Forex MegaDroid

No tricks being used of any sort. Default settings, 5% risk level.

Wowā€¦i am seeing this robot making profits left right centerā€¦

I going to purchase one myself soon ā€¦but the trades seem less at timesā€¦

It should work harder ! :slight_smile:

Do banks use EAā€™s for their trading or is it all done manually?

i have some questions:

1. i am planning to start with $200 live account with MD on alpari uk.
    as soon as i reach $5000 to switch to ATC.
    Broco FX Backtests where not as good as on alpari. so i think alpari is the way to go, but i dont know really. maybe i try backtesting on MB Trading, which i think have minimum account size of $400.
    what do you think? i want to stick with ndd/ecn brokers.

2. have you already started a live account with stats at mt4stats.com?

3. another question, do i really need a vps at start? the cost for vps would be higher than my earnings with this robot.

4. another question is if MD gets converted to MQL5? Do you know something about it? if not, i think its no use to buy it anymore.
    because i read mt5 will come fall 2009.

thanks in advance!

Hi In terms of getting trades when other traders dont is down to the quality of price feeds from the broker and what Internet connection you have.

A VPS will save you money and earn you money because you gain extra pips in trades and dont loose out on trades because of connection issues.

Your Internet connection via VPS will ALWAYS be far superior so you will also get better execution on trades.

I found AlpariUK & FXPRO very good for numerous trades and good execution and never saw any off quotes or locked orders that make looses or disable MD from taking a trade when the setup appears for MD.

BAcktest with MD requires the GMT to be 100% correct but In live you dont adjust but leave it in auto.

Just adjust the risk settings and lot size.

For a small cost monthly you should see it returned on profits in MD and as the account grows MD will increase the lot size.

About Q.4 I dont see it a problem but contact MD direct from the web page.

See all my live stats NOT DEMO Acc below!

FXCM USA gives many off quotes resulting in either no trades or bad entry price point.

ALPARI UK ezymegaALPARIUK.mt4stats.com

FXPRO ezymega.mt4stats.com

FXCM UK ezymegaFXCMUK.mt4stats.com

FXCM USA ezymegaFXCMUSA.mt4stats.com

FOREX COM ezymegaFOREXCOM.mt4stats.com

many thanks for taking your time to answer my questions!

one more question:
at your alpari uk account, the last trade:

13070560 2009.06.19 00:07 sell 1.86 eurusd

i thought MD doesnt trade on friday, or was that manual trading?
how much risk do you run at your alpari uk account?

many thanks!

That was Thurs night just turned Fri.

All acc have 30% risk although I vary it from 10-20 at times depending on what mood I perceive market to be in and how Euro ran for the day.

From memory I took risk down to 10% just one day this month on Alpari else all trades 30%.

Edz

Hello.

Iā€™m just buy Megadroid.

Iā€™m use Alpari.UK ,real account $ 2000,Forex VPS,Default setting.

I read your post about use 5% and default setting.

Where i can change into 5% from balance or itā€™s default setting Megadroid?

If i use lot 1,how much that in %? and i must change the LRR to or not?

Just curious,why you not use broker Forex Meta like Megadroid recommended,itā€™s bad?

Thanks!

Hi my settings I never use 5%.

My settings are between 10-30% which I change depending on how I see market.

You MD should be V1.11 appear on the chart

As you open a new MD on the chart set the risk level and the lot size, Alpari Micro Lot size is 0.01 and Alpari Classic is 0.1, GMT is left to Auto and Recovery Mode =True

I guess you have Micro which limits your max lots in the future to only 2 Standard lots (100K) so if you MD tries to go above 2 standard lots it will not trade so you will have to reduce your risk or swop over to Alpari Classic which has NO limit on max lot size but it trades in 0.1 lots size.

Hope this helps

Edz

hm i wonder why you both bravehoststamps and edz get different trades? both on alpari with forexvps, or missed i something? the only difference is brave is running on 5% and you on 20-30%. the way i understood it was that the risk has only influence on lot size, but seems like MD takes ā€œriskierā€ trades with more percent, so trades more frequent?

From memory I think Bravehoststamps is DEMO, if not Im on Alpari Micro that trades up to max 2 ful lotsā€¦When I reach 2 full lots I will need to change over to Alpari Classic,its unlimited lots but only 0.1 not 0.01 like I have now. I think MD wont open trades if the settings calculate above 2 full lots hench it wont open trades,as I understand but I will find out soon looking ast my present lots size on the statsmt4.

Edz

I have been running Megadroid on a classic account with lots of 3.5 and more with no problem. I have been running a demo account in parrallel and I do notice that the live account always tends to get a slightly worse opening price (for instance the 23/6 trade on demo bought at 1.38542 and at 1.38562 on live) which means the profit is slightly less - other than that they are comparable.

Incidentally, the aggressive strategy seems to be taking a lot more profitable trades lately. I am only running that on demo though - like you I think itā€™s safer to switch it off on my live account.

Hi Markyboy

Will you be using mt4stats to show what and how your doing?

Oh and do you have a VPS for live and demo?

Thanks

Ed

I take a lot of other trades on my live account, so it will be confusing for anyone to look at, but I am happy to post my test results (providing I can work out how to do it!!)

Sure I understandā€¦mt4stats.com then in Publisher tab on MT4 in tools , options is the place to enter details.

Thanks

Ed

Please find the link to stats for my Alpari UK Test Account Below:

markyboy.mt4stats.com

Hello. I am a brand new member of the forum and forex trading. I have been mucking around in forex the last few months on the GFT Dealbook 360 platform. I never heard of MD (or an EA) until Sunday, while trying to research trading strategies on the web. It took me a long time to find a few chat sites, like this one, where average traders discuss their experiences with this product. I donā€™t recall ever having to wade through so much self-serving hype on the web just to find an isle of sanity.

Late Sunday, I opened demo accounts on IBFX and FXCM-USA. On Monday, I purchased MD. I also spent a few hours on chat sites trying to glean as much information as possible regarding MD. As a result, on Tuesday, I also opened a demo account on Alpari-UK. There seems to be a loose consensus that Alpari-UK is achieving the best results with MD. I am presently using DSL, but will use a VPS in London if I elect to go ahead with a live account.

Based on what I read, I expected to wait a week or so before getting trades. I was pleasantly surprised when I found that MD placed trades on Wednesday night. The results:

1. FXCM - No trades.
  2. IBFX - One $20 trade (one pip, two lots).
  3. Alpari - Two trades for $157.02 (a 10.6 pip trade at 1.44 lots and the same trade as IBFX at 0.03 pips at 1.46 lots)

After reviewing markyboyā€™s account statement, I can confirm that both of our trades on Alpari-UK had exactly the same entry and exit prices.

I do have a question that I hope that someone can answer. I opened all three accounts with a $10,000 balance and 100:1 leverage. I used a risk factor of 0.20, lot size zero, and recovery mode off on all three accounts (based, again, on a loose consensus of what I had read in the various chatrooms).

The ā€œMegaDroid on-chart comments blockā€ on the H1 graph on both FXCM and IBFX listed lot size as 2.0. I can confirm that IBFX traded two lots (one pip profit times two lots = $20). I can also confirm that the lost size increased to 2.1 after the trade. So, apparently lot size increases as the account grows (at least with that setting).

My problem is this: With the exact same settings, Alpari set a lot size of 1.44. I can confirm that IBFX traded 1.44 lots on the first trade. After that trade, lot size increased to 1.46. I can confirm that IBFX traded 1.46 lots on the second trade. I then increased the risk factor to 0.27 to bring the lot size to 1.97 to bring the Alpari lot size in line with the FXCM and IBFX accounts. My questions are as follows:

1. Does anyone know why this disparity exists between FXCM and IBFX versus Alpari? A 20% risk factor is as high as I would ever go on a live account.

2. What is the relationship between risk factor and lot size? The small trade last night had a stop loss with a risk of 152 pips (times $20 = a $3,040 potential loss = a 30% loss on a $10,000 account on IBFX). (BTW: The larger trade only had a 33 pip risk.) On Alpari the risk was 152 pips times $14.6 = $2,219.20 = a 22% loss. So, Alpari actually seems more accurate. (In fact, after just performing these calculations, I just went back and lowered Alpari to 0.20.) Are there other settings that provide exactly a 20% loss? Is there a way to get FXCM and IBFX to the same risk level so that I may more accurately compare the results from these three demos?

I would appreciate any input involving these questions. I still do not understand exactly how these two settings work together ā€“ and that bothers me (especially where money is at risk). Thanks in advance!

Just got back from a small vacation (jet another one ahead) and checked my account with ATC. MegaDroid has now brought me +$5 492.49 - hooray! :slight_smile: : apatc50.mt4stats.com . I have also launched one more account with FXCBS (another ECN broker) - got two profitable trades for the day on it: jbfxcbs.mt4stats.com

Michael,

Pretty much all non-ECN brokers manipulate market quotes to one extent or another - hence the difference in your trading results. As for the lot size, the higher it is, the greater the risk is in absolute terms - that is, in terms of money, not pips (just to keep things simple). MegaDroid employs a rather sophisticated MM (Money Management) strategy, whereby the robot holds lower SL levels for large lot sizes.

i am eddy from nigeria africa, i have been trading for about 8months now.
i need a good forex account manager from any where in the world, who will make good profits.
kindly send me a mail to my emailā€¦
:slight_smile: