Forex MegaDroid

Since ForexScalpa seems to be the same thing as MD on a different pair, I put it up on my live account… I hope it will be at least as good as MD. :slight_smile:

As it’s the last 3 days of the month, am I right in assuming that we cannot expect any trades till Thursday?

Good Point - keep forgetting about that.

Another week, another brand new (probably useless) robot with an MD-variant as a bonus… I’m slowly beginning to get disappointed with the MD guys. :frowning:

I am disappointed also. The Forex Magic Bullet and Forex Scalpa did not do well at all on back testing in my IBFX demo account although Scalpa did make a 5 pip profit last Thursday. I know all these robots are all about marketing but MDs “new robot a week program” is getting ridicules. With all that said I am still satisfied with the profit MD is making.

Most of my backtests on IBFX demo accounts turned out to be disastrous. The same robots did extremely well on Alpari backtests. I suggest you try backtesting with a different broker. I still don’t know what causes this kind of difference, but I’m beginning to abandon IBFX for this reason.

I have Alpari US and IBFX both on demo accounts. I also had IamFx on demo before it expired and for me IBFX has preformed better with MD than the other two in forward and back testing. I have not tried the other two robots with Alpari US yet. It seems that the same broker can have different results with different people. I am not sure how, should be the same data feed. Since MD is the only robot I will be using in the near future I will probably go with IBFX when I start live for the above reason. Thanks for your suggestions.

Hey there Ati…
Hope you are doin fine.
My Scalpa run into SL last week on my FxPro Demo account.
Seems FxPro is not the right Broker as the Spread goes up to 4pips usually at that time…
AlpariUK demo only 1 trade (winner) so far.
Strange thing still on AlpariUK: The demo shows much lower spreads.
(today as we are in the trading hours for example:
demo: between 0.8 and 1.6
real: between 2.0 and 2.3)

If I do the backtesting over my real account the results look much different.(means: 2010 YTD ending deep in the negatives
Did try backtest on your real account as well?

Think I’ll give it a chance at let it run on the real account with minimal risk to see what it does…:slight_smile:

Actually, I haven’t… I’m trying to run a backtest not, but I have a steady 3.2-pip spread, so even the backtest won’t fire. I’ll have to do the backtesting on the live account another time, when we have a spread less than 3.

3.1… Naaaah, went right back to 3.2, so absolutely nothing on the backtest at this time. :frowning:

Yes… going up pretty much. but keep in mind. these are the real conditions if you run it on the live-account. So these results should be much more realistic.
with my FxPro account constant 4.0 pips at the trading hours --> too high for a scalper…

On the live-accounts I think there won’t be any trades this week. (end of the month and holiday on Friday) but we will see.

I got a few minutes of a 2.8-pip-window, managed to do a Jan 1st to March 9th backtest (then the spread went back up above 3, so no more trades in this backtest…). Up 26% with this spread. Seems nice. This is backtesting on a live account.

I now have a 2.3 spread, even went down to 2.1… Backtest with these show a +30%, although for some reason March 9th is still the final day for this test also…

Okay, let’s see it one more time… maybe I can get it past that March 9th date… :slight_smile: Nope, I can’t. Strange. Anyway, 2.0 spread, and +36% result. This is not bad.

Altough I have not idea why it doesn’t do a single trade since March 9th… Demo forward-testing did trades for me I know.

for me it stopped after March 12th in the backtesting. strange indeed

works good on live symbol usdchf,usdcad no exe

No trades the last 2 days either. Mon or tues. No trades in almost 2 weeks. Did some one say that MD also doesnt trade the last few days of the end of a month? no fridays and no last days of the month?:eek:

Does this mean I shouldnt expect any trades till thursday? Then its off on friday again.

Garry:rolleyes:

Officially it does not trade on the last 3 days of the month, on Sundays and Fridays.

I’ve seen backtests where it traded on the last days, so I am unsure about the last-3-day stop. But I did not have any trades from any of the MD bots, so it really does not seem to trade.

So you havent had any trades lately either? I noticed that on one of the robot testing sites it hasnt had any trades in a long while also, but was still on the long term running around 300% over 4 months. Im thinking of adding forex funnel to the same platform. I love funnel( I own it also ), but it does blow the account every 3 months or so. Perhaps if both didnt trade on fridays or monday morning and both was off on the last few days of the month, then together, Id have a champion trading pair. Any Comments?:eek:

I had my last MD trade on the 24th. (3 in a row that evening, 1 normal winner, 2 very-very small wins.)

My “arsenal” of robots consist mainly of MD-variants now, unfortunately being the end of the month, I haven’t been able to try them yet. All of them do great on backtests, and being MD-clones, they do not trade on these riskier days. Of course, we’ve all seen that MD can lose lots of money too, but I’m hoping that these 3 robots together will be quite srtong.

:smiley: MD varieats or EA’s that run like MD? Or are you using those mods that some people have? Whats your understanding of days MD will not trade?
Thanks
Garry in Naples Florida USA:D

These are robots made by the MD guys, but from the looks of it, it’s just MD on a different currency pair. “Forex Scalpa” and “Swissy Accu-Scalper”. But they look the same, trade around the same times, ForexScalpa even had the same magic number by default as MD… :slight_smile:

ForexScalpa took one trade on demo, the stoploss and takeprofit levels were roughly the same as MD. Now it’s the end of the month, so no trade from either of these bots. I will be able to see more of them in April.

My understanding of MD NOT trading is Sundays, Fridays and the last 3 days of the month. On other days it trades if it sees a valid setup. If it doesn’t see one, it will not trade, even if it’s say Tuesday, the 3rd of the month.

Ive seen this MD Pro mod which (MD Pro XE or something) which allows you to change trade days to allow Fridays, Sundays and End of month.

I demoed this and i has some good trades at End of Month!

Anyone seen this MD mod?
Is it actually safe to use? No idea whats been modded

Tonight is the night… :slight_smile: Well, the only night… that MD can trade this week. Will it? :slight_smile: