Forex MegaDroid

Second trade closed with hitting the 9.8 pips TP level, other trade still going with 13.9 pips TP.

I had 2 shorts, one has closed for profit, one is still scaring me a bit as I too increased my deposit! :eek:

Short Trade entered 21:00 @ 1.3802 exited 1.3790 for 12 pips profit.
Short Trade entered 21:00ish @ 1.3797 exited 1.3791 for 6 pips profit - FXDD Demo Account.

2nd trade closed with a few pips profit.
Looks like Iā€™m the only one who missed the other trade :frowning:

First trade closed now with 4.6 pips profit, total 14.4 pips profit for tonight.
I think I will also make another deposit ( after a loosing trade ).

WendyL, which Alpari account do you have? Iā€™m considering going over to the Alpari Direct account with NDD STP ECM (PDQ TTFN JFDI?).

You guys have had this thread open for a whileā€¦ So has the best broker been discussed yet? Wondering witch broker brings the best profitsā€¦

lol donā€™t understand all those abbreviations but iā€™m using alpari uk micro.

Pietpatpat is your risklevel really set at 0.1?
On my $3091 account i get 0.68 lots with 0.3 risk, and 0.23 with 0.1 risk. Your account balance is like 3 times mine so your lotsize should be like 0.23*3 = 0.69 but today you had 1.58 :confused: confusingā€¦

I have risk on 0.15

Hereā€™s a question for you lot trading this EA.

Do you understand that in forex you need a good risk reward ratio to succeed?

Wendy

I have been following this for some time now and wondered if you are still using 0.3 risk. I initially set up an account with Alpari UK, although I have been using a demo account with FXCM. It has only been running for over a week and I have registered with myfxbook, so hopefully tonight I can get the account set up. Like most people last night I managed two trades :). I am going to continue trading on the demo account for another couple of weeks to see how things go. I have started off using risk 0.1 but having followed a lot of the posts on here will consider increasing to maybe 0.2 and see.

I noted the comments about the strange SL last week which was considerably bigger than normal and can confirm that the same happened on my account. I have emailed MD support to see if they can offer any explanation. I will post any reply I get.

Paul

No. Are you referring to the amount that MD can potentially lose?

I didnā€™t program the EA, but the guys who did told me that I would have money comming out of my arse within a year so thatā€™s good enough for me :wink:

All I can do is test the software and see if itā€™s profitable either on itā€™s own or as part of a strategy.

At the moment I am running it as is with the risk set to .3. I am trying to get an idea of the win\loss ratio so that I can set the risk accordingly and will take it from there.

I have only been testing for a month so I donā€™t feel I can make a proper judgement yet.

So you think a 5:1 risk to reward ratio, with 95% winning rate wonā€™t succeed?

Maybe you should stop bashing EAā€™s if you donā€™t do any research or testing.

Still very big lotsize for 0.15risk. Or maybe mine is too smallā€¦

@paulbt38
Yes still 0.3!

What are the funding options for a budding trader (like myself) with limited capital. Any ideas will be appreciated.

Thank you

EUR pairs were in freakzoid mode most of the day and Volumes still look high. MD is sitting this one out so farā€¦

(Maybe I should have done the same on my demo todayā€¦lost my profit from yesterdayā€¦lesson learned):frowning:

I didnā€™t program the EA either, but our ignorance of MQL isnā€™t a limiting factor in being able to see some crap.

Just shows how stupid you really are.

How many years have you been trading forex? Itā€™s obvious you are a ignorant, newbie who knows nothing about the market, but pretends that he does, with extreme arrogance. I donā€™t mind ignorant newbies, I mind ignorant arrogant newbies, who donā€™t take the advice of those who have been in the game much longer.

Look dude, 5:1 risk/reward is TERRIBLE, and if you think this EA has a 95% winning ratio long-term - it shows how much experience trading you really have.

Before your account ends up heading south, I suggest you quit this EA altogether.