Forex MegaDroid

I had MD running on IBFX account…more requotes than my previous broker. Quit after 1 month of live trading. Account was up 2% by then…Any MD care to chare their experiences with trading MD on bank holidays and during news…I am beginning to notice that these events affect MD’s performance. Is that so with everywhere?

Yes, you should avoind trading during big news releases and holidays. Last holidays ( christmas till newyear ) people left MD on and got good results ( no loosing trade ).

A couple days ago Ben Cooks ( from Advance Droid Tactics ) send out an email to turn off MD on wednesday because of the FOMC release. I looked it up and this is what I found:

The U.S. dollar is likely to face increased volatility over the next 24 hours of trading as the Federal Open Market Committee is scheduled to announce its rate decision at 19:00 GMT on Wednesday,

DailyFX - EUR/USD: Federal Open Market Committee Interest Rate Decision

yah…cuz i remember this past december MD trading throughtout the season. I did have losses yes but my account was still up at the end onf the month. So i think sometimes the volatility of the pair works for MD. Thanks for your input Pietpatat.

What a quiet week!!
Wanna deposit more $ but afraid to lose all profit in one trade lol

I gave up on my MD… only if you have a acc with 10K plus in it you can make some serious cash. So i got onto the scalping… SO much fun but you can get greedy so quick. I started on 3K and worked my way up to 10K in 50 days…EISH

Then i got smart and flippen lost 80% of it all… So thats why i have not been on here for a while. So im still on the MD and Scalping half the size i used to do. So i should be doing well in a few weeks time and i will let you know.

Other wise my MD trades x2 as often on my FXDD acc than my MetaTrader acc.

PS: Does any one know what platform the creators use their MD on? Because there is no WAY they are on a free MT4 platform like us. They have to be on a crystal clear market some place. <<<<<LET ME KNOW>>>>>

CHEERS…

Lee is back =):smiley:

Hello,

No trades for me since i started yesterday.

Greetings
Patrice

Hi Lee and good to have you back :wink:

We’ve many of us made the ‘beginner’s luck’ part of the journey. A lot of people quit after wiping out their initial pot, so it’s good that you haven’t. I just hope the next part isn’t ‘totally robbed by a broken robot’!

Q: which broker is your Metatrader account on? I don’t know which one the creators use, but I’ve been looking for a better broker and it seems that ATC is often recommended here. I’ve also noticed that Alpari do a Pro account which brags that it has 0 pips spread on EURUSD, but the entry price is too high for me.

Z

No trades on Alpari UK.

can i ask you to please fill me in on what this broken bot did?

personally id recommend iamfx… first of all it has free VPS :slight_smile: and 2nd its used by someone i respect in the field of testing robots

the minimum account is $500 us,
low spreads… as i type this i checked there main page and the current spread is 0.5 pips on eur/usd***edit***… have now seen the spread hit 15pips o.o
fxdd is sitting on a 2 pip spread
act has a 5k minimum account

lol while i now feel like a sales person … im not, im just growing to trust this broker,

so far my experience running it from my home… iv had no trades in standard settings, and for the 2nd time im having problems authenticating md in a second window, not sure why,

Nice results, to bad you lost 80% of it. Did you get greedy and risked to much? or did you just hit a long loosing streak?
I remember you posted a website where you learned scalping, but I can’t find it anymore. Can you post it again?

Oh and this might be interesting for the people using FXDD;

Recently, it seems that FXDD also implemented anti-MD measures. Only ITFX executes MD trades like a clockwork…

I haven’t got a single MD trade with Alpari UK for weeks now. The future of MD depends on NDD brokers only… Assuming that the new CFTC proposals of 10:1 margin will not get passed.

I got this reply on the Myfxbook Megadroid thread; Megadroid Discussion | Myfxbook

Nick; Yes IamFX seems to be a pretty good broker. I have setup a live account with this broker for a friend of my who also wants to try MD. He will be running it with the same settings ( 0.15 risk ) to see how big the difference will be between brokers.

im watching my demo accounts rite now… the spreads are realy killing my manual trading

time : 1:20 EST
aproxx spreads =
fxcm = about 22pips
iamfx = 10-15 pips
fxdd = flat 2 pips…edit- 2 pips on fxdd are eqal to 20 pips on others… my
bad

fxdd = flat 20 pips.

Do you mean the spreads on the IamFX website are just a load of bs? Because 0.5 pips and 10-15 pips is a big difference.

Hi Nick86,

what do you mean about fxdd outsmarting MD? are they able to stop it working somehow?

thanks
V

ummm, is anyone not understanding that this robot is like, crap?

One trade open! TP 10pips, SL 41. Almost hit TP before …

Just a reminder that MD doesn’t trade the last few days of the month.

EDIT: Damn You WendyL :wink: No Trades all week on FXDD

Another trade opened…the first trade closed with 3.9pips profit.
I see Pietpatat got 2 trades too…
Second trade doesnt look so good :frowning:

Yup got the same trade, only my first trade only made me 1.8 pip.

For some reason MD decided to double the lot size for tonight, and I’m getting pretty sick of it. I have tried restarting the VPS, MT4 and Megadroid but nothing seems to help.
I have mailed Megadroid about it and hope they can help me. Else I will just put recovery mode off.

They’ll just tell you restart metatrader or something :stuck_out_tongue:
What happens to me is that if I restart metatrader the lotsize will be normal but after like 1 day the lotsize will be doubled agan. So I always have recovery mode turned off.
Yeah our first trade didnt open at the same time … second trade both entered at 1.39614 though.

Question… did any ones MD trade an hour early than its time frame?

Mine did and i dont know if its a good thing. But yeah i got a winner of 10 pips!

Woop Woop