Forex MegaDroid

Yes MD only opens trades between 20.00 & 24.00 GMT, and only on Monday - Thursday. Just check if there are no open trades before you close MT4, because sometimes it takes a trade that doesn’t close until early in the morning.

my only concern is, are there any members in here who have lost using megadroid? It seems the only people who are posting are those who have been winning consistently. But as I see from the previous post, the stop loss is way too far, that when it gets hit, it will wipe out half of your account.

It seems to me that it will only take some time before the stop loss will get hit.

Those who have lost money on megadroid has completely quit forex and don’t want to read nor posts on any forex related forum anymore. Sorry for being a skeptic, but just pointing out some risks and downside.

You raise a fair point and obviously I cant speak for people who do not want to.

However I will be trialing this through a demo account and then through to a live account. I will post here on the success or faliure of the droid and the broker that I choose to go with.

I think Pietpatat has the right idea with regards to risk.

^ the thing is, megadroid would seem to open a TP of 5-8 pips, and then put a SL of around 100-200 pips. One poster in here mentioned that the stop seems to be so deep, its almost in hell.

Mathematically, with a setup like this, even on a random manual trade, you would 95% of the time hit the TP than the SL ( 100- (5 TP / 100 SL) = 95%), but then once you do hit the SL it is all over for you and your account.

You can be winning for 3 months, then hit the SL and it is all over. Your 3 months profit wiped out. It’s more like a ticking time bomb.

but then again, since megadroid should have some trading system to follow, I should say the edge is higher than being random. I suggest, not to be complacent with gains in megadroid,because sooner or later the market will hit the jackpot.

Your right to point this out.

What I am thinking is let MD place the trades and find a better way to manage them once open.

At the moment I am just observing and collecting data.

Usually the TP is at 10-15pips and SL 50-60 pips. But sometimes the SL is at 150 pips which is strange so I’ll just manually change it to 50-60pips if it goes bad:P

MD entered a long trade at 1.4146 and closed with 5 pips profit.

I have read most forums about MD and this is mostly the case:

• People complain because MD doesn’t trade often
  • People complain because MD doesn’t make the profits reported on the website ( MD doesn’t make that much profit as the website reports ).
  • People complain because MD gets 1 big losing trade ( hit the SL ), quit the bot and don’t let the bot recover.
  • People run md on a high risk ( above 40% ) with wrong GMT settings ( which is just stupid ) and complain all there profits got wiped out

Here how the risk and SL works: If risk = 15%, the lot size and SL are set to loose 15% of the balance. I have noticed that this isn’t very accurate, but in my last trades it’s always been between 10% & 30%.

And the 5-8 TP, 100-200 SL isn’t similar to my own MD results, it’s more like Wendy said.

ok just purchased and set this baby up today in a practice account running euro usd on a 1 hour chart and a 15 min chart as the walkthru mentioned there being no reason it wouldnt be successful in different time frames, will see how it goes, interesting point with the very large SL, im also wondering as the bot has a double up if i loose setting, which is on by default, consider you loose the trade how much will the bot risk to recover?:confused:, well iv read good reviews, and seen professionals using this bot, think it cant be too bad, im considering getting fap turbo in a week or 2 and adding it to the account, plan to spread it across a few currencies to hopefully increase the average win rate as iv head its success is up and down in various currencies

what kind of leaverage are you guys using for these accounts? the preactice account is on 1:20

hope i can help with search for loosing trades ( hopefully not :stuck_out_tongue: )

would you also mind if i ask how much you paid for your MegaDroid? i was charged 150, but think i saw it for 100 the last time i visited the site

I saw it for $100 too but then I was charged for some fee, dont remember what fee, so it became $125 usd.

Reviews and proffesionals using? I’d just say never believe in those lol.

Dont know what leverage is but I think i have 1:100 or 1:200 :confused:

Another 6.7 pips win tonight, am I the only one getting these trades?
I’m shutting down MD for tomorrow because of there will be a news release ( FOMC reports ) during MD’s trading hours.

Yes, they recently increased the price.
I’m using 1:100 leverage. And yes, when recovery mode is on it doubles the lot size after a loosing trade.

Unfortunately so. From your myfxbook link, it looks like you’re using ATC right? I’m on ODL and it has been dry all week.

Z

No Trades for me this week. FXDD

No trades for me either, FXDD (normally like a mad thing)

Hello all,

Since today, I’m also trying the megadroid-robot. First on my demo, and when that works well, on my live account. My broker is Activtrades with a steady 2 pips spread on eurusd.

I shall also post my results on this forum. My settings are the default settings, 500 euro demo account and a risk factor of 0.03. It doesn’t have to go fast for me, but importent for me is winning in the end.

I already have one question: when the robot is activated, on the left is some information. The last one says: “correction detected”. What does this mean? When you are not sure, i will ask the official supportteam but maybe this is normal…

Greetings,

Patrice

Me again,

I see now what correction detected means. Stupid question from me :slight_smile:

I think it serves two purposes@

1. It lets you know MD is still running. Important because it trades infrequently.

2. It detects Long and Short trends(impulses) and when either reverse it says that it is “correcting” imo.

its quite possible that these analysis are stored somewere for MD to be able to estimate the market conditions correctly… possibly 1 of the reasons the guys using vpn are having more sucess, as there systems are running 24/7

iv started reading thru the thread(pages 53-71 so far)… thout id share some things iv noted down…
****my notes
md possibly uses 4 our trading windows
set gmt manually to open a trading window every 4 hours to trick it into trading 24hrs
this may be risky, use small lots
-2 and 0 GMT offset is considered safe
+4 and +8 ok
+10,+14 in london time too risky
Yes MD only opens trades between 20.00 & 24.00 GMT
this is outlined in droid tactics, wich is aparently not going well

odl lacking trades
dont use odl!! it will raise spreads before MD decides to trade and cut it off(info from md support)

all the info above is possibly just personal opinion, except the ODL comment from MD support

today iv opend another account in FXDD and tryed to setup the same 2 windows (1H chart and 15m chart)
the 1H chart was set up without problems but i encountered an authentication problem on the 15m chart…
after noticing MD saying something like correction detections expires in 60mins im not sure the 15min chart will function correctly i will be adding 4h charts, but not sure how well they will work as it only trades in the 4h window

so far no trades have been made with MD running for 24 hours
i am considering using the MD signals to help trade manually along with candlestick charting, and the Eliot wave theory, to trade with the trend

im also planing to build a small application for windows to alert me wen not to trade ie:
bank holidays
to show market hours… ie jap session london session ect
fri or sun opening or last 3 days of the month
news release times
other things i haven’t thout of yet

wen its done i will post it up in a separate thread for ppl to download
it would basically be an alert calendar
once complete i also wan to use it to record volatility, price spikes and direction, to make dayly, weekly and mothly comparisons, as iv noticed, just like the Eliot wave theory, i can see some patterens emerging in some days

here is an email i have receved from someone whos opinion i respect that got me to persue the fxbot idea, hopefully i can get into a live account real soon, and i will most likely be folowing this man in trading with the iamfx broker using MD and fapturbo
btw this (group of people) are known fro testing FXbots and have extensive experience as well as running many pre released bots for testing

Hi there Vlad!

I’ve got a lot of emails about my Forex Million Dollar Challenge from my fellow traders! Everyone seems to be very interested to see if I fail or succeed in accomplishing the goal!

In case you missed it - Here is my mission – to turn a $5000 trading account into 1 Million Dollars by trading only automated forex robots. I have cherry picked the best performing robots from over 300 commercial systems and placed them on my Iamfx.com broker trading account.

After 3 weeks my balance is up to $13354.2 which is 167% profit in 3 weeks! Incredible! I am serious on my goal to reach 1 Million asap!

-----My Settings----------

Everyone is asking me to share my settings. Here they are:

1. Fapturbo is traded on old 48th version. I have not upgraded this account yet. I trade EURGBP, GBPCHF, USDCAD and EURCHF. EURGBP seems unstable on these market conditions so I use it with smaller lot size. Fapturbo EURCHF seems to be very good at the moment.
  2. Megadroid works on EURUSD. I use advance droid tactics for it.
  3. EB Turbo works on EURUSD as well on aggressive settings.
  4. Fx Nuke works on default settings
  5. Robominer trades AudNzd on default settings.
    That’s all folks. If I make any changes, I will update you in the next newsletter!

off course he is using unsafe money management as it is just an experiment for him

Yes I’m with ATC, I guess it trades more because of the low spread.

@Nick; I wouldn’t get your hope up to much about Fapturbo, as it kinda like the beta version of megadroid. I never traded it, but it’s made and advertised by the same people that also do MD, it has the same 2 strategy’s as MD and has the same small wins and big losses.

Hi Nick86 - interesting that MD support are dissuading ODL explicitly. I’m tempted to ask them to recommend a UK broker but I’m not sure I will get any joy. I think I will try Alpari UK next. I prefer to use a UK broker in case there are any problems.