties.
Goto the common tab and make sure the ALLOW LIVE TRADING is checked and CONFIRM DLL FUNCTION CALLS are unchecked (refer to the droid setup manual).

From the INPUTS tab where you get all the droid settings , make sure you have autogmt TRUE.( go to the autogmt box , click on it to get the drop down box(true, false)

I would not temp to put up my risk to high on a live account till you have demoed everything properly and are comforable with it , it is not always about how fast you can pull a profit or how big , just that you can get a safe comfortable profit with a risk level that you are happy with.

For changing time settings.

Do this on your DEMO account only , do not try it with your live account till you are comfortable.

Click autogmt offsett to false , place a - in front of the hour (increase hours accourdingly) , for possative hours you dont need the + sign , you may find you need to minus the hours to advance the time and + the hours to go backwards.

Doing this with multiple charts is if you are not watching or monitoring your trading or sleeping , just repeat the same steps for each chart, make sure you change every S1,S2 to something completly different for each chart if you have more than 1 open at the same time.

All the best.
Nikko

Can you give me the investor password??

Just wanted to say that I have been experimenting with changing the GMT offsets. This has been in one case a bit of DISASTER, this afternoon about 2.30 the droid went short - completely the wrong move. It soon hit its Stop Loss, then started another short which failed and failed, I did not cancel the trade as I was interested to see what happened - the trade is still running at a loss but has gained some ground.

Think I will cancel this particular chart when the trade finished. This was set at -7.

Suke.

Nikko,

If I just leave all default settings, and then I just change the s1 and s2
values, BUT I run megadroid on 3 charts. Would I get more trades?

I mean, would I get more trades by running megadroid on 3 charts, even though it will only trade on it’s normal hours it likes to trade since all setting will be defaults except for the s1 and s2 values on the charts?

I’m getting frustraded because no matter what broker I use, I get no trades at all.

thanks!

Hello FX.
I understand your frustration , it can be very frustrating, what I would say is start a new week from monday , go through the setup manual of droid over the weekend and make sure that you have all your settings correct and you have installed droid correctly.

Possibly you may want to try a different broker , I dont know what broker you are using , Alpari works for me , BHS uses Alpari too , plus others aswell, refer to BHS’s earlier threads and maybe give them a try.

The purpose of changing around the time settings is to fool Droid into thinkng that any time you change and put in is droid’s trade time slot (22.00 - 00.00) for example , if it is 13.00 now ,you can change the time settings so droid thinks it is 22.00.

So yes ,if you run droid on 3 charts you will possibly get more trades per day , You ony need 1, 2 or 3 charts with different time slots to cover a period you are away from your computer screen.

If you are by your screen every 2 or 3 hours or so then it would be best to use just the 1 chart and keep altering the gmt time in droid’s settings so it is always showing inbetween 22.00 -00.00 in the UTC time info on the chart.

I know things can be frustrating sometimes ,but just have some fun with it , chill , making money should be fun not stressfull.

Have a great weekend
Nikko

All, first off, the formum is very helpful. Just purchased and installed MegaDroid (first time using an EA). The install was fairly simple. Couple of quick questions:

• The company recommends FM (ForexMeta) as one of the better brokers for the EA - Has anyone used ForexMeta with MegaDroid, or had any bad experiences with the company.

• Also, the computer needs to be on 24/7 for the Droid to work - does anyone know if the computer can go into hibernation mode and the Droid will still function?

Guys,

Only one trade this week so far. And it stopped the trade while it could have done much better because it was following the trend UP…

Anyway, I hear a lot of people complaining on forums they don’t get any or only 1 trade lately. Don’t know what’s going on here. The guy from Driven2Success even said if the Droid isn’t making any trades by this Friday he will pull the test from his site.

Is our Droid ‘dying’ ?

Nikko,

Thanks for the advice.

I’m using forex.com with a live account, and have a demo acount
with fxdd. I see some other people get a lot more trades with fxdd.

I didn’t use alapri because I got this message on their par when I was
going to download mt4 " In response to the high demand, clients now have the opportunity to download the newly released client terminal, MetaTrader 4 Build 223. Please note that this terminal has not been tested by the system changes control procedures and Alpari (US) is not responsible for any connectivity problems or system glitches. "

and megadroid requires build 221, their other mt4 has build 220.

So if I run megadroid on 3 charts, I’ll get more trades.

But, what if I just run megadroid on 3 charts with default settings, and
not messing with the time settings. So if I was going to get 1 trade
that day during megadroids normal trading hours, I would get up to 3
trades during that time since I have running on 3 charts?

or do i have to change the time settings in order for it to trade more?

Thanks!

hi,

This week:

9 trades on Alpari 6 wins 3 losses-(my fault messing with gmt offset settings)
1 trade 1 win on FXDD

Hope the droid is not dying!
Suke

Last night the Droid was trading again…and wiped out 300,- of my live account. I guess this one is over for me. I am out and done with it.

I am going to trade a different style without robots, you simply can’t trust them : giving you bits of profits over a period of time and BLAM wiping out most of your account overnight, that’s my experience with 4 robots so far, so I am out and tried enough.

Im going to trade manually and will use a specific system for it I learned the last weeks.

Anyway : Good Luck to everyone here and hope you will win a lot of Pips !

Regards

Hello FX.
If you are happy with your current brokers no need to change , I recomended Alpari as I use them and get on with them .

Droid needs MT4 221 or higher , I have updated mine and have no problems so far , though I trade from Alpari UK not USA , they shoud be the same I would imagine.

Having 3 charts with the same settings may give you 3 identacle trades , I have not tried that ,though not wise to do this in my opinion.

The purpose of having more than 1 chart open with changed time settings is to cover a time slot that you are away from your computer , like sleep time , 1 extra chart covers a 3 hour period , 2 charts 6 hours , 3 charts 9 hours and so on , so in affect you may get more trades outside the normal droid trading times with these extra charts , this of course depends on droid finding and taking a trade setup in those given extra time slots.

Happy trading
Have a great weekend.
Nikko

Hello Birdie.
Sorry to hear that droid lost on your account , I lost just over 300 on mine too . it seems that it is losing on the shorts , I am going to test droid just on long trades come Tuesday.

It is often the case with robots if you turn over a trading account to them entirely , great if they are winning , crap if they are losing.

Looking into manual trading is a wise move Birdie ,dont get me wrong, I do like robots and automation , however , I will only allow robots to trade in the background of a manual account , this way I still have relative controll of what is happening in that account.

By trading an account manually it is a good way to learn Forex trading

You know the LMT you got the ther day , have a play around with it :wink: ,as well as using it on daily and 4H charts mess about with it on some lower time frames and see how you get on :wink: .

I wish you all the best with your manual trading Birdie , you know if you need some pointers or someone to bounce ideas off feel free to send me a PM.

Have a great weekend
Cheers
Nikko