Forex MegaDroid

Exactly…

Two things:

1. We need to remember that any bot is a black box which has no guarantee of past performance.

2. We all need to practice money management outside of the bot, with a bit of capital preservation to boot.

Am I going in the right direction?

Z

I’m not saying your wrong or right. I am testing the software - Whatever the result it will be posted up here for the world to see.

Now if you have some constructive critisism of the software then go ahead and post you opinion with some facts and an explanation to people that might not be as experienced as you - This is a forum for Newbies after all.

Look dude, 5:1 risk/reward is TERRIBLE, and if you think this EA has a 95% winning ratio long-term - it shows how much experience trading you really have.

Does any EA have a ration of 95% long term? can you explain what you think a good risk.reward ratio should be? Thanks.

Also - I am a programmer and can programMQL4. So if you don’t know MQL and rekon that you have system that works and can be coded then I would be more than willing help :smiley:

You’re right, I have 0 years of forex trading and am a forex newbie ( and I don’t pretend to be a forex guru ). But stupid? No.

The last year this robot had a 5:1 risk/reward ratio with a 95% winning rate, which made alot money for megadroid users.

I agree with you, this is no guarantee for the long term future. I know the market can change any day and megadroid can stop working any day. That’s why I will switch to a demo when megadroid get 2 losses in a row ( and loose 40% ). So when I’m up 165% ( which takes around 10 months. ) I can only loose my profit.

So in short: This robot has worked for 1 year.
If it works for 10 more months I can only lose my profit.
If it stopped working right away when I put my money in, I would have lost 40%.
If it keeps working, I will be making alot of money without having to do anything for it.

So am I stupid for taking this chance?

A short trade tonight still open.

Nothing over here.

I’m the only one with this trade?
Hit TP 9.1pips+.

Short Trade Entered 21:47 @ 1.3696 close 22:00 @ 1.3686: 10 pips profit. FXDD Demo Account.

ODL’s live spread is currently at 3.1. Guess who wants to lose me as a customer!

Mmmm, couldn’t be ODL could it???

No trade for me neither :frowning:

Hi All ,

Had a short trade last night on MD , opened at 1.36947 and closed at 1.36869 - I am using Alpari ,

cheers

I had the same trade last night as you saintetienne, mind you, it tried to open the trade at 1.36958 originally. I’m also on Alpari by the way.

Hi all,

Got the MD yesterday morning and booted it up on my new MT4 Demo account, USD10,000, Risk is set at 5 i think, and lot size is changed from 0.1 to 1 i think.

Took its first position today, short @ 1.3696 and then TP @ 1.3686, $514 in total

Hi - Risk 5 or 0.5 :eek:

0.5 means it can risk 50% of the account i.e. $5000. Which broker are you using?

ok i thought risk was like its aggression level, its on 0.5 but i now get it thank you, so i should prob change that i think lol, i think the broker is Fxcm but not sure sorry, FXDD maybe. i have not really looked into it for this as i just rushed to get a demo open and start testig all my live accounts as with FXCM Australia

No worries - it would have been a shame for you to see some amazing results, only for your account to get halved on your first live loss. Even 0.1 is risky by normal money management approaches but you would make very little if you told it to stick to 0.02 :smiley:

I have three demo accounts open now. IamFX, IBFX and AlpariUS. Last night IBFX made one trade for 10 pips profit, Iamfx did not try to trade and Alpari tried to trade but I got this message-
2010.02.11 15:50:07 : order sell 0.74 EURUSD opening at 1.36958 sl: 1.38011 tp: 1.36458 failed [Off quotes]
Not sure what that means.

Yeah my FXDD demos traded but the live account didn’t. From what I see MD will trade on some brokers at different opportunities. Whether that means a difference in returns remains to be seen but from MD’s profit calculator, it looks like they bank on about 100 trades done in a year.

As they say in the manual, it’s about being profitable not thrill seeking. Wanna make more money, learn to trade for yourself and supplement MD(that’s what I’m doing on my demos). 5 -to 10 pip scalps 2 times a day max(if the market looks good).

Make the pips and keep 'em little by little.

I have seen that my Live account on FXDD traded while the forex-robots Alpari Live account didn’t on the same night.

Alpari’s 5 digit quotes look juicy for MD. My next account will be with them.

YMMV.

Hi, am struggling with the overall settings of the MD,

1> Lotsize - default is 0.1, is this 10c per pip, $1 per pip???
2> I understand now thanks to ‘Zorba’ that say 0.5 means it can risk 50% of account etc, so 0.1 is risking 10%, is there an optimum risk level for profitabilty??
3> And lastly on the MD website it has a calculator which has 7 level of aggression, how in the inputs tab can this be adjusted as would like to set up a number of Demo accounts testing the different settings,

ps i apologise if these are very simple questions but have been unable to find the answers in the manual received with the MD download

cheers MM